Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Michigan area meet and greet

HorseFixer

1 of them is a 1955 rj that I need help with. I took it to the show in pa. and Bill thought it my be a very early 1955. it has some thing that no one is sure about and I am hoping that there will be someone who would know more about the tractor.

Bill

Hey Bill can you post a picture of that bad boy in the pics section would like a gander at it! See you all Saturday! B)

Duke

Rollerman

Those were the nicest guys to do wheel horse business with.

Carl & Bob & Glenn. I still have their business card

Mike to be honest I don't remember the names...I do remember the owner though & know he passed the business onto his son when health reason determined that.

I don't think his son was that "into" it?

Probably bring the Pond Lever & a 58-RJ....to be determined?????

Let's just hope everything falls into place & I can make it. "crossing fingers smiley"

GlenPettit

Actually Bill got it from 'Fullers Lawn & Garden' in Lansing, Fuller was one of the original first Wheel Horse dealerships, the retired owner just made a snap decision to sell it, instant sale . . . you have to let Bill tell you this story, it'll make you drool (Bill is a retired Lansing Fireman, that may have helped too), be sure to ask him about it Saturday.

PS, I also have a transportable Weather Rock, that even tells you how much wind there is, I'll bring that Saturday.

Glen

Curmudgeon

Glen, did I understand you right? Is Fuller's not Fuller's anymore, or are we talking about something else being sold?

Teddy da Bear

He lost me too.

GlenPettit

Fullers is still in the family and same name, (same place, on West Saginaw, west Lansing)and they still have a bunch of old parts from the 50's and 60's, and will let you in to just look (with a lot of begging, but prices for them are not low), when they are not busy, they are real cooperative, it's a business and a tough one to make a good living now. They all do have a soft-spot for Wheel Horse (well, maybe not since Bill was there ?).

Glen

Teddy da Bear

The place Stephen and I were talking about was in elkhart indiana...not michigan.

I see rain again in the forcast for saturday. I think they are messin with my mind....grrrrrrr.

Like Stephen said.....scattered would not be bad. But steady rain would be a bummer.

Curmudgeon

Fullers is still in the family and same name, (same place, on West Saginaw, west Lansing)and they still have a bunch of old parts from the 50's and 60's, and will let you in to just look (with a lot of begging, but prices for them are not low), when they are not busy, they are real cooperative, it's a business and a tough one to make a good living now. They all do have a soft-spot for Wheel Horse (well, maybe not since Bill was there ?).

Glen

I only remember Judy from the first Michigan Meeting, long before Red Square.

She was a good person. Way too young... sigh............

Teamreddog

any one traveling threw flint with a trailer that can fit 2 WH. Myself and a friend want to come and bring our new to use toys but my trailer is on its way up north as we speak. I am still trying to find a second trailer but our machines would like to hitch a ride if one is available

Kelly

You don't have to bring tractors. You can come and enjoy the ones that will be here.

Teamreddog

Thanks Kelly. And very very well might attend even w.o our horses but both would like to brink them simply for the knowledge about them that will be there. I can do a lot better if I can see what someone tells me. Plus I have been waiting 35 years to get my first horse lol

Teddy da Bear

Woo Hoo! Reddog is coming!

I know it is a hard thing to swallow. But what about a U-haul?

I think they were about $35 per day for one of their 5 X 12 sided trailers.

(that is how I got my lo boy home from Detroit).

It is a way if you can swing it.

Teamreddog

That isnt a bad idea. I am still calling all my friends...seems I am the one they all call for a trailer lol

perry

im driving threw flint but leaving my trailer at home. just bringing one horse in the back of my pickup. my trailer axle is in need of some repair. just go rent a trailer. can't be much.

july 9th forcast:

Saturday: Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the low 70s. B)

well be allright. im sure it will change as the weekend gets closer.

Teddy da Bear

july 9th forcast:

Saturday: Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the upper 80s and lows in the low 70s.

