Sign in to follow this  
Raider

Hello from WI

Raider

Hi all, I finally hauled home my first Wheel Horse. I've been wanting a garden tractor for a long time now and the Wheel Horse made the most sense, Naturally I wanted to find out as much as I could about the tractor and how to keep it up and Redsquare looks like a great place to get that info and rub elbows with other tractor owners and enthusiasts. I'll be posting some info and pics of my 1968 Raider shortly but wanted to say hi before I get my hands dirty.

When I'm not playing in the garden or working on the house I like to fish and tinker with boats. Now if I can figure out how to set up my hitch to pull the boats I'll be as happy as can be.

linen beige

:whistle: This site is chock full of good people with great info. There are a LOT of these old 'Horses set up to pull boat trailers. There will likely be several pictures posted to give you some ideas. So far, I haven't been able to get my camera to upload any pic.s

perry

:whistle:

:WRS:

nylyon

Welcome to RedSquare glad you found us. Looking forwards to the pictures of your horse

Again :whistle:

CasualObserver

:whistle: :WRS: SOON!! :D Seriously, welcome, jump in, start posting. Use the Search feature if you're looking for something in particular.... I think we've just passed like 15,000 posts now, so there's lots of reading and information.... you've got plenty of catching up to do!!

DMESS

:WRS: Read, participate and most important, HAVE FUN!

Tickster will be able to give you pointers on boat towing. He has a post on here somewhere regarding towing his boat with his 633. :whistle:

T-Mo

:whistle: I'm glad you found us, and congratulations on your first garden tractor, and a special congratulations on it being a Wheel Horse. As been mentioned already, we :WRS: :D

Raider

Thanks for the welcome guys :whistle: I'm working on pictures and a few questions that need answering and will post once I get the tractor cleaned up and all the important numbers located and written down. In the in-between time I'm catching up on my reading here on Redsquare and learning plenty. Glad to be here :WRS:

WheelHorse_of_course

Welcome!

I love your signature. I take it you got a blower with the Raider. Nice setup.

Raider

Yep, I bought the Raider with a snowblower, WheelHorse model ST376, and a three blade mower deck I can't identify. The deck has a few numbers on a tag under a bolt but they don't look the same as WheelHorse numbers and the deck and tag had been painted over. Working on my pics yet...

Raider

Here's the new WheelHorse!

1968 Raider 9