Sign in to follow this  
Ken B

I read in the Newpaper today...

Ken B

I read in one of the local rags that the Danbury CT. DMV office will be one of four in CT. that will be closing. Have any of the other locals heard this crap yet? They must be high or something as this is one of the busiest DMV branches you will ever walk into. I buy and sell alot of vehicles, boats, trailers and the like and this totally blows! :woohoo:

smoreau

They tried to do that here in MI. I work in Bridgeport MI and they protested the closing the one here about a year ago. As far as I know its now not going to close know. You may want to call your news station and start a protest. just a thought.

fireman

Ken the DMVs are only going to be closed if the State Unions don't vote for the new concessions. That's at least how I understand it. Could be wrong though.

Eriks Red horse herd

Here in The great State of Michigan they closed a lot of Dmv offices and up graded main offices in larger cities to super centers or what they also call plus centers. they only have two in lansing area. and last time i went (just to transfer plates) i sat for almost four hours ( unreal) there so called simplefication takes longer than it use to! So i looked up on there web sit for another office found next county over a small office where you walkin ,walk out worth the drive! I'd like to take the one or ones who came that bright idea and take them out to the back forty and BEAT THE LIVIN SH-T RIGHT OUT OF THEM. Save the state a few high paid dollars!

HorseFixer

I think this is the beginning of things to come. :woohoo: There is to much waste in goverment thats why we are in the shape that we are in.

I have seen this first hand and for 20 years, Makes me sick. <_< No matter what we do its too little & too late.

Cheers ~Duke

:D

zieg72

Indiana cut hours way back. My closest BMV cut their days of operation to Mon, Wed, Fri, while the staff works Tue and Thu at the other BMV in the county which got rid of 1/2 the staff. I do my fair share of buying-selling and you can't do that on line like the license plate renewal.

HorseFixer

Indiana cut hours way back. My closest BMV cut their days of operation to Mon, Wed, Fri, while the staff works Tue and Thu at the other BMV in the county which got rid of 1/2 the staff. I do my fair share of buying-selling and you can't do that on line like the license plate renewal.

Carl :woohoo: whats a BMV?? :D Here in Mich they are DMV's dept of motor vehicles. :D

Cheers ~Duke

:ROTF:

TT

BMV = Bureau of Motor Vehicles

JimD

BMV is Bureau of Motor Vehicles. That's what they call it here in Buckarooville. :ROTF:

Dang it TT you always did type faster than me. :woohoo: :D

refracman

Here in Ohio you only get only title work BMV, plates and DL renewal is from a Deputy register, and the State Highway patrol your DL test. Not a lot of any of them around but most are fairly fast, most I ever waited is a hr in 35yrs.

You can get you plates renewed online, I likey! :woohoo:

rexman72

be thankful alot of the states dont have car inspections like we have in maine.

Duff

Oh yeah, we've got car, truck and trailer inspections here in NH, too, and there getting worse by the year...AND they've started combining DMV offices. Now some might say in a state like ours with no broad base taxes this is a pretty small trade-off until you see what they get for a registration - OUCH!!!! :woohoo::D

Duff :ROTF:

rexman72

Oh yeah, we've got car, truck and trailer inspections here in NH, too, and there getting worse by the year...AND they've started combining DMV offices. Now some might say in a state like ours with no broad base taxes this is a pretty small trade-off until you see what they get for a registration - OUCH!!!! :woohoo::D

Duff :ROTF:

hey duff i used to live in nh and theres no sales tax or income tax which is huge.

HorseFixer

Duff :P

hey duff i used to live in nh and theres no sales tax or income tax which is huge.

WoW Chuck that out.... No Taxes??? :D That is huge I cant believe the registration costs are anywhere near yer taxes on all you buy all year long. :ROTF:

~Duke