Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Wheel Horse Wall Clock Story and Key Rack Pictures

mowerman1193

A short story of my Wheel Horse clocks I made last year.

When I first made that desk clock and posted the picture a lot of you wanted one. I didn't intend to sell any of them. I was just playing around making stuff with my saw and came up with the desk clock. I made up a couple different designs ( I still have ) that I just didn't like real well. Then I came up with the nice one and posted a picture here. At that same time Kelly and I was chit chatting about getting together considering we had never met and I was only a few mile away. One Saturday afternoon I loaded up the kids and off to Kelly's we went. I took along my Oak clock to show him as he wanted to see it in person. When I got to his place I had not even been there 15 min. and he had already talked me out of the clock I made and had me convinced to sell them here. By the time I had got home i had myself talked out of selling them. I think maybe Kelly and Glen teamed up as Glen had sent me an email encouraging me to sell some of the clocks.

Anyway to shorten up the story some...I had a half dozen people email/pm me that they wanted a larger wall hanging clock. I replied that I could make them but they would be more money as the clocks are quite pricey for the larger ones not to mention the larger block of wood. They still wanted them anyway. After making two of them. I listed the things for sale. Nobody took one...tried my hand a selling them on eBay. Sold one of them and could not sell the other one.The other day I figured oh well I will just hang it above my saw to help me keep track on my sawing time to base my pricing of my items on. This stupid clock motor was special ordered to fit my design and they cost me $20 each. I ordered 5 of them and only used 1 of them in this clock. ( the clock I sold on eBay was different and much cheaper ). Anyway this clock looses time at about 45 minutes per day. tried the other clocks and the same thing. Now I know why they didn't sell. God knows I don't want to sell anyone some junk that doesn't work. So he made everyone broke at the time I was listing them, LOL I sure am glad now that they did not sell.

BTW, This clock has ended up being my icon/avatar.

Anyway I would like to thank Kelly and Glen for talking me into selling my woodworking stuff. I guess they really didn't talk me into selling they just boosted my confidence in selling it . Now I am selling in 2 different stores online ( links in my signature ) One store I just started a week ago but will end up being the main store I think. Also would like to thank all of you who have bought items and even commented on my stuff as that has all played a roll into my confidence in selling this stuff.

Ok now a sneak peek at my newest Wheel Horse item.. This is not done yet but I guess that is why I called it a sneak peek, LOL

The three little holes near the bottom will have gold plated hooks for hanging keys on.

DSC03457.jpg

Thanks,

Kevin

Kelly

Glad I could be of help in your business, your work is top notch, I would recommend your stuff to everyone, the clock motors are not your fault, but that does suck. Good luck with future sales.

whfan74

Kevin,

I agree your work is fantastic! :thumbs: As I am sitting here at work I have my desk clock sitting right next to my computer. It has not lost any time at all, the small one's seem to be doing great! :thumbs: Dad has his on his desk as well. I have had many compliments on it from co-workers that stop in. You truly have a great talent! :thumbs:

Coadster32

Thanks for sharing your story. I also have one of your desk clocks, and an ornament. Great craftsmanship, and I too would recommend them. :thumbs: I also liked the video you shared in cutting up the ornaments. Glad you stuck with the idea of selling. :thumbs:

mowerman1193

Thanks Guys for the kind words. I do strive to sell good quality stuff. I have made a lot of ornamental firewood to get to where i am now, LOL Probably enough to heat my house for a month or so, LOL

Its good to hear that your clocks are still working and keeping time good. The one I have sitting here next to my computer has done great too, other than I did have to replace my battery last fall but it was a older clock. The little clocks seem to last about 2 years on a battery from my experience..

I finished up the Key racks today. Not sure if I will list them here or on my new artfire store.

Thanks again guys,

Kevin

Brrly1

Kevin, I have to stand behind these guys. The clock I bought in Charlotte is still keeping perfect time, I don't even have to reset it to daylight savings time because I didn't change it last fall. I am sure you know how I felt about the Christmas ornaments because come next year I am going to have to purchase some more this time for myself. I have five guys I run with down here in N.W. Ohio that are into the Wheel Horse tractors and they received three of them for gifts. Getting long winded but your talent is simply outstanding. See you at Charlotte.

Take care. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

mowerman1193

Thanks for the comments everyone...

I hope to be able to go to the Charlotte this year again, but we do have a planned trip to Texas sometime this busy summer. The original plan was to go in June until we found out that is when the school scheduled my oldest sons drivers training. So we took vacation time off work for nothing, LOL Now we can only get off work around August..Hope its not during the show....

Kevin

smoreau

The show is the first weekend in aug. I hope to see you there and cant wait to get that key rack to hang up my :thumbs: keys on! Your work is great! and thank you again.