Sign in to follow this  
midnight rambler

possible maxx nunn tractor for sale

Gene_S

Look how everyone works together... It's awesome!!!

Nothing but a great bunch of guys!!!

perry

Get ready to promote Kelly- we are going to make it happen if possible!!

:woohoo:

nylyon

Ok first and I mean this...... I love you guys, you are all the very best. Ok, Bob (whlpny) I sent you a PM with Tom Nunn's phone number. I will call Mr. Nunn tomorrow to expect a call from you. We're winging it, but it's going to work.

Any donations made will be sent to St. Baldrick's who helped Max and his family.

whlpny

Thanks John - but as I told Karl- I am covering this end. I just hope everyone can kick in and promote this to the fullest potential. Somone make some artwork posters or something to have with the tractor please! If all goes as planned the tractor will be at Charlotte around 4pm Friday for show set-up.

stevasaurus

this is incredible...but I knew we had it in us. :D Question:::am I bringing this back with me to Sycamore...LaSueur...scott's M&G. I need to have the room to bring it back, and I am putting my stuff together tomorrow afternoon...leaving around 4:00AM CST Friday morning. No problem...just need to know what the plan is. Did I say how much I love winging it?? :D:ROTF:

Just another thought...how about all donations get collected by one person who writes a check to Karl and he does the donations in the name of RS. That way it all comes and goes through one place. KISS :P (keep it simple stevasaurus) :woohoo:

whlpny

I have told Karl to let me know the plan also Steve- would be great to get it to some of the large shows yet. Portland In is one of the largest- I'm sure it would net some funds there also. It will all work out!

racinfool40

:woohoo: Simply Amazing!!! A great bunch of loyal and dedicated people..Hats of to you all!!! :D

shootinok

let the guys in the rest of the country know how we can assist...

Way to far to get to the show, but can make donations etc. for gas, printing materials, what ever...

stevasaurus

Kelly...are you going to be able to make up a couple of posters.?? :D

John in OK...keep an eye on this thread...you guys may get a chance to pass this around. :woohoo:

HorseFixer

That's fantastic! :D I couldnt get on here until now as I am at the show and today I pu a vigin wirless USB thumb deal. As I was reading this catching up I was gonna offer to PU around labor day weekend cause I hafta go PU the c-160 By Baldwin anyways and it would be on the way.. :D But see its getting PU for Charlotte By Bob Which is unbelievable! :woohoo: What a bunch of great guys! :ROTF:

Cheers ~Duke

nylyon

So there's details (important details) that need to be worked out but it's going to happen. The entire plan centers around getting Max's tractor which looks like it's going to happen. So for more of the plan.

As I posted in the poll, if you guys could bring Max's tractor to all the shows that you can, spread the story and gather donations. The donations will ultimately go to St. Baldricks, and I will get the details on that. As far as the funds, this can be handled one of several ways.

1. "Box" up the money collected and send it to me, I will deposit it into my bank account then write a single check to Baldrick. Of course this means sending (hopefully a considerable amount) through the mail.

2. Send that box directly to St. Baldrick

3. A member collect, deposit then send a check.

4. Other ideas (come on accountants, you must know this one?)

Second, we're getting the tractor to the first show, but it needs to be stored. Get it to my house and I will do it, but it's half a continent away so I am asking for a foster family who has INSIDE storage to store this treasure until it finds a permanent home.

Finally, the plan will be to actually sell this tractor to a member with the hope that they continue the mission. There is already interest in individuals buying it outright which is one option, another is to raffle it off. In any event I want 100% of the price of the tractor to go to the Nunn family for payment for the tractor. The Nunn's (to my knowledge) have never asked for anything personally, but always for the cure. This is wonderful, but their price is high, and what little we can do would be worth while.

This is an outstanding effort and I am proud to be associated with those who are more than willing to spend their time, money and effort to continue to support Max's cause, his family and overall good will.

whfan74

If Steve takes it around for a while and then drops it off to me in Oct. it will be inside all winter in heated storage.

This is an amazing thing that is coming together, just let me know how I can help.

Jake Kuhn

Hello, I am Jake Kuhns dad. I am about 2 hours from morley and I am willing to pick it up if needed and bring it to the show. If needed call me and tell me what to do. 269 214 6606 Doug Kuhn

midnight rambler

Karl I emailed you last night, you didn't respond, im willing to pay the asking price for this tractor, I posted it here, and have a better storage plan, than any of you, just ask steve in elgin, matching truck and enclosed wagon, i know maxs story and personally met him, just a suggestion for ownership and storage.

nylyon

I got your PM this morning and replied, sorry for the delay.

stevasaurus

Karl...I just talked with Tom (TomWH1971), and he is willing to buy the tractor for the asking price. He has met Max and since he started this by posting the CL, I think he should be the one to buy it. The tractor will still go to shows, and will have a great home in the long run. Bob Rock can still pick up the horse and bring it to Charlotte. Tom would go to Charlotte and bring the horse home. It will be at Sycamore, and LaSuer, and Scotts M&G. Still some details to think about, but all this kind of simplifies a lot of it. Tom sent you his phone#...give him a call. :woohoo:

71_Bronco

One thing we could do, to raise more money for the family, is to buy the tractor, and then do an auction here on red square. The benefits of this is that the tractor will go to a good home, with a member of this board, and that if we do it auction style, more money can be raised then doing a "sell for $XXX" type of deal.

