Sign in to follow this  
Martin

connection timing out

Martin

anybody experiencing slow connections with this site or connection timing out? its been happening with me for about a week on and off. sometimes i wait up to 5 minutes for pages to load. maybe slow is not really correct. i used to have dial up years ago and its not 'slow' loading like that. its more like a lack of communication. dont have this problem with any other sites, even at exactly the same time can open another tab and go to some other site immediately. i normally am on my laptop but it happens with my wifes ipad and my palm pre + phone as well on our wifi connection. we have mediacom cable. also tried it with 3g on my phone same result.

the connection just times out. i use firefox but ie is the same.

once again it only happens with rs and not any other site. the connection times out and i get the firefox 'timed out message'. some times reloading once works and sometimes it takes alot more refreshes to get the page to come up.

its taken me 25 minutes to get to the end of this post (including 5 minutes to type this post :woohoo: )

i just had to copy and repaste this message and this will be my second attempt at posting as this is getting ridiculous.

edit: after all this for the last 40 minutes, its now instant in loading pages. its been back and forth like this for a while today.

littleredrider

Just tried and timed out a couple times. Dunno, but frustrating....

Martin

yeah and its not consistent. today is just crazy bad. very frustrating when posting as you dont know whether it went through. ive got to the stage that i right click and copy my text before i post just in case it doesnt go through....

but right now at this moment im enjoying it being normal. im gonna catch up on some posts before it gets bad again.

Gene_S

My connection on RS is super slow tonight also... All other web sites are working fine...

JimD

I've been having the same problem you describe Martin. Very frustrating indeed.

dennist

I am having trouble like you guys. Very slow.

Martin

and i thought it was just me............

is this something that needs fixing with the site?

i can donate more if needed.... :woohoo:

smokin joe

:woohoo: I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm having issues as well :D

Kelly

Me too for about 3 days now, I gave up and stayed outside and got some work done, on projects.

Horse'n Around

Same here, its been happening for a few days now, but today has been bad. I was just going to make a post asking if it was just me. Its just been RS that Ive been having problems with. I was beginning to wonder if it would help for me to wear a tin foil hat in case it was due to aliens or something :woohoo:

can whlvr

my connection is acting up too,i started a post a while back and it was happening then too,i think its alot of activity on the forums server#15

71_Bronco

:woohoo: I'm not sure what the problem is but I'm having issues as well :D

Same here :ROTF:

JimD

Time for a server upgrade? :woohoo:

312Hydro

Been having the same problem for a couple of days. Glad I'm not alone,I thought it was a problem on my end. :woohoo:

rmaynard

Forumer needs to go "cloud based".

SousaKerry

Same here sometimes slow other times ok....

Me thinks the server is a little overloaded

"I'm givn' her all she's got capn' bu' the engines they just can'no take anymor" :woohoo:

neil

Its even bad in the UK

tr4ied to connect today about 10 timwa but couldnt , i thought it was just me that had the problem

Butch

I've been having problems getting on Red Square today.

jbumgarner

:woohoo: same problem yesterday and today, thought it was just my connection. Hope something can be done.

JimD

I don't know why, but right now it's very fast. Hope it stays this way. :woohoo:

rmaynard

RedSquare is on Forumer server #15. That server hosts us and 169 other forums all at the same time.

It's like the L.A. freeway at rush hour. :woohoo:

Martin

just thought id add that today has been good. not one complaint from me. i guess i will enjoy it while i can.

mods/admin.

as i said before, if this is an issue that needs $ to remedy then im ready to donate again. i value this forum and all the guys i communicate with on it.

just wanted to throw that out there...... :woohoo:

Don1977

Still real slow here. Couldn't get on the other day.

JimD

A very frustrating day trying to access the site today. Long waits for threads to load, etc. Can't something be done?

Martin

yeah, last night was bad again, i just gave up and watched tv instead. right now is good though....