Sign in to follow this  
Dockfishin

Where state assistance goes sometimes

Dockfishin

Now I know people need help often and don't begrudge anyone for it. somone must not really need it and uses it for some luxury meals if you ask me... am I wrong? :hide: story below

Link to article

sscotsman

what is a "bridge card"?

We had a similar story out here in Western NY a few years back..

New York State, being run by liberals, is of course totally broke but exists basically to give away free money to people who dont work..the state decided all the poor city kids needed an extra $200 EACH for school supplies..but with no restrictions on how the money is spent..lots of flat screen TV's were bought at Walmart that week..true story! :hide:

$200 for school supplies

Scot

Dockfishin

what is a "bridge card"?

We had a similar story out here in Western NY a few years back..

New York State, being run by liberals, is of course totally broke but exists basically to give away free money to people who dont work..the state decided all the poor city kids needed an extra $200 EACH for school supplies..but with no restrictions on how the money is spent..lots of flat screen TV's were bought at Walmart that week..true story! :hide:

$200 for school supplies

Scot

It's food stamps on a debit card basically.

mr.pipes

One reason for the EBT cards was to prevent drug addicts from trading food stamps for pennies on the dollar for drugs. I guess that isn't working so well.

Food Stamps for Crack Story

jtmoyer

as a retailer i see it all the time. about 33% of my customers don't speak english and about 75% have an ebt card. most don't care how much the food they buy costs since they don't "pay for it".

when i was unemployed we were getting over $1000 a month in ebt benefits for a fam of 8.

416/520

An acquaintance of mine lost his house after he used it like an ATM card. He could only afford 300.00 [not really] as his Social Security retirement was about 750.00.

I agreed to rent to him only month to month with a promise that he would leave THE FIRST DAY he was unable to come up with the rent. I told him that I expected him gone or in subsidized housing in a few months,or I would need $400.00 per month, because I was formerly renting the place for 425.00.

Before you think I am soft in the head,I was really getting tired of renting the little house to young couples. They wanted houses with yards,but somehow thought the yard would mow itself.

So the Obama Stimulus program shows up,and the purpose is to add Metro units out in the country and away from the county seat as many assisted clients tend to congregate where the various social services are available. I spoke with him,and we made an appointment to see about it. At least now my rent is back to 400.00.

When he got the statement in the mail that showed him having to pay only 139.00, and that I would get a check for 260.00, he asked me," Where's my check?" I told him that his 'check' was in the reduced rent he would be paying. I guess that he thinks that me getting close to market rent for my house is a bad thing. So I asked him whether or not he is better off paying 139.00 or 300.00, but he is more concerned that I might be making too much money,I guess :hide:

This is a nice little house with Andersen Windows and high levels of insulation . I remodeled it like brand new 20 years ago

So anyway,he still has enough money to store his old junk in a Store-n-Lock for 100.00 a month. Go figure.

He could get food stamps as well,but feels that it is beneath him. For now,anyway...