Please let us people, who cannot help personally, how we can help with the fund-raising. I wouldn't mind throwing some money in towards gas to go pick up the tractor, help pay for storage etc. I know it is going to a good cause, and that is all that matters.

My hats off to all of you, it's really amazing what we can do when you get a group of guys together who care.

EDIT: Another thing we can do is a nomination type deal, to decide who gets it. Make a list of people who want it, and then have people nominate based on how close they are to the family, what they did for max, etc etc. Also one thing that would be good is to make sure they have good storing conditions for the tractor. Just an idea.

nylyon

Ok, Max's tractor is sold!

Here's what is going to happen. Bob (whlpny) is going to coordinate with Tom Nunn picking up the tractor today and bringing it to the show. Tom (tomwh1971) has purchased the tractor and will pay Tom Nunn in person and will go to the show to pick it up. Tom was already in discussion to purchase the tractor and is an excellent new owner.

Before I go any further, thank you Bob and Tom! You are both outstanding!

In my discussion with Tom Nunn, it's important for this tractor to continue to be a work tractor, but not by mowing lawns, plowing snow or tilling the garden. This is Max's tractor and is now a show tractor to be brought to shows, and work to promote Childhood Cancer Awareness. I will let Tom (tomwh1971) discuss in more detail the details of showing the tractor.

It would be great to put together a storyboard on the significance of this tractor and I'm open to volunteers to do this. Please understand that any written items need to be passed by Max's family for their approval prior to display. It is very important to remember that Max is a son and brother and we need to respect that by asking permission.

You members continue to amaze me and having a group of people come together for a cause is amazing, and to have it happen in less than 24 hours is unreal!

71_Bronco

:woohoo: :D:ROTF::D:P:D:D:D

Well done gentlemen! Glad to see it is in good hands now!

Another idea just hit me. What if VinalGuy52 was to do like a "support team max" type of sticker we could put on all of our Horses, and proceeds go straight to the family. Kinda like what sports teams do when a player passes and they all put the jersey number on their uniform / helmet. I would buy one of them and put it on my tractor for sure!

stevasaurus

I love it when a plan comes together. :D Now I am going to pack the stuff that I am bringing...Thanks to all...this is truly amazing. See all you guys in Charlotte. :woohoo::ROTF: :D

CasualObserver

Congratulations and Thanks Tom! :woohoo: Well done. If Max's 704 can make it to LeSeuer, we'd be honored to have it and you.

whfan74

This is fantastic and great job everyone in making this more meaningful! I will be looking forward to helping out in any way that I can.

I agree with what has been said already..........even though this family (RedSquare) can be dysfunctional from time to time (what family isn't) there are so many huge hearts here that want to make a difference through this hobby!

What a great opportunity!

tomnunn

Hello Folks, I suppose I should have just come here to see if someone wanted the tractor to begin with but did not feel it right to after what all you kind people did for Max and our family to begin with. Some of you have to wonder why I do not want to keep the tractor in the first place and there are a few different reasons, first we simply cannot store and keep everything we would like and are moving to a smaller home and have to sell allot of stuff before that can happen. Second it will not help me any to look at that tractor every time I walk by it and think dammit that was supposed to be Max's someday and it will be one more constant reminder, not that I am or ever could begin to want to forget Max and He is what I think about daily without end, but that tractor is one more splinter in a festering wound that would do better somewhere else. As it turns out Tom Conford is going to end up being the official owner of it and it will do just what Karl and all of you folks are talking about and travel your circuit and be displayed in Max's memory as well as promoting St. Baldricks to help work towards a cure so someday this does not happen to other children like Max. Perhaps we as a family can and would certainly look forward to attending some of your shows to see the tractor and follow its journey and meet some of you kind folks.

Max had a goal of raising 100k for St Baldrick's and we are nearing $85,000 and all of the money that they raise goes to childhood cancer research. Jodie, Max's mom can set up a page on Max's team on there website for any of your members to join and make donations in his memory and it all goes to his goal. We will also get you all of the brochures and information as well as T-shirts and posters to help promote St. Baldricks and help get the word out.

Again I want to thank you all for the kindness that you have shown and all that you have done it we are thrilled to know that Max's tractor will be used to further a great cause in his honor. Highest regards to you all, Max's buddy

http://www.stbaldricks.org/teams/mypage/teamid/68230

midnight rambler

Hi everybody Tom here and I'm going to do the best of my ability to get this tractor shown around to different shows, it will be in sycamore il and la sure mn fore sure, if I can make arrangements to have it brought home sunday instead of saturday it will be in charolette for the weekend ( on you for that now steve) let me say I was shocked and had tears in my eyes when I got the call from Karl, I feel very honored to own this one of a kind tractor, i meant a lot to me to speak with Tom nunn about it and it will always have a place under shelter at my place. Thanks again everybody who really cares about this tractor and its OWNERS

71_Bronco

Tom,

I think I speak for the whole group when I say that you and your family will be in our hearts, thoughts and prayers for a long time to come. Keep fighting the good fight.