Sign in to follow this  
JimD

JimD

I'm looking to make some new contacts from Redsquare on Skype. If you use it and would like to meet and talk search for me under my original RS name: whhrsfan. Looking forward to meeting some of you to share information, stories, show experiences, or just shoot the breeze.

Jim

stevasaurus

I'm interested Jim...looking forward to talking to ya...stevasaurus2 :thumbs:

buckrancher

yea me too if I ever get rid of this stupid dial up :thumbs:

rmaynard

I'm interested Jim...looking forward to talking to ya...stevasaurus2 :wh:

Just keep the camera turned off, you don't want to scare any little children. :thumbs:

JimD

I'm interested Jim...looking forward to talking to ya...stevasaurus2 :wh:

Just keep the camera turned off, you don't want to scare any little children. :thumbs:

:D

MikesRJ

Skype? What's that? :thumbs:

Redbirdman

I would be very careful with Skype, Unless it has improved over the last few years. At the least I would ask for input from others that use it.

We found that it really slowed down our computers and in some cases caused it to freeze quite often. And the spam mail really increased. Of course, that was a few years ago, maybe it has improved by now,

With that being said, some of my family and friends have found a great program (ya gotta fudge a little though) for chatting called "TEAMSPEAK". The basic program is free but you need at least one geek in the family. You find the "Client" or (program) on google and download it. Then you scroll down a list of 'users' ....which is in the hundreds. The user groups that are on line are at the top, those not so busy in the middle and unused at the bottom. Just find an unused group, email your friens or family what channel and switch on for the day (or evening) and chat your heads off with boom mikes and headphones.

If you become a big group you can split off into sections or the group can buy its own 'channel' and make it private..........TEAMSPEAK

10:4 K? Ed :D:thumbs::wh: :D

whfan74

:thumbs: Maybe I need to try this Skype thing out :wh:

chesbaycruiser

We use Skype regularly to chat with close family friends that moved from Va to Mo a couple of years ago. Lets the kids stay in touch, and parents too! Being able to talk and "see" really makes it nice.

We occasionally have issues where the video will pixelate and/or freeze, but overall, I highly recommend it. Free long-distance video-phone....hard to beat!

spark949

I use Skype almost very day and have used it from it's inception. It was a little buggy in the beginning but now I find it real stable. My wife and I talk to my son and grandson constantly and with video feed we see what they've been doing with themselves and their house. I have many relatives and friend in the UK that I talk to, sometimes on a daily basis. I even have it on my Iphone. Works great there as well. I too, highly recommend it.

Indy w h

Hmmm I'll hafta look into this !!!

Indy

racinfool40

:thumbs: SKYPE???used it once or twice.. with the Sisters!!!! video part works good with one on one. But with anything it has it's problems.. :wh:

JimD

Skype has improved quite a bit since I began using it. There have been several updates in the last couple of years. Now there are fewer dropped calls. As far as unwanted contact, set your profile to only allow people in your contact list to call you. You can still receive requests for contact info.

I also tried Teamspeak with some friends, now we all use skype. The call quality is better and there are fewer problems.

Skype is worldwide. I have contacts in Canada and Australia, and in several states here in the USA. The best thing is it's absolutely free. If any of you would like to talk about our hobby, feel free to contact me, (whhrsfan) on Skype and I will add you to my contacts and we can talk, or text. Please mention Redsquare so i know you are a member, as your Skype name may not be your forum name.

Thanks,

Jim