Sign in to follow this  
KyBlue

Scott's New Truck

KyBlue

The other Carfax thread is getting a bit long...so I thought I'd start a new thread.

Heres My new ride..Dubbed Eeyore by the guys in my Truck Club to go along with my Monster Tigger Truck and Hunny Bunny the Rabbit eh Rabbit.

Its pretty much the opposite of Karls ride, its just a simple XL work truck, BUT im not cutting up a ltd production vehicle or anything like that (looked at a harley Edition) And I love to tinker so adding Power Windows and Locks - cab lights, and swapping out the mirrors is just all simple stuff.

IMG_4901.jpg

IMG_4902.jpg

IMG_4906.jpg

IMG_4907.jpg

IMG_4910.jpg

Cant decide what to mod first

nylyon

What year is that? It looks super clean and the engine looks like you could eat off it!

KyBlue

Its a 2004 with only 55,000 miles on it. Its a One owner truck he used it mostly around town cruising, never pulled anything other than a small 16ft utility trailer. He was a Older gent, bought a new 08 F150 - traded this one in. Im glad to give it a good home.

T-Mo

Scott,

Nice looking truck. I can imagine you might have been the recipient of the older guy trading down to unburden himself from the price of diesel fuel. :whistle:

KyBlue

Probably. But I drive 7 miles to work 2x a week, my Main Reason for purchase, much like Karl, is I need it to pull a trailer.

While its not a camping trailer, it is almost as big and its heavy. I do bbq catering and vending at fairs and festivals. My Bronco doesnt like to pull it, too heavy, so time to upgrade. The cost of diesel is gonna hurt a bit but most of the time its really a good profit side business to have so its not going to hurt all that much, and Id rather have the longevity of a diesel..plus the stacks..Soo very cool!! Now If ford would only put a Cummins in a truck... I got a 79 F150 thats just beggin for a cummins...

I'll have to dig up a few pictures of my Bbq trailer..

Nick

Scott, That is a clean great looking truck. My ole 99 F250 XL didnt even get the split seat its a straight bench seat with no cruise and an AM/FM radio. :D

Looks like you might have the same small mirrors that my XL had when I got it. First thing I had to do was buy some of the larger extendable towing mirrors with the adjustable blind spot mirrors built into them. Looks like your truck did come with a reciever hitch so your all set to tow the BBQ rig. :whistle:

If ya really want a Ford with a cummins you have to get up into the F-650 size trucks. I think they have the option of a cummins or even a 300hp 800+ pounds of torque Cat engine. :WRS:

KyBlue

Cats droppin out of the On Hwy truck market, stickin to Dirt Movers.. Pretty sad IMO

Ive seen some kits to drop a 6bt Cummins into the 73-79 Trucks with only minimal cutting