Sign in to follow this  
Kelly

The nerve of some people

Kelly

I had a ad on here with a tractor for sale last year, Oct. 2010 not one reply, no big deal this spring my trusty JD I've mowed with forever, started to give me issues, so I started to use the 246H I had for sale, it runs like a top and the 42" deck is super quite, I get a email from a guy that must have Googled the tractor and joined today, never posted once just sent me a email I want the tractor, I told him sorry I'm using it right now, I might have it back up for sale later, his reply was Thanks JERK, don't say it's for sale if it not. I sent a nice email back, :WRS: and told him to check the posting dates, I really don't like being called names, I'm a adult not in high school any more, things happen over time, should I go back drag up a old dead ad and say it's not for sale?? was I wrong for not doing that?? :hide:

puddlejumper

Nah, Just raise the price.

mavfreak

Nah, Just raise the price.

:hide: works for me!

Docwheelhorse

Just tell him you sold it to me for $25.... I'll back you up! :hide:

Tony

Kelly

I did ask him what ad was he looking at the first one when I got 2 years ago for $300, or the one last year for $600 after I put a elect. clutch and new clutch switch and new batt. ?? and now after mowing with it for the past few weeks and putting a few other minor things on it I would have to get a grand for it, heck I just waxed it it's so nice.

tunahead72

heck I just waxed it it's so nice.

$1500, easy! :hide:

Kelly

This is the tractor in question, like I said it is nice, for being near 20 years old, all orig. paint just some touch up on the wheels.

100_3007.jpg

100_3010.jpg

puddlejumper

Looks like somebody missed out 2 years ago before the price went up.

Sparky

Let me know who it is Kelly and I'll toss em out. Obviously a rude, unintelligent idiot and we really dont need a member like that.

PM me.

Mike.......

mr.pipes

You could tell him it's for sale again, let him come over and show him how you feel about being called a jerk.

OR

Say it's for sale and give him the address of a John Deere dealer an hour or so away.

OR

Just be glad you don't act like that and be happy he isn't getting the tractor.

farmer

I think I would look at it like this,

by "going off on one" with a complete stranger, like this bloke did, I'd feel lucky that I didn't come across his sort often.

While you go about your business with normal decent folk and are happy,

he's bitter with ( I suspect) few real friends. :hide:

perry

just blow it off, dealing with the public can be challenging at times.

and that is one nice tractor. you dont have others to mow with ?.

AMC RULES

You don't have to own being a jerk Kelly, own the fact that you own that gorgeous tractor. :hide: At this late stage of the game, I'd say the guy is a day late and about a grand short now. :WRS:

Ken B

That sure is a super clean tractor, I'd hate to see it go to someone who probably won't take care of it myself.

VinsRJ

I think you did the right thing, Kelly. With that amount of time passed, you're allowed to change your mind.

Go get'm Sparky! :hide:

T-Mo

Kelly,

This is the only one I found in the Classifieds: http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...c=13567&hl=246h Is this the one? If so, I can delete that ad so it won't happen again, but as the old saying goes "You can't fix stupid". I'm sure there are other for sale ads that this guy and others like him may respond to that are just as old as that one.

stevasaurus

Very nice looking horse there Kelly. :hide: You are right...the nerve of some people...hopefully he is gone. :WRS: :)

SousaKerry

Hey Kelly,

I got one of those sitting in storage in Jackson if he wants one that badly, of coarse it is missing a few small parts like an engine a steering wheel most of the wire harness oh and there is some assembly required oh yeah and it is a lovely shade of weatherbeaten pink :WRS:

$600 OBO :hide:

Kelly

Terry if you want to pull that ad and this one that would be great, http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...=21931&hl=246-h

I got another email from him, today, he didn't like my last one back to him, and Kerry I wouldn't sell him junk at this point, I'd rather give it away in front of him.

T-Mo

Kelly,

I deleted them both. It's unfortunate to delete year to two year old ads as the potential buyers have to know they're old ads, but I guess there people like this guy.

Crazywheelhorseman

sounds like he may be one of those spoiled people that do not like getting told no. Obviously he needs to learn some manners! :hide:

shootinok

Eh - write him off...

Tell him to go buy a MTD.... :hide:

papaglide

Kelly, very nice looking tractor. Of course you did the right thing!

I back up Sparky on this, throw out the bum. :hide:

Kelly

I told him to do something alright, now he just keeps at it, I'm starting to have fun with him.

mowerman1193

I told him to do something alright, now he just keeps at it, I'm starting to have fun with him.

Kelly I half wonder if this person didn't start this on purpose just to have some fun with you..Might be someone we already know here that joined up with a alias..I used to have a friend that would mess with me like that all the time.. NOTICE I SAY USED TO HAVE A FRIEND, LOL... I got tired of his lame sense of humor... Was ok the first couple times and laughed it off..then he just kept on with the jokes everywhere I went it seemed like..

Kevin