Sign in to follow this  
Brrly1

Power of Mother Nature

Brrly1

Hello, here in Toledo we had a pretty good rain Friday afternoon. I was not at home but the ol' lady was after seventeen years I can call her that shes even three years older. Anyways there was also a really strong wind as we already know from Ray's post. I have Rose of Sharon bushes or small trees along the fence in the back yard. At the time of the storm they were standing proud an tall at around tweleve feet. As of now they stand around seven to eight foot. My question is will they eventually will they stand back upright or will they have to be trimmed down. The branches are pretty heavy right now with blossoms and flowers. I don't know if anybody can help but if someone can any information is appreciated Thanks Have a Nice evening :D

:woohoo:

Jim_M

If the branches aren't broken they'll stand up again in a day or two.

Brrly1

Thanks Jim, much appreciated. :D

shorts

if they don't stand back up don't be afraid to trim them agressively, they will come back. Ive got a row of them on the south fence that put out enough new starter plants every yearthat grow to 4'+ in 3 yaers that i could go into the nursery buisiness. :woohoo: I'm kind of thinking that if i prune the tops this fall at about 6 to 7 feet that they should fill out into more of a bush and give us more privacy year round.

Brrly1

Thanks for your answer. I will get out and snap a few pictures of them. i will get them posted sometime this evening. Rough day at the office. :D