Sign in to follow this  
dennist

PayPal-Hate The Fees, But......

dennist

I really dislike the cost of using PayPal, but when you have an issue with an item not showing up that you paid for and you get zero response from the seller- PayPal is on your side! Make a call, talk to a real person that speaks English, and get results...Now that is customer service-Even if the merchant has no customer service.

I find myself getting very Angry when I purchase items and hear-"It will be sent out Tomorrow if you pay today!" You trust the person and pay so they get what they need, but you come home each day to nothing in the mail and no response-Not even, hey having difficult time it will have to ship out next Friday, which I would understand-But nothing at all is just difficult to swallow.

When you buy stuff, it should be a simple process, pay for the goods and then receive the goods it should not become a large hassle, lasting weeks. I will use PayPal more often in the future, as sometimes it is better to have the piece of mind over the couple dollars you save yourself or the merchant.

PS-Be careful when the merchant asks you to pay with the GIFT option, as that makes it more difficult to get the refund, although sometimes they will make an exception (thankfully-as that is what happened in my case).

Enjoy your day- I know I will now. :thumbs2:

stevasaurus

Very good advise. :thumbs2:

Rooster

It is also good practice when accepting paypal to list or note that the buyer must pay the fees.

I have sold a few $5-$10 items and ended up eating the fee!

If you purchase something, it is just good manners to pay the fee unless the seller ONLY excepts Paypal, then I always ask them to pay the fee!

rmaynard

I have used PayPal since they began and were not associated with eBay. I hate their fees also, but if you have a credit card machine and only do one or two transactions per month, it costs even more.

I use the "gift" option when I am dealing with someone that I know. It saves 2.9%. However, if I am doing a transaction on eBay with someone that I don't know, the 2.9% fee is well worth it if you have a problem and need to get PayPal's help.

Horse Fanatic

I guess I've been lucky, I've purchased hundreds of items on ebay and never had a problem that wasn't easily resolved with the seller.

dennist

I guess I've been lucky, I've purchased hundreds of items on ebay and never had a problem that wasn't easily resolved with the seller.

I have never had a problem with an E-bay purchase either- it is in their best interest to reply to any concerns.

dgoyette

Glad to hear that Dennis and good advice. Sometimes you don't know who you are dealing with until it's too late!

AMC RULES

Just because the voice on the other end of the line is speaking good english, don't be fooled into thinking they're in this country. :thumbs2:

Kelly

I use Paypal all the time, buying and selling, if I'm selling I ask the buyer to help with the fees, most times it's not a problem, when you sell alot like I do, the fees add up, remember the fee is on the total with shipping cost, not just the buying price, I have from time to time had a issue getting something shipped as fast as I would like but try to keep on top of it.

Jim_M

I don't think his problem was with an eBay purchase. I'm pretty sure it was a private sale, and I'll remember the sellers name for future reference.

dennist

I don't think his problem was with an eBay purchase. I'm pretty sure it was a private sale, and I'll remember the sellers name for future reference.

BINGO!

mr.pipes

Hi Dennis,

Sorry you had a problem with a seller. But it's great to hear pay-pal was on your side and it was resolved to your satisfaction. You must be happy you didn't pay with a money order and $80 shipping. Thanks for the info

rmaynard

You must be happy you didn't pay with a money order and $80 shipping.

Interesting that you said that. eBay used to have a policy that they enforced rigorously. That was if the shipping costs were ridiculously high, the seller would be warned and if the price was not reduced to a reasonable amount, the auction would be cancelled. Now, eBay collects a fee on shipping, so they don't enforce that policy any longer. :thumbs2:

Kelly

Now the shipping cost of $80 is about right, with reg. mail, but as I said in the other thread Large flat rate box X2 at $15 each up to 70lbs each box.