Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

Michigan area meet and greet

BPjunk

Ok guys, I'm home after 12 hours of driving from D.C. and miles of walking around the capitol, riding the subway and city buses, for 4 days, But that is a whole other story.

I will, this weekend start getting a list of people, tractors and food, of the people coming.

This is in two weeks, I will post directions, and any other info.

Duke I think we are sticking to bugers and dogs, this year, but thanks.

Kelly,

When ya' wus in Washington ya' were 1-1/2 hours from my house! :WRS: Ya' shoulda' stopped by. :whistle:

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

HorseFixer

Duke I think we are sticking to bugers and dogs, this year, but thanks.

Not a problem mate! :whistle:

Duke

Teddy da Bear

Anyone coming to next week's Meet & Greet at Kelly's place.

I was wondering if anyone had a headlight lens for my 1972 Raider 10.

I am not looking for the typical "white horse" logo.

The correct one I believe is the "sliver" horse logo (at least that is the one that was on it). It also has a 3-d sculptured look as opposed to the one dimensional white horse logo that can be typically found.

Thanks to all

Attached Image

post-59-1215213971.jpg

HorseFixer

Mike dont have one of those B) but was wondering what is the updated status of this meet and greet thingy, directions and so forth and how many are actually comming. Heard any info?

Duke

Whoever hung this on the front page thanks!!

Teddy da Bear

Likely won't know until Kelly comes back from the 4th vacation.

HorseFixer

Likely won't know until Kelly comes back from the 4th vacation.

Oh okay didnt know he was on anouther Vac... B) He Pmed me the other day asking what I was bringing and told him havent heard back since?? Will wait for his return! :whistle:

Duke

LFDRET

I am new on red square, and would lOve to come to this event.

I thinks my nephew and my brother might also be there, each with our tractors. and dishes to pass.

Thanks

Bill Dimondale MI

Teddy da Bear

All Right Bill & Friends!!!

The Meet & Greet will be in Olivette (spelling?) Michigan at Kelly's place.

There are back up plans if it rains so read all the posts from Kelly carefully.

I am sure he would be happy to have you join us at.....(dare I say?) Kelly's First Annual-Red Square Forum Meet & Greet- Michigan Chapter...lol Ok...can't speak for the "annual" part....only Kelly can announce that...lol

Find one of Kelly's posts here.... choose the "email" button (bottom of individual post) and email him directly about your plans. He is trying to get a handle on who is coming, how many and what they should bring.

As far as directions to the event.. We are awaiting those. Look here often for updates. All I need is an address and my GPS will take me there....lol

And....last but not least! Welcome to the Forum! And get your friends to join too!

Kelly

You guys can try your GPS units, here is my address;

4980 Matthews rd.

Olivet, MI. 49076

Let me know if it works.

Teddy da Bear

Works with my GPS.

Curmudgeon

I am sure he would be happy to have you join us at.....(dare I say?) Kelly's First Annual-Red Square Forum Meet & Greet- Michigan Chapter...lol Ok...can't speak for the "annual" part....only Kelly can announce that...lol

Have to be careful of that "annual" stuff, look what happened in Arendtsville!

I once had a 4th of July party, six people in all. Before long it was well over 100 people. People, food, everywhere. Porta potty, outside sink setup. Fireworks. Oh yeah, that was the single most expensive part getting into the 4 digit bracket!!!

Just a warning to Kelly what he might be in for, and here's to hoping he is!

Kelly

I'm aware of what can come of this, and kinda hope it does, this year was a mess with the storms and all. so planning has been put back a little, need to deal with the other stuff first, but so far all is good, I'll let you know next sun. if it is going to be again, next year.

HorseFixer

You guys can try your GPS units, here is my address;

4980 Matthews rd.

Olivet, MI. 49076

Let me know if it works.

Works on mine Kelly, will keep an eYe peeled on the weather will you be making a last minute anouncement by looking at the weather Friday evening? B)

Duke

Kelly

Fri buy lunch I will anounce if the weather is going to be good or bad. so far looks good but this is MI. wait a hour it will change.

