Sign in to follow this  
Stigian

Moving a Pallet

Stigian

Hi Guy's, I've just bought another Eaton hydro trans on Fleabay but the only trouble is it is in East Yorkshire!!

Do any of you fine chaps know of a decent but cheap company for getting a pallet from one end of the country to the other??

Ta muchly in advance :)

neil

Hi Ian Maybe you could get a price from this this company Jays Transport Commerce Way

Walrow Industrial Estate, Highbridge, Somerset

01278 783 222 Ive used them a few times and found them to be not too bad on costs maybe wirth giving them a call

Good Luck

Neil

meadowfield

I was going to bid for that and thought... hmmm better not! good job we didn't bid against each other...it's a lot closer to me - shame it's just a tad too far off my weekly drive to London.

Stigian

Thanks for that Neil, I will give em a bell in the morning to see what they can do..

Mark - You should of bid on it, I was only going for it if it stayed at the starting price.. Never expected to win it!!

Stigian

The pallet has landed :)

A tad over £53 in total which is less than it would cost in fuel to drive there and back!!

TSS734.jpg

neil

so who did you use Ian to courier your parcel ,

were Jays competetive ?

can whlvr

thats a fair price by the sounds of it,i had an 8 speed delivered by ups(in north america)1000miles across the border and it was 125 dollars,but the axle i needed was almost 400 from the dealer,and i needed the gear on the axle,80 dollars,3 pinions at 75 a peice,well you get the point,it was a whole lot cheaper to buy another rear end and have it shipped,

dgoyette

Look like you got a great deal on that. :thumbs2: Cool photo too!

Stigian

so who did you use Ian to courier your parcel ,

were Jays competetive ?

Hi Neil, I didn't give Jays a bell in the end. Thought I'd do a quick google while I was waiting for the kettle to boil in the shack (yes it is a bit slow) and came up with

http://www.collectmyparcel.com

It was nice to find a parcel/pallet place that does online quotes.