Ummmmmm Perry? We are not meeting on the 9th. I am sure the 9th "was" nice.....but they are still forcasting rain late for the 12th (day of meet & greet). B)

Anyway......the black cloud of bad luck still hovers over me. I am having so much trouble with my SBM I am leaving it home......sigh..

I think I will just bring 2 tractors. Why tempt fate? If I don't show up.....assume the worst and the black cloud caught up with us again....lol

We will be the couple in the overturned explorer!

perry

july 9th - that was yesterdays forcast for saturday. as the weekend gets closer im sure it will change.

see it changed allready today. they dont have a clue :whistle:

their prediction for Saturday: Scattered thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 80s and lows in the mid 60s

rain,shine,snow,sleet,hail,typhoon,hurricane,tornado..........ill be there B)

Kelly

It's not looking so good guys :whistle: What do you think????? Go ahead and hope for the best? Perry I see is in, no mater what, All my tractors can get wet. We can hide in the barn, dirt floor and all, but out of the rain.

Or we can have a do over next weekend and hope for the best. Or even Sun. this weekend. I'm sure if you skipped church once you'd be OK.

Let me know what you all want to do? B) Kelly

Curmudgeon

Have it sunday when the weather report is better...... LOL

Teddy da Bear

I can switch to Sunday... But if you do...let each person know by email.

I think Dale is rooting for rain saturday....lol

But if your having it Saturday...I am coming. I have a 10 x 10 pop up tent. I have my hauler completely converted with sink, and cupboards. I can hide.

One of the gentleman, (illinilefttackle) "Alan" from Indiana said he was coming if he felt up to par....I told him he could use our trailer if he did not feel better after he came.

They are still calling for "scattered" showers and thunderstorms "late" Saturday afternoon and night. I would think that would mean even later for your area.

If you started at 9:00am and we did not get rain until say 2 or 3pm....that would still make a nice visit. Wouldn't it?

I personally would wait until at least noon tomarow (friday) to call it. Or later Friday if you think that is better. Hate to call it off and have the weather guy "change his mind" at the last minute.

I looked at the radar and cannot figure out how they will conjure these storms....lol There will be a little rain in my area tonight and that is it.

Bright and sunny on Friday.

Curmudgeon

Well, I'd root harder if I didn't already have other plans for sunday. :banana: And NO, she's not a blow up sheep!!!!!!!! B)

perry

:banana: And NO, she's not a blow up sheep!!!!!!!! :whistle:

B) you crack me up dale. :banghead:

the weather man dont know crap. B) . anyways, they are calling for scattered T-storms not a all day rain out. if a storm comes in it wont stay long. like kelly said we allways got the barn, our cars, or trailers for shelter.

saturday is my only open day so ill be there 8am. B)

besides if it rains we could allways get the women out there to mud wrestle B) .......... :horseplay:

just lets us know friday if you decide to cancel. post it on the board and emails.

perry

then again, the way kelly has been getting hit with storms this year :whistle: , you never know B)

Teddy da Bear

so ill be there 8am
But Perry, Kelly said he pushed the start time back to 9:00am. He wanted that extra hour to do something. But I am sure he will be flexible.

then again, the way kelly has been getting hit with storms this year ohmy.gif , you never know
Yeah......hate to feel the wrath of one of Kelly's storms.

Kelly

I'm still rootin for sat. we, my wife, kids and I have been setting up all week for this. I will have it unless tomarrow they say it will be bad, As I said my tractors can get wet, I just rinsed the dust off most of them from setting it the dirty barn.

And Perry not sure my wife would go for mud wrestling??

perry

i did not see the 9:00 am time change. B) is that the official time you want the herd to start showing up ?.

kelly just needs that extra hour to sleep in :whistle: . i was planning on leaving here at around 6AM.

guess ill have time to stop for breakfast. any resturant suggestions off I-69 between flint and lansing ?.