Curmudgeon

Next sunday, no it won't be. Give it a couple weeks, and the answer will be yes.

As I said, been there, done that. LOL

Nick

Just for fun I tried that address on Yahoo maps. Might be something I did but it said it couldnt find 4980 but it did show 5000 Matthews road. . :whistle:

Also thought I would mention that I'm going sometime this week on a poaching raid up West of your way for a tractor my brother bought. I would say more but it might end up as parts for his non-WH project. B) Good thing is I might end up with what is left. B)

LFDRET

Kelly

Hi

I replyed to you Fri. and siad that I am going to be there and my nephew and brother. I just talked to my nephew and he is planning to be there with his wife and 2 boy (baby & toddler) my brother is not sure yet. we are planing on bringing about 4 tractors 1 of them is a 1955 rj that I need help with. I took it to the show in pa. and Bill thought it my be a very early 1955. it has some thing that no one is sure about and I am hoping that there will be someone who would know more about the tractor. anyway could you e-mail me or call me if it is alright to come and what to bring sat. also need derections from Dimondale

thanks

Bill

Teddy da Bear

That tractor sounds interesting Bill.

Be nice to have a little project at the meet & greet. I think that is part of what it should be about. Helping other's with a little guidance. But don't expect too much from me.. I am not as wheel horse savvy as others are.

I would not mind getting a little guidance myself, but I am not going to bring my worst cases.

Give Kelly an email..... He will likely see it and discuss your questions sooner.

Allthough I thought he had in an earlier post.

Hope to see you there Bill.

And using the address that Kelly provided above and using Mapquest will get you close to finding it. He is also planning on some signs to guide you in to his place.

perry

Just for fun I tried that address on Yahoo maps. Might be something I did but it said it couldnt find 4980 but it did show 5000 Matthews road.

yep i can vouche for that. the maps are kinda screwy. its actually really easy to get to once you get off the HWY. but if you dont pay attention you will pass it like i did B) .

i was staring on the wrong side of the road at the cattle barns.

i think if kelly puts up sign's we'll be allright. :whistle:

Teddy da Bear

I finally see a long range forcast. (you know they cannot predict beyond two days anyway). They forcast storms Saturday afternoon, night & Sunday for my area (I am west of Kelly. What I get, they usually get.

But it also said it is going to be hot! 90 both Friday & Saturday.

Kelly

I seen that now also, I will wait till closer to see what is going to happen, rain wise

GlenPettit

I've got the best weather indicator in my front yard, it's a big old rock, 'same one the local Indians used':

Teddy da Bear

That sounds like the tractor that used to be in the window at County Wide Wheel Horse in Elkhart Indiana.

Sounds like the kind of tractor that is a "look and don't touch" tractor.

I wonder if we will get those signs like at the shows....lol :whistle:

Hey! Where can I get one of those rock? Does it have to come from an Indian??? B)

Rollerman

Mike that one in the window at County Wide was a 551.....& had been restored "kinda" in the late 70ies.

Off topic but it's to bad the owner of County Wide threw in the towl...I can remember going to the old store "Highway 19 Wheel Horse" to get parts with dad...Of course that sat right where the SR 19 & US 20 intersect south of Elkhart & was bulldozed & the new store put up on Mishawaka Rd.

Hope the weather cooperates too....I don't even mind light or scattered....constant rain would be bad though.

I also am really hopeing Joel & Ken make it up too! B)

Teddy da Bear

Those were the nicest guys to do wheel horse business with.

Carl & Bob & Glenn. I still have their business card.

Anytime I needed something I would drive there from Niles. Bought my B-80 & B-100 from them.

On another note: I am wondering why we have so many "Michigan Meet & Greet topics...lol I know why we have a couple. But where did the others start?

What are you bringing to the M & G Stephen?

I am trying to decide what will fit in my trailer. B)