Sign in to follow this  
Horse'n Around

We're here :)

Horse'n Around

Howdy everyone, well we got here safe and sound,actually weve been here since Feb 2nd but I have not had any access to the internet. Well today they finally got it installed so Im back :thumbs: I would have checked in earlier but I had no access to the today so I wasn't able to check in with y'all and let you know how things have been going.

The trip went real good with the exception of some problems with the Penski truck which suddenly developed the need to die and not want to start in Virginia. Were starting to get the feel of settling in a bit. Phillip is doing good... he has decided that he prefers to lay next to the radiator/heater...he definitely loves his comfort:) After a day or so I ventured out to see whats around that I would be interested in and I pretty much found everything Ill be needing... a Tractor Supply Co and a Harbor Freight a few minutes from my place so it looks like Im in good shape :thumbs: One thing tho.... theres no Chinese buffet to be found around here at least none that I have found yet :drool: I did find out something interesting....my mailing address says I live in Pottsville, but I actually live a block outside of Minersville. I have really nice neighbors around me and they made us feel right at home. When we got here there was about 8 inches of snow on the ground but as of today its just about all melted and now theres a mucky black mud in its place.... now I know why theres a mud room :drool:

Now for the really,really, really wonderful news.... just before we left my son JJ told us that he and his girlfriend Damariz are going to get married :thumbs: I couldn't be happier, shes a really sweet girl and they are a great couple. And on top of that they are talking about transferring to Fredericksburg,VA so they can be closer to "Pappy". . He works for Geico and he can transfer to the Geico in Fredericksburg.The move is their idea and Im so happy I could just cry (yup when it comes to my family, especially JJ I get real emotional) I was a single parent and I raised him by myself and no matter how old he is or gets he will always be my little boy!!!! JJ made the trip with us to PA and it gave us a lot of time to have really great in depth conversations.

Well thats it for now.... I figured yalll havent had a novel from me to read in a few weeks so.......

Its good to be in PA, Now to look for some parts for my Horses, and maybe make some additions too :thumbs:

John

tommy3horse

Hello John;

Been following your story for awhile now. Glad you made it safely! Now you're in WH country for sure. :thumbs: Good luck on your new digs. Welcome back...

Tom

:thumbs:

Trouty56

Glad you made it safe and sound. As for Chinese...you'll find one, or two, or three. There are at least 5 in Gettysburg and even more in the Carlisle area. Heck, even the Giant grocery store has decent Chinese take out.

Cool news about your son.

Later,

Redbirdman

Well, glad ya made it there 'Red Rider!' been starting to wonder if you got lost there on 40 or got swallowed up in Little Rock or something????

But it sure is lonely now here in AZ.............if you search Wheel Horse on Craigs List all you get is wheel chairs and HORSES!

Good luck with the new joint and the kids!

ED :thumbs:

PS: work on that PA accent k?

Boat is boot

Food is fued

Phone is fuuen :thumbs:

Sparky

Good to see ya back John. Great news about the upcoming wedding!

Mike.......

DMK855

Glad you made it safe and sound John!! I was just looking for your number the other day to call, but must have misplaced it!! Keep in touch!! Great news about your son!!

stevebo

It may be time for a screen name change? Congrats on your long awaited move :thumbs:

JimD

Good to see you back John. Congrats on the move and the upcoming wedding! :thumbs:

dclarke

Glad you're back John, congrats on your move and to your son. Keep those stories coming, i always enjoy reading them.

Gene_S

Glad you made it safely John... :thumbs:

HorseFixer

John glad your trip was a success and you made it to your new home! :thumbs: Yer not to far from my Pal's ~ Ray & Linda Baker known as (Suburban 550) they live in Shenandoah, around 13 miles from you and are probably a pretty close WH contact they are both wonderful people! Congratulations to your son on his engagement! :thumbs:

Take care ~Duke

racinfool40

Welcome back John, Glad you had a safe trip & Congrats on the opcoming wedding!!! :thumbs:

rmaynard

Good news all around. Welcome to the area. Hope to see you at the WHCC show in June.

clintonnut

Couple thinhs you should see:

Harley davidson factory tour york,pa

Carlisle car shows: carlisle, pa

Plenty of tractor shows And plenty to show at tractor shows!

The only thing that sux about pa is the property taxes and traffic/roads

mavfreak

I was just wondering how things were going for you. I'm glad to see you made it ok.

Congratultions on the upcoming wedding and the new home and the fact that your son will be moving closer all great news!

AMC RULES

Glad you're back, safe and sound Az...oops...PaTrooper. :thumbs: You're in the heart of it now. :thumbs:

Operator

I've been wondering how you're doing. Glad to see you made it without too much trouble.

Now for the official name change

stevasaurus

Glad to see you finally made it OK...good news all around.

And here is some more great news....there is a significant snow storm headed your way. :thumbs: It is going through Wisconsin right now and should be there Monday or Tuesday. Enjoy buckaroo :thumbs:

WH854

Welcome To Pa. :thumbs: Glad you got through all the snow storms!! Congrats on your sons wedding.

Chas

jdpuller

glad to see you made it :thumbs:

congrats on the wedding too.

smoreau

:thumbs: Glad you made it , have to look you up some time when I head out your way know that your in :thumbs: country. :thumbs:

Horse'n Around

Thanks for the welcome back. I know it might sound strange but I have really been looking forward to getting back on the internet and being able to interact with my friends here. I consider yall my friends and getting back here in touch with everyone feel real good . Mike, talk about saving my life, thank you for finding places around here where I can get my Chinese fix. Theres one in Gettysburg that I love called Mayflower buffet YUM!!!!! It seems like Ed is now the last remaining official Wheel Horse addict in AZ. I know how lonely it is being a WH addict so far away from your nearest "fix". Just know , if its any help I will do my best to help you out finding parts and such from my end if your ever in need. I know what you mean about the slang here. I guess everywhere has their own way of saying things. When I lived here before it took all I had to keep from busting out laughing the first time someone said to me "youns" which loosely translates to you all. Regional dialects are neat. I have been told more than once out here that I have an accent which is wierd because I always felt like we in Az and that area are void of any type of speech difference other than maybe a well developed vocabulary of swear words, heck Ive even made a few colorfull ones of my own up when I could find just the "right one" from the hum drum everyday list of profanity :thumbs:

Im looking forward to gettin in touch with Ray (Suburban 550) as well as others in my neck of the woods.I cant wait to actually meet the folks that I know from here. Im defineately going to be attending the show in June. I dont know if Ill bring a tractor or not. Mine are not much to look at yet and to tell you the truth Im hoping that I might need the room for bringing some home :thumbs:

I tried to change my "name" to Red Ryder ad well as Red Rider but they are both taken and spoken for :thumbs: so during my trek from Az to here I gave the matter a lot of thought because as you know, this is a very important life changing and really a defining moment in my life and I thought up a couple. I checked and the first one which is what I really wanted I think might already be taken is Horse'n Around but my back up is Horse Play. I think I remember Karl mentioning to me that any of the moderators can change it for me . Im crossing my fingers that one of them is free.

Thanks again for all the support guys, your the greatest!

John

Sparky

Enjoy the new name John!

Mike.........