Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

New putor monitor

Kelly

Well we had a heck of a winter storm last night, even had thunder, 30mph winds and 10" of snow on top of a all day rain, well about 8pm we lost power, but it came back on about half power, I guess my monitor did not like that, I turned things off as fast as I could, but not fast enough I guess? my monitor would not power back up today, so I picked up a new 22" LED monitor, all I can say is WOW, LED is the way to go, and the step up from my 17" to the 22" is great, my old eyes can see the new site better, still getting used to the new features on the new site, but so far so good.

smoreau

I know what you mean about the new monitors! Just watch what you clean them with, they scratch easy.

Jeremy Watson

The snow must have really been flying when it was thundering. I have only seen that once and it was really cool. Hard to believe i only live about an hour from you and I had no rain and no snow. Enjoy the new monitor!

smoreau

The snow must have really been flying when it was thundering. I have only seen that once and it was really cool. Hard to believe i only live about an hour from you and I had no rain and no snow. Enjoy the new monitor!

I was plowing snow last year around 3:30 am on the big storm last year and the lightning was about every 10 seconds for about 30 min. with a continues thunder, Very cool, but a real pain to plow in with all the flashes and loud thunder. Never saw anything like it before that often.

Kelly

You didn't get any rain or snow?? heck the snow is so heavy it downed full size trees, not mine but close by.

Ken B

I'm sorry too hear you had to splurge for a new monitor Kelly. But, rain on top of snow really sucks!

For the record, I'll be the first to say something bad about your 857. It is bad, very bad in fact, as in BAADDDDD AAAAAZZZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

I love that 857 of yours, you really nailed the look on it like you always do.

nylyon

Suggestion for everyone with a desktop computer. Get yourself a UPS, an inexpensive UPS would work better than no UPS, a surge protector DOESN'T WORK. The way that a UPS works is the power comes in to charge the batteries, then the output is inverted from the batteries. In theory, your computer (and monitor) would never get unfiltered power and it would be highly unlikely to suffer from power fluctuations. You can pick-up a UPS on sale for $50 or less, which is far cheaper than a new computer, unless of course you need a new computer, then you can get the UPS with the new computer