Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Michigan area meet and greet

Kelly

Ok guys, things have calmed down after the storms we had, and now I have a little time to get this planned,

I'm planning on having the RS Michigan meeting at my house in Olivet MI. July 12th it's a sat. I will be ready for people at 8:00am till the last person goes home.

If you want to bring a tractor or two or three, that is fine, I have parking for trucks and trailers, if not at my house, the neighbors.

As I said before I will supply hamburgers and hot dogs, and probably chips, and a jug of Icetea.

Things you will need to bring;

chair/s

your own drink ( icetea won't last all day) your favorite cup

If coming for lunch, a dish to pass ( mac salad, potato salad, chips, dip, ect......) we will have plates and silverware

A cooler for your stuff you want cold

a tractor if you want

camera (allways need pic's to post)

a smile and a good aditude

NO alcohol, I drink, but this is not a party, and everyone is going to be driving home, so no drinking, If you stop by some other time, I might drink a beer with you, but not at this get together, Sorry

Wives and kids are welcome, my wife will be here, and my girl 12 1/2 and my youngest boy 8

If it rains, I'd like to make it the next weekend, if we know ahead of time, if it just starts raining we can go in the barn, I will have it some what emptied ( tractors moved out for viewing)

I'm sure I still missed something, if you think of something I missed, let me know.

I'd like to make this event, every year.

I need a head count, even if your not sure, let me know.

Post how many will be coming with you, and if you plan to bring tractors.

Any questions Please ask, don't wait till the last min.

I'm very easy to find only 1 mile off the hwy (I-69 exit 57) I will put up sign's so you can follow to my house, ( and maybe a few curious others) Map quest does not know my address, I will post directions later, but very easy to find.

I will do this even if just one person shows up, I hope a few so we can tell others what a good time we had.

I will be on vac. over the next week after the show, I will check in when I return.

Kelly

T-Mo

Kelly,

Sounds like a good plan. I wish Michigan was closer to my area, but alas, it's not. I hope you guys pull this off and you have a nice, sunny, but not too hot, day for this. :whistle:

perry

im marking this on my calender :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

My wife and I will be honored to be there.

We hope to bring a 17ft. enclosed trailer and maybe 2 wheel horses.

If you want to make out a menu for the lunch we will try to fill in what you need. I don't think it would not be good if 15 guests brought 15 bags of chips to pass at your event. (been to those kind of family reunions with potato salad) :D

Maybe we could make a potato dish like American Fries?

Just let us know what you think Kelly.

A cooler for your stuff you want cold.

a tractor if you want

camera (allways need pic's to post)

Your going to provide a complimentary tractor? :whistle:

You might want to re-phrase that....some of the guys might

take you up on that.... :D

And if you REALLY meant that....I would like mine to be a 1979 D-250 with loader and back hoe.. :WRS:

Rollerman

Sounds like a good plan Kelly....I'll check with work & see if I can have that weekend. :D

I'm no cook & would bring something store bought....maybe some "Death by Chocolate" for desert? :WRS:

I'd bring my son along....but I see you mentioned a good attitude. :whistle: ...guess I'll leave him home & bring tractors instead.

perry

Your going to provide a complimentary tractor? :whistle:

You might want to re-phrase that....some of the guys might

take you up on that.... :D

:

Kelly

No free tractors...... That is in the list of things to bring with you. not that you are getting, your bringing me a tractor!!!! LOL just kiding.

Stephen your son is more than welcome, even with a teenage attitude.

Store bought food is good, might get eaten that way, if you can't cook.

Rollerman

No free tractors...... That is in the list of things to bring with you. not that you are getting, your bringing me a tractor!!!! LOL just kiding.

Stephen your son is more than welcome, even with a teenage attitude.

Store bought food is good, might get eaten that way, if you can't cook.

:whistle: I guess I'm looking at this or going about it the wrong way...if I do cook there will be lot's of free tractors for me from all that ate if I wait.... :WRS:

Jim_M

No offense guys, but I'm hoping it rains that day so it gets moved back a week. I just found out that I'll be out of town on the 12th and I can't get out of it. :whistle:

Maybe I can have a get together out at the farm this fall if I have to miss this one.

perry

if rained out, sounds like it would be the following weekend jim.

Teddy da Bear

Just a thought... Wonder if you should contact those who said they were coming to the event in the original post? See if they still feel the same way.

perry

No free tractors...... That is in the list of things to bring with you.

awww come on kelly.

what about the yellow raider :whistle:

Curmudgeon

Maybe next time... :whistle:

Rollerman

I put in my time off slip for that date...if it's a rain out I probably won't make it the following weekend & no one gets to eat my cooking. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

if it's a rain out I probably won't make it the following weekend & no one gets to eat my cooking. whtractor/whistling2.gif

Tick I do not know what you want us to be.....happy or sad? :whistle:

And remember. Kelly said the event will be delayed (moved to the following saturday) if rain is "predicted" ahead of time. If there is unpredicted rain.....the event will still go on as planned with shelter available in his barn.

But that is Kelly's call.... :WRS:

Kelly

I will be gone till next weekend, after the show.

I will check back then, I hope more sign up, If not there loss.

Rollerman

Tick I do not know what you want us to be.....happy or sad?

Mike my comment was ment in humore...I know it's not that easy to interperate in text. :D

Beleive me...if I offer to cook dogs even run. :whistle:

As far as a rain out..I have put in for the 12th off & "if" I get it ahead of time & it rains that day I won't have the following week off to attend...just the nature of my job.

So will hope for the best then. :WRS:

nylyon

To help out, I created a new area for you.

GlenPettit

Hey Kelly:

I'll be there. Anything I can help with or bring?

Glen

wse100

Kelly,

That is very generous... I really wish I could come. I will be gone for work two weeks in Souther IN. I really would like to see some of kelly's treasures-- :WRS: He has a garage full! :whistle: :D

Teddy da Bear

Mike my comment was ment in humor

My comment was meant with humor too...(guess you had to be there)....lol

Oh wait...you were! :whistle:

It sounds like 5 or 10 people so far...not sure about spouse numbers.

Just remember Kelly....the folks out in Pennsylvania had about the same start.

WheelHorse_of_course

I hope that those of us who bring you tractors don't need to bring food as well :whistle:

Sadly I'll be out of state on vacation so can't make.

In what part of MI are you located? We get to Ann Arbor at least once a year.

HorseFixer

Okay looks like the HorseFixer the HorseFixtress and our Granddaughter Henny will be making the trip. Its 106 miles from Niles and about a 2 hour trip So we will be leaving at 6:00 a.m. and will see you at 8:00 will be bringing my 56 RJ-35 and my RJ-58 and maybe a Lawn Skiff for the Granddaughter. As usual will take plenty of picks (you guys know me)! :whistle:

Kelly If you need some help on the grill thats not a problem.... I have a recipie for pork steaks that makes a BULL DOG break its chain and would bring my SS Grill in the Horse Hauler. If you would like to upgrade this lemme know, Burgs and Dogs are cool also. Anyway we will be there and looking forward to it!

Duke & MJ & Henny

SousaKerry

I'll be there with my molested LT-1137 just not sure what time prolly bring the boy (4, he loves that big sandbox) along also.

Kerry in Jackson

Kelly

Ok guys, I'm home after 12 hours of driving from D.C. and miles of walking around the capitol, riding the subway and city buses, for 4 days, But that is a whole other story.

I will, this weekend start getting a list of people, tractors and food, of the people coming.

This is in two weeks, I will post directions, and any other info.

Duke I think we are sticking to bugers and dogs, this year, but thanks.