Sign in to follow this  
midnight rambler

possible maxx nunn tractor for sale

midnight rambler

for any one interested i was looking or craigslist under southwest mi and there is a 704 listed in morley mi that i believe used to belong to max nunn sale-fnfys-2494252138@craigslist.org this is the listing and if you look at the calender and compare the 2 photos it is his tractor, if it is still for sale and a true horse fanatic is interested here is the place to look, good luck every body, javascript:emoticon(':woohoo:')

dgoyette

Thanks for the info Tom...lots of strong feelings for Max's memory here.

midnight rambler

Thanks for the info Tom...lots of strong feelings for Max's memory here.

Hi darren, I went and met max at one of his benefits and would really love to add this to my collection but as of now im still waiting for a different tractor issue to be revolved and if it wasn't for that I myself would be on my way after it, good luck and hope its still there.

rmaynard

That's definately Maxx's tractor. I recognize the special front bumper.

nylyon

Max is always an exception here at RedSquare, would someone please post the Craigslist link for his tractor? I am having difficulties finding it.

Thanks,

Nevermind, found it:

http://grandrapids.craigslist.org/grd/2494252138.html

That does look like Max's

nylyon

It would be great to keep that in the RS family!

Brrly1

Just called Tom. He will post ASAP the Craigslist post. Standby time right now.Learning how to do this on mobile. Big fun. :wh

:woohoo:

kadetklapp

The ad has been deleted :woohoo:

Hopefully someone here got it.

tunahead72

I've only been a member of this group for a few months. Ever since I first started reading here I've seen references to Max Nunn, but never knew anything about who he was or why he was so important to so many people on this forum. And then I saw this thread and read Karl's links to Max' story, and now I know.

I have to say I was overwhelmed with how kind-hearted and generous you guys are, to share your thoughts and time with a great kid and his family who most of you never even met, it makes me proud to be a member here. I also hope that this tractor has ended up in the hands of a RedSquare member, someone who understands just how special Max was.

And to Max' family, I can only offer you my sincere condolences, and my hope that you'll continue to find the strength to work through this very difficult time in your life.

nylyon

The tractor's not sold.

I need someone to pick the tractor up in Morley, MI and possibly bring it to the Charlotte show on Friday or Saturday

I have to run out for now but will give more details on what I am thinking shortly....

Stay tuned.....

stevasaurus

I just had a conversation with Karl (NYLyon), and he was saying it would be nice to take the tractor to different shows, and collect donations in Max's behalf for the cancer organization. Not impossible, but will take some work to set up...kind of short notice for the Charlotte show. Max's dad pulled the ad on CL because I think he wants to be a part of this also...so the horse is still there and maybe we can come up with a plan. If anyone is willing to help in the Michigan area, get a hold of Karl or myself, and we will see what we can do. I know...short notice...but look what congress does in the eleventh hour. :D :woohoo:

squonk

I think Kelly is looking for a 704. This may be the one!

stevasaurus

Just so everyone knows...I think Morley is about 45 minutes north of Grande Rapids on RT3 131 and maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours form Charlotte coming back. Karl, let us know what you find out, I have not talked to, but I know Brrly1 is involved here. :D You got to love the membership . :woohoo:

kadetklapp

So the seller is Tom? That's good since I was afraid someone else had bought the tractor and was selling it unaware of it's history.

Sounds like a great plan is about to be put in motion!

stevasaurus

So the seller is Tom? That's good since I was afraid someone else had bought the tractor and was selling it unaware of it's history.

Sounds like a great plan is about to be put in motion!

Not sure which Tom you are talking about...TomWH1971 is not the buyer or seller at this point. I think that he is interested in the tractor though. Tom was also the name of Max's dad. I have talked to TomWH1971 after Karl, he seems willing to help with what ever we all work out...I do not want to speak for him or Karl or anybody else at this point. Seems like a lot of "ifs" here...the gears are turning...feel free to hop in and add to this or help out if you can. :woohoo:

Operator

Who can we think of that gets to a lot of shows? :woohoo:

stevasaurus

I know Randy...that would be me. :D Karl, Brrly, and Tomwh1971 and I all talked today...I can certainly help here...but we may need to pass it around here also. Like I take it to Sycamore in 2 weeks, LaSueur at the end of august...and maybe I can drop it at Scott's M&G in October. If Scott can store it over the winter...then it travels to Indiana, Michigan, Ohio shows next year...and I or one of us will take it to Penn next June...the East guys can pass it around there for a year...then maybe the west of the Mississippi guys can pass it around for a while. This could be huge for Red square and really a place that we have never been, but I maintain that this has always been family. I hate to be political :woohoo: and I will catch some road apples for this...but... YES WE CAN!!! :ROTF:

midnight rambler

I completely agree with you steve I no longer feel like I should have kept it a secret, I knew max was a very strong and sought after young very brave and stronger than many of us by going thru what he has been thru. I am happy for posting it on here and feel good about missing out on this priceless one of a kind tractor, I would though like one thing a photo with me and my son next to it, also I would help out, I wish I knew what was planned for saturday.

whfan74

You get it Steve and consider it stored for the winter and then we could take it around some and hand it off. I like where everyone is going with this. I have two small children and am thankful for their health every day!

Kelly

If it gets here to the MI show, I will promote it, no problem, I wish I had time I'd go pick it up, but I just can't do it, and I feel bad, but there is no way it is a solid 4 hour drive round trip.

whlpny

Get ready to promote Kelly- we are going to make it happen if possible!!

Brrly1

Awesome Bob, If you go and pick the tractor up I will help with the fuel. Let me know! John

71_Bronco

I just read the story in the linked forums. You guys really are something else. A true tight-knit family we have here, and I am proud to say I am now part of it.

I wish I could have done something when Max was still fightin the good fight. I would love to help promote against childhood cancer, I had a friend who lost a little sister to it, and it wasn't fun at all to say the least.

Unfortunately, due to financial issues and time constraints, I will not be able to make it to the show to show support.

Maybe if we did another donation thing and found a reputable charity to donate to, similar to what was done for Max. Just food for thought.

Either way, I hope this tractor ends up in good hands.

RIP Max, gone, but definitely not forgotten