Sign in to follow this  
boovuc

Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain, Rain....Rain, Rain, Rain..

boovuc

One solid week in the Lock Haven, State College, Williamsport areas it has rain at least a little and mostly a lot each and every day. This is after all the weeks of terrible flooding to our friends in and around Williamsport.

I mowed on Friday since it didn't rain after 12 noon on that day and now for the weekend, we have had all day rains! You can't do anything about the weather but it's hard to deal with after awhile! :thumbs2:

TT

Giant (but sparse) snowflakes at work this morning, mixed in with lots of rain, of course. :thumbs2:

The grounds crew was told last night to wait until at least 8AM today to show up (instead of 6:30), but the boss called them early this morning & told them to just stay at home.

Luckily for me, it doesn't rain/snow in my shop. :banghead:

can whlvr

its been pretty wet up here too,ive had to cut grass at night in the dark just to get her done :thumbs2:

Sparky

With all the recent rains, I wonder if anyone has seen the Farmers Almanac prediction for this coming winter? :banghead: What's it gonna do? :thumbs2:

http://www.farmersalmanac.com/weather/2010...e-wait-is-over/

I really hope its not anything close to what we got last year. My equipment is still recovering from last winters workout :banghead: !

Mike..........

CRE1992

I really hope its not anything close to what we got last year. My equipment is still recovering from last winters workout :thumbs2: !

Mike..........

I hope it is Mike,

I can't wait to move snow with my wheel horses for the first time!

I normally use either a JD 790 with front end loader, or a Massey Ferguson 50 with a rear plow.

-Charles

Coadster32

I hope it is Mike

X2 :thumbs2:

tbbahner

Hate to hear about all the flooding back East. That has to be a terrible thing to go through.

But, if you want to send some of that moisture out west, that would be great. Back here in Ks., its a drought, grass is dormant, crops aren't producing. Bro-in-law said his corn produced 9 bushels/acre. That's bad!.

Tom B

Shuboxlover

Bro-in-law said his corn produced 9 bushels/acre.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:thumbs2:

It's been since September 18th since we've had any rain, but they are calling for rain this Saturday/Sunday/Monday....

cross your fingers Tom that it reaches you, but too bad it's too late for the crops :banghead:

CasualObserver

Bro-in-law said his corn produced 9 bushels/acre. That's bad!.

Tom B

Tom, please tell me you typo'd that!

I mowed this weekend for the first time in a month, and that was just to knock down some of the taller grassy weeds. It's only rained like 1/4"-1/2"once here in about a month and a half. Gives the leaves a pretty season though.

wh79d160

We got a 1/2 inch 3 weeks ago right after I planted my wheat, oats & clover food plots & overseeded a broam patch. everything sprouted 4-5 days later. I've been dragging hundreds of feet of garden hose around ever sense w/4 sprinklers. I know my water bill is going to be $150.00 but I couldn't watch all my hard work & money dry up. Last Friday evening my neighbor across the road called & told me to turn the freakin water of for 20 min. he had no water pressure & wanted to take a shower. I apologized & turned the water off, for 5 min :thumbs2: just breifly though, he's a good friend. We have cracks in the ground that I, honestly, can put my foot in .

c175inMA

We got 8 inches today :thumbs2:

tbbahner

Nope, no typo! 9bu./acre. He does have crop insurance though. Said his beans are doing better.

Not much chance of rain anytime soon according to the forecast

Tom B