Sign in to follow this  
nylyon

New Toy

nylyon

We had our Zinger travel trailer since 2005 and it was time to upgrade. We went camper shopping last weekend and settled on a new Jayco 5th Wheel. It's a new model out just this year. Well last night it got parked in the driveway. I had to do some serious tree trimming to get it in there but she's home.

I have to say, going from a conventional trailer to a 5th is a big jump. This thing is awesome!

I have some stuff from the old camper which I will be selling if anyone is interested I can post it here. I'm going to be selling the old hitch (12,000lb Reese Dual Cam) and the Carefree Add-A-Room.

Attached Image

post-12-1304089783.jpg

mavfreak

THats Nice! :thumbs:

nylyon

The neat thing about this one is it has a loft in the back. Under the loft is a bedroom with bunk beds. The loft essentially turns the camper into a 3 bedroom!

Attached Image

post-12-1304091742.jpg

Horse-Drawn

Very Nice! We're looking at a upgrading ours this year too.

A buddy of mine has a similar model with the garage in the rear (he has a collecting habit also) It's fun when he comes home & I get to sift though all his goodies he found on vacation :thumbs:

Ken B

Very nice, what type of tow vehicle do you have?

nylyon

I've got a 2003 F250 Crew cab short bed 6.0 Diesel. Coming home from Newburgh there's that big hill with the rest area on 84, it pulled the 10,000lb camper up at 65 easily. I had to actually get off the throttle cause of slower cars :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Nice looking camper.......... Diesel :thumbs:

nylyon

Gotta love the diesel's, great mileage when empty and will pull a school down the street if you ask it to. Now those $100 oil changes.... every 5,000 miles :wh:

Kelly

Holy crap I bet that is as big as my first house...... take that back I bet it's bigger, can't let the wife see this she will want one.

rmaynard

Does it have a garage in the back for hauling your :wh: ?

You need to break it in by coming to the WHCC show this year. :D

Nice rig :thumbs:

Rollerman

Very nice Karl!

That was built a few miles up the road from me.

If for some reason you ever decide to visit Jayco, make sure to give me a shout.

C-Series14

Gotta love the diesel's, great mileage when empty and will pull a school down the street if you ask it to. Now those $100 oil changes.... every 5,000 miles :wh:

I agree....still love my diesel....

stevebo

Sweet !!! ZERO excuse not to make it to the show in June ... :thumbs:

6wheeler

Karl, you are gonna love that RV. My brother has last years model and my wife and I have gone with him on a few trips last year. His is very nice, with tons of room. I gotta say, what surprised me was hoe solid and secure it feels inside. Almost like being inside a house. Very nice. He pulls his with a 2000 F-250 extended cab 7.3 diesel with no trouble. I towed it with my 94 F-250 7.5l 460 with no trouble either except OPEC was on speed dial watching their oil stocks skyrocket.

nylyon

Does it have a garage in the back for hauling your :thumbs: ?

No, it doesn't have a garage in the back. The back is a small bedroom with 2 bunk beds, a closet, dresser and place for a TV. There's a small door so it can be used as a storage area, but for now it needs to store 2 kids. We've been busy installing our necessary mods (the ones that the factory forgot to put in) and we'll be going to Hershey the end of the week!

Brrly1

Karl, switch over to Amsoil. Thats what we run in our work trucks have for at least the last fifteen years. I am not a salesman but you can run at least 12,500 before you drop the filter and add a quart. I am sure you can talk to Duke and he could explain it way better than me. I have run it in my truck and she still crusin' at 185,000 looking to double that. Nice camper for sure. Have fun. :thumbs:

:wh:

Bow_Extreme

Very nice camper. I went from a 30' TT to a 38' Fifth Wheel Bunk House a couple years ago so I know how you feel. A couple big benefits are the fifth wheels tow so much better and there is a ton more room in them. The only bad part with my truck, I still have the gas engine in my 2500HD. Someday I will own the diesel even if diesel is a premium price. Good luck with the camper and enjoy it. Watch where you go with it as the bigger campers can only fit in so many places. Trust me I know...lol

As far as using amsoil. I cannot credit or discredit amsoil but my 2500HD has been running amsoil since 38,000 miles. The lifters are making excessive noise at only 86,000 miles. I switched back to regular oil this weekend. It did not solve the problem. I may have to tear the engine apart shortly to replace lifters. Or maybe this is what GM products do after a short easy life.

HorseFixer

Nice Rig Karl. :thumbs: Looks like that would be real comfortable. And these old bones are all about comfort. :wh:

nylyon

I'm not sure about Amsoil in the truck. I do not believe for a moment that Amsoil will be any better in a 6.0 than any other synthetic oil on the market and the reason is in the design of the 6.0. The 6.0 uses oil under extremely high pressure to fire the injectors. The oil is subject to shearing which will reduce the viscosity of ANY oil. The 6.0 requires more frequent changes due to this than having the additives wear out and nothing will convince me that Amsoil would provide better shear protection than Mobil 1 or T6. I don't want to start a debate on oils, just that the 6.0 is NOT your typical engine and NEVER should have any extended oil change interval. It's not just oil that's special for the 6.0, it's coolant as well. It is a VERY picky truck and not treating it properly will cost MEGA dollars.

We're getting the camper ready for it's maiden voyage. I really like the 8.5' ceiling in the living area, I am planning on putting in a ceiling fan as soon as I can!

perry

great looking camper, enjoy :thumbs:

jimbotelho

karl nice rig and oh yeah the tow vehicle is not bad either good luck :thumbs:

SAM58

:wh: :D:D:wh::D :thumbs:

nylyon

Very nice Karl!

That was built a few miles up the road from me.

If for some reason you ever decide to visit Jayco, make sure to give me a shout.

I wouldn't miss that opportunity for all the horses in Connecticut.