Sign in to follow this  
midnight rambler

possible maxx nunn tractor for sale

jbumgarner

I am somewhat new to RS and knew you all were a great group of guys. As I read through this post and looked at the links to Max's story I had tears in my eyes. I live in NC and have no way to get to these shows and support you all in this, but I was hoping there may be something us southern guys could do to help support the cause. I am getting off to look into St. Bradricks and will make a donation later, but I would like to do more. I have two small children and my heart goes out to everyone that was touched by this wonderful little boy.

stevasaurus

Not sure if Karl wants to do this, but the members that want to help out with donations, may be able to do that through PayPal right here on the sight. Have to see what Karl thinks about that first though. :D :woohoo:

nylyon

Any donations sent to the donate page with the note that it goes to Max will be sent to St. Baldrick's but you can do so directly as well. Tom mentioned setting up a page on St. Baldrick's site where we can join and make donations. Tom, if you can do that I will put a link on the forum's main page!

71_Bronco

No offense NyLyon, but I would rather donate through here and then have a big lump sum check sent to the hospital from Red-Square. If we donate through the hospital site, then it is just another donation.

What you could do, is set up a second paypal link on the home page that just goes into an account, and when the time comes, empty the account into a check and send it off.

Just an idea.

tomnunn

Hello Karl, if you go to the following link and click participate you will be able to make a REDSQUARE profile that members here can donate directly to on a secure site and get recognition individually and it will all go towards Max's goal and will be used for research towards a cure. St. Baldrick's is not a hospital they are a foundation that funds direct to individual research teams that are trying to find the cause/cure for all types of pediatric cancers. We usually set these pages up but would need your email and personal info but you being the admin of such a large site you will easily handle setting the page up in a matter of minutes and will have a live link right away.

http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/teamid/68230

nylyon

Ok, I'll get it setup.

71_Bronco

My mistake Tom, I was under the impression that St Baldricks was a hospital, not a foundation. My apologies.

Rideawaysenior

It has already been said many times already, but I wish to comment again.

This group is the most amazing group of people I have ever met. I can speak through my own personal experience.

I'm welling up at the support that this group offers people in need many of whom are complete strangers to them.

I am honored to be a member of such a group. I am humbled at how this group came to the aid of my family last year. I'm proud of what this group stands for, and I feel very fortuante to be a part of it all.

Jack

HorseFixer

That's Fantastic! :woohoo: I love happy endings. :ROTF: WAIT this is not the end.... :P but rather the beginning of a new chapter.. :D Maxx your legacy will live on! :D

Cheers ~Duke

:D

JimD

Darn it, I've got something in my eye. You guys are the real deal.

• Heart 1

Operator

I would think keeping PayPal out of it is better, no need for them to make money off a situation like that. Just my thought here and nothing against PayPal.

As the tractor "tours" around how about a story board to be set up telling about Max and the fight, and donation information.

rmaynard

I would think keeping PayPal out of it is better, no need for them to make money off a situation like that. Just my thought here and nothing against PayPal.

You can make a payment through PayPal and designate it as "gift". There are no fees charged that way.

Operator
I would think keeping PayPal out of it is better, no need for them to make money off a

whlpny

Everything went well and the tractor is headed to Tom's / Steves care tomorrow along with a small care package that they will attend to. See you all at Charlotte !!!!

IMG01811-20110804-1931.jpg

Sorry guys- I wanted to take a pic of it getting loaded but Tom and I had to push it up ramps- try having a 9 yr old take a still shot with a cell phone.... so we didnt get that but here it is ready for the trip tomorrow.

IMG01813-20110804-2041.jpg

• Like 1

nylyon

Fantastic. Thank you

midnight rambler

I also agree, looks good and thank you for picking him up, looking forward to meeting a bunch of new family members,

nylyon
16465_102284866465036_100000505696041_58333_949673_n.jpg

Horse'n Around

Thank you for posting this Karl ! Maxx sure touched a lot of hearts and hes still doing so.He sure touched mine. I cant help but tear up looking at his precious smiling face in this picture, God Bless you Maxx. People like Maxx make the world a better place.Even though I never met him, I just cant help but Love him . I hope and pray that we live to see the day that these brutal childhood diseases are gone forever and soon. children should never have to go thru what Maxx and other children like him do. My heart hurts so just thinking about his parents. I dont even want to think about what it would be like to lose my JJ at any age let alone at such a tender age. Sorry, Im just feeling emotional, I cant help it.

midnight rambler

Hi Karl great photo also, question, do your anybody you know have the ability to make 1000 good copies of this photo that would be a great way to raise money by selling them, or a free gift with a donation of say 5 or 10 $. Just a thought what does everybody else feel about that idea?

shorts

super mdeal, this is really hard for me to follow , it's close to home, I lost my kid sister to cancer and now i'm the estate trustee for her 6 young adult kids that keep throwing the sympathy card instead of realizing how lucky they really are to be healthy and well provided for.

Operator

:woohoo: Thank you Karl, for all you have done.

And a thank you to the rest also,

horsefeathers

Maxx Nunn's Legacy continues on Thanks Red Square!

Can't wait to see it at a show, great idea!

Maxx's tractor may be the most iconic Wheel Horse ever!

We can help fulfill this young man's dreams with his own tractor!

How sweet is that?

Maxx left us teary eyed and heart broke (you know who you are)but also ...

Left us his legacy!!! What we do with it is up to us!

Good things are gonna' happen... I can tell !

:woohoo: HORSEFEATHERS!

horsefeathers

Feast your eyes on the worlds 2 greatest icons!

Maxx and his Wheel Horse!

Thanks for the insperation Maxx!

midnight rambler

well thank you to the people who donated in charolette today and friday, it raised 137.15 which i think is pretty good for something that came together in a very short amount of time, everybody you did well and thanks again, i will be contacting karl to see if he wants to be the one who handles the proceeds, for those of you that were there you saw what max and the tractor meant to me for just meeting him 1 time, he was a great and brave little man, thank you again tomwh1971

nylyon

On our way back from a quick camping trip, I'll give you a call in the morning.