Sign in to follow this  
dennist

Any idea why replys are missing?

dennist

I have just noticed-There are replys on posts that were made and they are now missing? Why would that happen? There was nothing neg. written in the replys-They just disappeared. Does this normaly happen and I just noticed it?

Sparky

PM sent.

Mike......

rmaynard

Fill us in on the details. What was the title of the thread and who's posts are now missing? :thumbs2:

dennist

Fill us in on the details. What was the title of the thread and who's posts are now missing? :thumbs2:

Sparky filled me in-And it was in my FS ad.

"The Admin and Moderating team can remove any unwanted post for reasons like vulgar language, sexual tones, rude or demeaning comments, etc... We also remove posts from the classified area as the classifieds are for classified comments or questions only. Comments like "good looking tractor" are usually deleted as are "I wish I was closer" comments. We do this to try to stop the classified section from becoming a discussion area. Discussions should be in the tractor sections. It keeps the classified section much cleaner.

Mike....."

Duff

Makes sense to me! :thumbs2:

Duff :banghead:

Coadster32

Just when you think the admins and mods aren't really doing anything..(but getting first crack at all the good stuff for sale) :thumbs2:

I couldn't imaging taking on the task of sifting thru each and every post to keep things in order. Makes perfect sense to pull posts here and there, keeping things clean, taking out some of the jabs, etc. Alot of work to monitor the entire site. Great job guys!! :banghead:

rmaynard

I recall a FS ad about a year ago where the seller inserted the following:

"In the interest of keeping the thread on track, (as stated in the "Classified Posting rules" above) I already know it's nice, and unless you know a genie in a lamp, wishing it was closer isn't going to work"

mr.pipes

Comments such as "wish you/or I were closer" used to drive me nuts. Some people might be perfect but not me and I'm a little anal about some things. Some members would post a comment like that to see if maybe there was a chance the seller was traveling there way or someone else was which I can understand.

But commenting on how nice something is? Really? Most members who viewed the ad are thinking the same thing but posting it clutters the ad and doesn't help the seller in anyway.

Nothing is worse than the occasional j@*#@$$ who comments on a high price or where you might find a better price :thumbs2: