mattd860

Concealed Firearm

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I like Tasers. "Don't tase me bro"

Redbirdman

WOW................ I love this site! :thumbs::wh::D

ed :D

mattd860

Just spent the week in Florida where there is about 6 gun stores per town. Got to hold most of the current hand guns sold on the market and I'm going to get the Glock 19 Generation 3 (compact 9mm). I would love to have a 1911 and I will get one sooner or later but I will start with a compact 9mm for now and upgrade slowly, just like I did with wheel horses. My next step will be an AR-15.

Trouty - if the innocent carried guns, you wouldn't have to fear for *most* of them. Not saying a hand gun is a 100% guarantee to save your life but it does two things for you. 1 - people who know or see you carry are less likely to mess with you. 2 - in a bad situation, you can pull your gun out and DEFEND yourself even if you just brandish it. You don't always have to pull the trigger to use a gun.

Better to be a gun owner rather than a victim....

VinsRJ

Just spent the week in Florida where there is about 6 gun stores per town. Got to hold most of the current hand guns sold on the market and I'm going to get the Glock 19 Generation 3 (compact 9mm). I would love to have a 1911 and I will get one sooner or later but I will start with a compact 9mm for now and upgrade slowly, just like I did with wheel horses. My next step will be an AR-15.

Trouty - if the innocent carried guns, you wouldn't have to fear for *most* of them. Not saying a hand gun is a 100% guarantee to save your life but it does two things for you. 1 - people who know or see you carry are less likely to mess with you. 2 - in a bad situation, you can pull your gun out and DEFEND yourself even if you just brandish it. You don't always have to pull the trigger to use a gun.

Better to be a gun owner rather than a victim....

You better check the concealed carry laws in CT..... your firearm CANNOT be noticeable in anyway. A big bulge on the hip is a no, no. And if you do pull it (for whatever reason) you better be prepared to defend yourself in many ways other than personal defense. Just look at the latest legislation, they are trying to limit all guns to a max of 10 mags, CT has some of the hardest laws. Don

Butch

NJ doesn't let us carry. Although they have carry permits they are next to impossible to get and they are expensive to own. I think $200 annually. Our laws are much more tough than the federal laws which really suck. Example: If you want to buy a BB gun you must obtain a firearms ID which requires a long waiting period, fingerprints and background check. I was so pissed after waiting 6 months for all of the above to buy a BB gun for my kids I decided to buy 3 handgun purchase permits to piss the state off. Now there are 3 extra handguns in private hands this state doesn't want just because of the hoops I had to jump through to get a BB gun.

mavfreak

The thing that get me is the people who fallow the law and have the carry permits are not the ones breaking the law but are treated by the government like they are or will break the law.

Also my above statement of losing my right to own guns stems from this.

I dated a girl in high school and after for several years, when we broke up (in 1994) I was depressed. I recognized the fact that I needed help so I went and got it. Because I didn't have health insurance I went through the state. The counselor felt I needed to be on meditation for it and sent me to a psychiatrist. I eventually got over everything and went on with my life for years then years later and many guns have been purchased and a carry permit also I went to purchase another hand gun and was denied. (2005) I went to a lawyer to find out why and was told it was because of my treatment for depression. I also found out that many of our veterans are denied for the same thing after coming home from serving us for our freedom and need help dealing with things. I can get this expunged but it costs money and not hundreds but thousands of dollars, money I don't have.

Just wanted to say that.

puddlejumper

This is sad to say but eventually they are going to get them or make it so exspensive you will give them up. In the 80s I took rifles and shotguns to school on the bus so I could go shooting after school with friends. Can you Imagine the commotion that would start today. Or a kid walking down the street on his way to the local squirrell woods. The propaganda is against us. Hopefully I wont live to see it but its going to happen mostly I think because every generation gets a little more urbanized. So if you take your kid hunting you may not be hunting your kid.And maybe it will keep another generation fighting for their rights.

Redbirdman

Firearms Reform Bill to be Considered in Arizona

The House Judiciary Committee is also scheduled to hear Senate Bill 1610. This legislation nominates the Colt Single Action Army (Colt SAA) to become Arizona

Redbirdman

yeah! All pro gun bills passed the House!

Arizona: Right-to-Carry Reform and Self-Defense Bills Pass Committee

Yesterday, March 24, three NRA-backed self-defense bills were passed in the House Judiciary Committee, including Senate Bill 1201 which would, among other things, remove arbitrary bans across the state on carrying a firearm for self-defense. All three of these bills will now head to the House floor for consideration, but have yet to be scheduled at this time.

Senate Bill 1201 was voted out of the House Judiciary Committee by a 5 to 4 vote. This pro-gun bill is a comprehensive firearms reform measure which would make a number of improvements to Arizona

mavfreak

:wh: :thumbs: