Sign in to follow this  
rmaynard

News about Stevasuarus

rmaynard

I just talked to Steve's wife Kris, and yesterday Steve was trimming a tree and fell from a 12 foot ladder. He is in the hospital with a broken wrist and a fractured hip. I will try to keep you updated if I hear anything more, but if you would like to send him well wishes, here is the information on his hospital.

Steven Hilleshiem

Sherman Hospital

Randall Rd. Elgin, IL 60123

4th floor, room 1114

224-783-4114

nylyon

Thank you for the update, if anyone speaks with Steve please send him our best.

dclarke

Thanks for letting us know Bob.

JimD

Thanks for posting this Bob.

Martin

thanks for the info, bob.

steve, get well soon mate!!!!

Brrly1

Well I just talked with Steve. He seems to be doing fine. It sounds like he might be in the hospital a few days. He broke (fractured) his left wrist and also fractured his right hip in a couple different places not good at all. Seems to be resting comfortably with pain meds. The phone # at the hospital is 847-742-9800 Room 1114, 4th floor you will need to know this because they will ask. Thats all I know for now.

tunahead72

Man, that stinks for Steve! Bob and John, thanks for letting us all know, and please keep us posted.

Steve is one of the very first RedSquare people I ever met in person, at this summer's national WH show. I'd been wondering who this legendary Stevasaurus character was, and now I know. He walked me around the sights, introduced me to a bunch of fun people, basically made me feel completely comfortable right from the start.

Steve, hope you're feeling better soon, but take your time and do it right, no need to hurry on our account.

Damn ladders! :dunno:

rmaynard

I too spoke with Steve this morning. As John said, he's on a lot of pain meds. I expect he'd like to have a drip of Rock 'n Rye if anyone can sneak it in. :wh:

The number that I gave in the first post is a direct dial to his room. Had no problem getting through on that one. Didn't have to go through a switchboard or nurses station. If it's busy, just call back later. He's probably talking someone through a transmission rebuild. :dunno:

racinfool40

Thanks for letting us know Bob!!!Tried to reach him on skype yesterday!!!Get weel soon Steve!!!!

Raider12

When ever you get to read this Stevasuarus, I wanted to let you know you are in our prayers my friend.

Denver

Brrly1

I believe he is working on a laptop. That was part of the conversation that we had this morning. He could probably get Skype hooked up on it.

Sparky

Hope ya heal up quick Steve :dunno: .

Mike........

illinilefttackle

:dunno: Get well soon steve!-Thanks-Al

squonk

My neighbor did the exact same thing this summer. One minute he was up in a tree and the next he was on a sidewalk. And people wonder why I hire people to work on my roof!

Get whell soon you big lug! :dunno:

Suburban 550

Just got off the phone with Steve and he is in good spirits with alot of pain. He hopes to be out of the hospital by Thanksgiving and said there will be no operation on the hip, that it has to heal on it's own and it probably will be a while before he can put any weight on it due to where it is cracked. Keep him in your prayers and I know he will appreciate your cards and phone calls.

Coadster32

Get well Steve!! :dunno:

Kelly

Steve heal up soon, but don't over do it.

Rollerman

Steve hopeing you have a fast recovery & once your up for it...plenty of RS time.

HorseFixer

Well crap I Just tried callin his room!!!! :help: And thats the problem with those damn CIGAR STORE INDIANS they never answer their phone... :thanks: Maybe he was getting a sponge bath from the Nurse's :thanks: Yep that's what he was doing allright tryin to get another splicein partner! :dunno: Hmmmmm Thats the problem with those AT&T guys their

S M O O T H..... O P P E R A T O R S :party: Well Guess Ill Call him at 6:00 a.m when I get to work in the mornin, lemme see that will be 5:00 a.m. Illinois Time. :thanks: Yep that aught to do it! Ill teach him to answer his phone :wh:

~Duke

VinsRJ

Thanks for th e info Bob, I wish Steve well.

fabricator2009

Get well soon Steve. Don't over do it.

massey

Sorry to hear about your accident Steve, heal up quick.

MikesRJ

:dunno: Heal quickly my friend.

AMC RULES

God speed with your recovery Steve. :dunno:

buckrancher

hope you feel better soon

Brian