Sign in to follow this  
TJ

SEMPER FI

TJ

After being deployed with the 1st Marine Div. in Afganistan for the last year, my son is back on U.S. soil at Camp Pendleton.

31976_1483109998650_1260840039_31385273_2819611_n-1.jpg

13331_1269999751027_1260840039_30825288_6407715_n.jpg

45175_1574235036719_1260840039_31648205_7969079_n-1.jpg

41186_1574219956342_1260840039_31648136_5690704_n-1.jpg

44544_1574231516631_1260840039_31648199_3391296_n.jpg

45405_1574231716636_1260840039_31648201_8018955_n.jpg

40284_1574258397303_1260840039_31648239_3460859_n-1.jpg

IMG_0416.jpg

I have so much pride in my son, Jeff, and joy in his safe return. I know that a couple of his friends made the long silent trip home before him; I grieve for their families and salute the young men for making the ultimate sacrifice to a grateful nation.

Tom

C-Series14

Congrats TJ... :thumbs:

In that first pic, I can tell ya he is flying on one heck of a machine!!! I just got back from C-17 school and those babies are our next aircraft! We have a couple on the ground already...

HorseFixer

Yes I know you do, and rightfully so :thumbs: I can see it in your face when you and I have talked about him.

And besides that you taught the lad to root for the best football team! :thumbs: That alone makes him # 1 with The Duke :thumbs:

hounddoghundzsa

Congats and Semper Fidelis! Thank you for sharing - takes me back a few

years.

Duff

Thanks for sharing, and thank HIM for his service on behalf of all of us! :thumbs:

Duff :thumbs: :thumbs:

stevebo

TJ-Congrats on the great news !!! :thumbs:

VinsRJ

Congrats and thank you for your family's service :thumbs:

bgrindle

Congrats and thank you for your family's service :thumbs:

Ditto!

JimD

Tom, thanks for posting this great news. I know how proud you are of your son, and I too am grateful for Jeff's service to protect our freedom. Thank you Jeff.

sorekiwi

I'm glad he made it home OK, and grateful for his service to the country.

Buzz

Thank your son for us, we are glad he made it home safely. My son is in special operations command, Djibouti Africa (Somalia's neighbor) He's due home in July. He did his Iraq thing in 2007-2008 (helicopter crash, building blowing up with him inside). It's hard not to worry.......... As John Milton said "they also serve who stand and wait." God bless our troops.

racinfool40

Welcome Home MARINE!!!!Thanks for sharing the info TJ!!!! And them pics bring back alot of Memories..SEMPER FI !!! :thumbs::thumbs: :thumbs:

rmaynard

Great news TJ. Thanks for sharing. :thumbs:

Gerry w

Great news that he's home and safe. Marine, if your EVER in Vermont you have a place to stay at my house, it'd be my honor.

Can't thank him enough for the service he has given us.

Gerry

Irv

Great to hear he home safe and thanks to him and all those out there for us. Semper Fi USMC 1960-64 :thumbs:

MalMac

Thank your son for his service and thank you there Dad because it is very difficult on the family members that are waiting for a son or daughter to come home.

bk-scouter

TJ-

Please thank your son (and to all of our service men and women) for what they do for this country that my family and I love so much :thumbs: God bless them all!

-BK

Kelly

Tom that is great news, glad to here he's back, you need to contact the High school they have a wall dedicated to alumni that served in the armed forces, we just submitted my Dad and Uncle's names for the wall

TJ

Thank you to all of my friends here on Redsquare. I just talked to my son a few minutes ago by phone and told him of all of your complements and gratitude for his service to our country. He knows how much this forum means to me, so he asked that I thank you all for your kind words.

Tom

dclarke

Congrats TJ. on the safe return of your son and tell him how grateful we are for his service. :thumbs:

chesbaycruiser

....my son is back on U.S. soil at Camp Pendleton.

Always cause for celebration....Congrats!!!

:thumbs:

6wheeler

Good news TJ. Iam glad your fine son is home. My little brother(5 years younger) is going for his third tour. He leaves in 45 days for 6 mos. in Kuwait and then 6 mos. in Somalia. Unless of course, he gets extended duty again. His last deployment was just 1 and 1/2 years ago. Seems like he just got back. His last tour was in Folusia and then Bagdad and it was an 18 mo. deployment. I hope he retires after this one. Anyway, gongrats. I am very proud of the Men and Women that serve in our defense.. God Bless Them All.

stevasaurus

That is great news TJ...good for you and your son. Tell him "Thank You" for his service. Any chance he will be at Charlott with you this year?? :thumbs:

Dockfishin

A lot to be proud of there Tom :thumbs:

He sure has grown in the years I've known you, you've raised 2 good kids hats off too ya. It wasn't that long ago he was a little kid going around the pool table. Where has the time went.

PS do they use armor all in the military? :thumbs: Inside joke... :thumbs: