Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Chemo...

JimD

A little update. Most of you know my situation by now. I have had the first of four chemo treatments last Thursday the 21st. It has been an experience to say the least. The side effects as they told them to me are nausea for a couple days, followed by Aching joints / bone pain. What they didn't tell me: Swollen tongue, bug-eye syndrome, wild hair.These symptoms come in hot flashes that are so frequent it's sometimes hard to tell when they stop. Those of you who know and have met me will not recognize me. Just thought I'd warn you...

largemarge.gif

HorseFixer

A little update. Most of you know my situation by now. I have had the first of four chemo treatments last Thursday the 21st. It has been an experience to say the least. The side effects as they told them to me are nausea for a couple days, followed by Aching joints / bone pain. What they didn't tell me: Swollen tongue, bug-eye syndrome, wild hair.These symptoms come in hot flashes that are so frequent it's sometimes hard to tell when they stop. Those of you who know and have met me will not recognize me. Just thought I'd warn you...

largemarge.gif

Jim haven't seen you in a couple years... :woohoo: Uhhh you look the same but something looks different.... :D Oh I got it!!! I think you let yer hair grow out some haven't you? :D

Cheers ~Duke

:ROTF:

rmaynard

Swollen tongue, bug-eye syndrome, wild hair.

:woohoo: What's so different? Oh yeah, it's the hair.

:D

horsefeathers

Com'on Jim where did you find my high school year book picture?

Hope your doing well and keep that sence of humor ! And rember...

Always Leave'm Laughin'

:woohoo: HORSEFEATHERS!

shorts

hang in there Jim, I held the wife's hand when she went thru breast cancer chemo and radiation, their is a light at the end of the tunnel, it's been 7 years and so far all is good.

just think now you can start a hat collection :woohoo:

massey

It makes you look like large Marge. Hope all turns out well for you, hang in there.

Ed

JimD

Thanks for your kind words everyone. I am strong and my attitude is good. I feel relatively good all things considered, and have fared better than many undergoing similar treatments. I have been extremely blessed. Still on the right side of the grass and ready to fight the forces of "THE DARK SIDE" wherever they rear their ugly head. :woohoo:

rmaynard

...ready to fight the forces of "THE DARK SIDE" wherever they rear their ugly head.

"Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering."

―Yoda

earlleecliffton

:woohoo:

It is great that u have an upbeat attitude

stevasaurus

Jim...you need to go back to work and stay off the WEB. :D Good luck going back to work next week...we need the revenue from taxing your paycheck. :ROTF: :woohoo:

farmer

If you havn't been affected directly by cancer, there's always someone in the family or a close friend that has....and its a *****. My family, and millions of others have to deal with it, and until a cure is found we will continue to. :D

Jim, good luck to you, our best wishes for a complete recovery. :ROTF:

PS, you should consider changing your tag line to,

"Alway's leave 'em laughin and inspired". :woohoo:

stevasaurus

Well said Rex. :D Jim is very special people. :woohoo:

Rideawaysenior

Jim, good to see you up and about. I dealt with it first hand and know what you have been through. Keep up the faith.

Jack

Suburban 550

Jim, I hope everthing goes well for you. :woohoo: You are in our thoughts and prayers everyday.

Coadster32

Didn't know that Jim, but thanks for sharing it. Alot of people get couped up in their own world and shut others out. You are special indeed. Thoughts and prayers to you. As by all of your postings, I would have never known. Keep up the good spirits.

Oh.. and tell them large marge sent you. :woohoo:

sorekiwi

I saw Jim this morning, and he looks just like the picture he posted. Doesnt look like the chemo and the surgeries have affected him at all!

can whlvr

good luck and keep well,thoughts and prayers here too

JimD

Thank you all. Your encouragement helps me greatly. :woohoo:

truckin88

Jim last year, I saw my father in law go through hell he was in the hospital for over 100 days, 3 months of chemo for lukemia that they caught early.....that said, he made it through it is in remission and he is back working looking amazing.....there is light at the end of the dark tunnel hang in there.

JimD

It's been awhile since I've updated this thread, and I would like to start by saying thanks to matt and truckin along with everyone else for the information and words of encouragement.

During the third treatment I had a bad reaction to one of the drugs. They gad to stop the treatment and give me some fluids and drugs to counteract the reaction, and were then able to complete the treatment. The problem was my body reacted again after the treatment and I was down for a week. The joint pain was miserable to say the least. I felt the effect for another week coming out of it slowly.

They switched me over to a different drug for the final treatment, the first half of which I had last Friday. There is no joint pain with this new drug, however there is another side effect...

Videocallsnapshot9.png

it seems I know how to light up a room, now that I glow in the dark!! :thumbs2:

I get the remainder of the last treatment tomorrow, then after a few weeks it will be time for a scan to see where I stand.

earlleecliffton

:thumbs2:

Martin

thanks for the progress report jim.....

heres hoping for some positive results in a few weeks time......

shorts

thanks for the update, good to see your tolerating the treatments, wishing you the best for the final treatment and following checkup.

Duff

You're in our prayers daily, Jim. Hang in there! :banghead:

Duff :thumbs2: :banghead: