Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Wedding Anniversary

mowerman1193

Yesterday was my 18th wedding anniversary ( yes 9-11-1993) . Since the 2001 attacks its been a sad time of the year as well as a happy time. I feel guilty a lot of times and have never mentioned much that it is my anniversary because I am very blessed on this date while the rest of the USA its a very sad day. I feel so blessed to have a great wife and family not just on this date but on every date.

Anyway, I been doing some woodworking again and made a few small things to get warmed up after not sawing all summer. Here is what I used to get warmed up and one of the four I made is a gift for my wife for our anniversary.

Some of the newer people here may not know so just for your information all my woodworking is all cut out by hand. Maybe it should be called wood art rather than wood working.

This piece is cut out of a piece of 1/8" x 11" x 14" oak plywood.

leopard.jpg

This is my daughters gift to us, just a little story about her is she wants to grow up to be a writer. Man does she write some good stories too and we are sure she will be able to publish some of her stories once she gets them finished. Last year she published a small column in the local news paper each week. She was only 11 years old when she did that. She is 12 now and almost 13.

Notice this poems first letter of each verse says my wife's name and my name. I don't know how she does it, I have a hard time just writing a sentence sometimes, LOL

Poem.jpg

Also, I have some left over Wheel Horse keychains, key racks, and one of the little desk clocks left in my store ( link in my signature ) I need these gone. Watch the classifieds for special offers as they are starting to cost me money to have them listed.

Thanks,

Kevin

Coadster32

Amazing work....as usual. :thumbs2:

Happy anniversary.

Gene_S

Kevin that's just amazing the work you do!!!

Happy anniversary to you two!!!

HorseFixer

Kevin, Fine craftsmanship! :thumbs2:

And Happy Anniversary! :banghead:

71_Bronco

Happy Anniversary!

Not to steal any of your fire, but today was my parents Anniversary. They were wed 9/12/1981. Celebrated the big 30 today!

AMC RULES

You both do really nice work. :thumbs2: A gifted family for sure. :banghead:

HorseFixer

Happy Anniversary!

Not to steal any of your fire, but today was my parents Anniversary. They were wed 9/12/1981. Celebrated the big 30 today!

Ditto :banghead:

MJ and I have our 30th next year! :thumbs: where has the time gone? :thumbs2: As the Kenny Chesney

Song goes... Dont Blink 100 years goes faster than you think. :thumbs: Kevin gonna hafta have ya make

me up something for MJ. 30 years putting up with my chit aughta get her some kinda award or sumptin. :banghead::D :thanks:

mowerman1193

Thanks everyone for the happy wish's and also the nice comments about my woodworking and for the comments on my daughters writing.

71 Bronco, Congrats to your parents

Duke, Congrats to almost 30 years, that is great! Let me know as I aughta be able to come up wit sumptin, LOL..

Thanks again everyone,

Kevin