Sign in to follow this  
grnlark

Pulled out the Buicks

grnlark

It seems these days that the only way I get anything done around the house is by taking a vacation day. So, yesterday I winterized everything including the two Buicks. The one on the left is my '55 Special and the one on the right is my '65 Skylark. Didn't have a chance to get them out much this season. Thought you guys might enjoy.

post-2562-0-59340600-1322925278_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Martin

awesome looking cars matt. used to know a guy that had a real nice 55 back home(in australia), just love the style of the buick, everybody was crazy on the chevies but the buicks had something more for me i guess.......

nylyon

What a nice looking pair of Buicks.

Jake Kuhn

Very nice looking cars you got there matt :bow-blue:

Rollerman

That 55 Special is something else :handgestures-thumbupleft:

The 65 Skylark is cool too.

Zeek

We do. You sound like me . . . burn a day and get three motorcycles ready for bed for the winter.

AMC RULES

No better way to spend a vacation day IMHO, playing with your toys. :confusion-shrug:

Two really nice rides there. :auto-swerve:

kj4kicks

Sure do love those Buicks !

yardLF.jpg

• Like 1

perry

them some nice buicks guys B)

Ken B

Wicked nice Matt. What is under the hood of the 55? 264 Nailhead?

I watched a Jay Leno Special and he big blocked his 55. Very cool even though not original.

grnlark

Wicked nice Matt. What is under the hood of the 55? 264 Nailhead?

I watched a Jay Leno Special and he big blocked his 55. Very cool even though not original.

Thanks guys! Yeah Ken, 264 nailhead. The Special is the only one with the 264. The other three models (Century, Super and Roadmaster) all ran the 322 nailhead. I love Leno's 55 with the 572. The only problem with doing an engine swap on these cars is that they run a fluid filled drive shaft off the Dynaflow trans, so you have to ditch the entire rear too and go to something else. A local guy to me put a 56 Olds rear in his with a 401 Nailhead and the car rips. He had to do a decent amount of fabrication in the rear though and I just don't have the heart to tear this car apart. It's too nice as it is now.

71_Bronco

Nice lookin' cars. Got a chance to see these in person, and they are as nice lookin' in the pics as they are in real life, real beauty's.

Which reminds me, we gotta do our cars (a Ford Pinto, and my dad's '64 Ford Falcon), although at the rate this winter is going, we might not. My dad had the Falcon out this past weekend, and we had the Pinto and the Falcon out the weekend before.

Rooster

WOW, those are some Coooool Rides!!

You guys should really visit my Racing Sponsor, http://coolridesonline.net and put photos on there. They have alot of contests and give aways and rides that nice would surely win something!

HorseFixer

Nice lookin Rides! :bow-blue:

Pollack Pete

Hello Matt.Nice Buicks.When I saw them,the 55 was covered and the 65 was up in the air.Looks like you have fun with them.

Pollack Pete

Vinylguy

Brings back memories for me.

We had a 55Buick Special 4 door hardtop when I was a kid. Dad still says it was the best car he ever had.

My sister had a 65 skylark three on the tree six tan colored 2 door sedan. I drove it quite a bit.

yardLF.jpg

Wish I could find the picture of my maroon 69 GS

great car.

yardLF.jpg