Sign in to follow this  
can whlvr

any one have trouble getting on red square

can whlvr

just wondering if any body else had difficulties friday night on the forum,i could only get on and then it would crash or take along to load,im wondering if it was my computer or the site,every thing else seemed fine on my end,ebay,kijiji,etc.

zieg72

yes, it has been terrible since around 7 CST for me. I was just able to get on a few minutes ago

Redbirdman

naaa...it aint you...I had the same problem. Went to fix a big Gin n tonic, had a snack and came back and whoopee.......its working again. Probably an april fools joke. (Me being the fool!) :D

:wh: ed :D

ps.....you know whats still weird? The 'show all' emoticons won't load :thumbs: hmmm

rmaynard

It's been slow and/or non responding off and on all day today. Even yesterday it was very slow at times.

Horse'n Around

Me too, Ive been having trouble with it on and off since this afternoon too. It was fine when I signed on this time tho. Humph :thumbs:

Maybe its a cyber Aprils Fools Joke.... Not Funny!!!!

John

wheelhorse656

yes, it has been terrible since around 7 CST for me. I was just able to get on a few minutes ago

Same exact thing with me 2 horrible around 8 EST it would not even load then around 10:00 pm to 10:30pm it was fine again. thats odd i just thought it was my comp too.

neil

i was having the same problems over here in Uk . it wouldnt load or slow in loading.

VinsRJ

Still kind-of having the problem of long load time this morning. :thumbs:

littleredrider

I've had problems the past couple days. I got a brand new computer, so don't think it's that (better not be!!!!!)

MalMac

It's been so bad here that I just gave up last night. Still having some trouble today. Hope they get it fixed what ever it is.

WH854

I Had the same problems too, I think Forumer. com was doing some maintenance on their server,or something like that!!! :thumbs:

Chas

PS still hanging sometimes :wh:

Dresden Guy

YES! I had problems too..... Come on Man!!! :thumbs:

Kelly

I thought it was me, but I guess not, I couldn't get on at all, I gave up lastnight and chased the wife around, for a bit.

JimD

I've had problems for a couple weeks off and on with it being slow. Might be time for a server upgrade.

Kelly, did you catch her? :thumbs: :wh:

TT

I suspect some type of "server overload" during certain times. I don't know how many forums are hosted on server 15, but if a bunch of them are big & busy like this one, it could slow the whole works down for all of us. (I've been having the same issues)

It might also have something to do with the "glitches" Karl has mentioned. :thumbs:

If you want to know if the server is down, (or having other issues) you can check on it here:

http://www.forumer.com/status.php

(In case you didn't catch it, RedSquare is on Server 15)

Kelly

Yes I did, she is slow.

MikesRJ

... I don't know how many forums are hosted on server 15 ...

Over 150 forums hosted on number "15". Almost certainly overload during heavy use periods.

See this link, and replace DIGG.COM with "15.forumer.com" (without quotes) and click CHECK

http://www.yougetsignal.com/tools/web-sites-on-web-server/

boovuc

I couldn't even ping the server for awhile around 10PM last evening. The pings went into a dark hole.

BooVuc

Mill Hall, PA

Dresden Guy

"It's boke"

Who on RS said???? , "If you can't fix it with a hammer, it must be an electrical problem"!! Where's S-O-I when you need him? :thumbs:

I would suspect the guys at the forum server site were uploading hundreds of new and offensive pop-ups for us..e.g .... "YOU'VE ARE THE 1,000,000,000,000th person TO LOG ON........YOU'VE WON AN ALL EXPENSES PAID TRIP TO LIBYA!! :wh:

Maybe we've loaded too many pictures and "the cloud" is overloaded!

FACT: While composing this post, a pop-up for an offer to downlod an app for creating a new profile on Facebook :D:D

I just shut RS down last night and went to FeeBAY and bought a C-160 Auto, and will pick it up this morning.

rmaynard

...While composing this post, a pop-up for an offer to downlod an app for creating a new profile on Facebook...

Steve, become a supporter member for a small donation, and besides getting your name in red, you will lose the advertising.

littleredrider

This is a decent sized site, but there are much bigger forums out there than this. If anyway is into rock crawling or trucks, check out Pirate4x4.com. There are 1200 members on right now, and there is a million pages of threads, links, photos, right ups etc. Never had a problem logging on or viewing anything there.

This site does it in the morning too. I tried an hour ago and was slow.

dunk50

It's smokin now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mavfreak

:thumbs: I have trouble with it freezing up and kicking me off when I post. See you guys once I reload the sight! :wh:

And threads with pictures is a no no for me right now.

nylyon

Every once in a while the site gets slow. We share a server with many (probably hundreds) of other forums.

can whlvr

ive been lucky latley,red square has been working fast,but i must be lucky at the times i log in