Sign in to follow this  
btrrg1969

give me your input

btrrg1969

I am looking to get a lawn sweeper , please chime in and tell me if you think they work well enough to buy one and what brand . I have a 42"RD on my 314. :thumbs2:

horse junkie

I have an old parker and it works good with grass clippings and leaves, though I don't use it as much as I thought I would if you were closer I probably would sell it to you

stevebo

Good if you have the rd deck like you do.

Buzz

I towed a Parker behind my Lawn Ranger for years. Not ideal but it sure beat raking........ One drawback is they are fairly large and take as much, or more, storage room than a tractor.

WheelHorse_of_course

I have a sweeper (for the life of me I can't recall the brand, but it is a relatively cheep one) I bought used.

Storage is indeed an issue.

I wish I had a RD deck, but most of the time I leave the clippings on the lawn anyway. If it is too tall for that I have to make a second pass with the sweeper and that deals with it.

I find it really useful for leaves. The only downside is that with leaves it works best at fairly high speeds. It is sort of crazy fun - it pays to take the deck off so you don't damage it (been there done that).

My neighbor has a large (1/2 acre) back yard and last year I rakes up his leaves a few times. He was thrilled.

Definitely a nice tool to have.

:thumbs2: :banghead:

btrrg1969

Thanks for the info :thumbs2:

mr.pipes

417carb420015.jpg

My mowing tractor has a SD and power-flow bagger. Then I have this Parker sweeper that I use for leaves in the fall. I didn't want to spend $750 for a new one so I had to looked around for a while to find a used one. Parkers are well built as far as lawn sweepers go and parts are available.

I borrowed a friends beat up craftsman sweeper a couple years ago in the fall to pick up the leaves. I wanted one for myself after that. They beat the heck out of the backpack blower and raking.

btrrg1969

Picked up a 2 year old 42" craftsman for $100 bucks , I think its really a Brinly . It does a good job on even ground , well work the money. It sweeps so good I have to go in 1st or it will throw the leaves over the basket .