Sign in to follow this  
rob65

Straight from the Horses mouth

rob65

There are two for sale on Amazon for $315.00 :thumbs: I had to look twice. Can someone explain why these books are so expensive? (no longer in print I imagine?)

jcb857

How many were published and how many editions are there?

can whlvr

any one hear about another run,i would like to get one,dont want to pay that kind of money though :thumbs:

sscotsman

There are two for sale on Amazon for $315.00 :thumbs: I had to look twice. Can someone explain why these books are so expensive? (no longer in print I imagine?)

yes, out of print..

high demand + low supply = big $$$. :thumbs:

there have been several threads about this book over the past year..

there is hope that another printing might eventually happen, but there is no guarantee of that..meanwhile, anyone who wants the book has to pay the big bucks..

I am also hoping to get a copy someday..I would love to read it!

but I wont be paying more than "normal" price for it..so unless another printing happens, I wont be owning this book anytime soon, if ever.

icon_blue_very_sad.gif

Scot

rydogg

I got lucky and found the second edition on craigslist and was able to have it shipped...if it would have gone to ebay I would have never been able to afford it.

Gene_S

Just listed a NEW, NEVER READ copy of Mike Martino's first edition,

STRAIGHT FROM THE HORSES MOUTH.

E-Bay item # 320655093904

Starting bid...$.99, NO RESERVE !!!

How many NEW copies still exist...How much are they worth...

In seven days we will know, and somebody will have a PRIZE!!!!

Marv

NW Oh

"Never Read"... What a great selling point... Who would have thunk it... :thumbs:

marvairplanes

Starting bid...$.99, NO RESERVE !!!

How many NEW copies still exist...How much are they worth...

In seven days we will know, and somebody will have a PRIZE!!!!

Marv

NW Oh

"Never Read"... What a great selling point... Who would have thunk it... :thumbs:

Gene,

Yup...That is a correct description of the book I am selling.

I have several copies of both editions... different than the one I described on e-bay.

They came directly from the publisher, in white envelopes. The envelopes are sealed, and actually, I can and will send to the successful buyer a copy that is in an UNOPENED, SEALED white envelope.

I will even speculate that the copy which I will mail may never even have been touched by human hands!!!!! (That of course may be a stretch, but think about it...do you suppose some one actually stands at an assembly line and wraps dust covers around newly printed books, and then stuffs them into envelopes, licks the glue, and seals the envelope?)

My description of the book listed on e-bay is accurate and correct. It has never been read.

Marv

NW Oh

Gene_S

Starting bid...$.99,

marvairplanes

Starting bid...$.99,

Tim

how can you tell if it is a first or second edition?

I have on and am not sure

bitten

Tim the 2nd came with a CD

Ken B

It didn't take long for my Second Edition to fall apart. :thumbs:

Coadster32

It didn't take long for my Second Edition to fall apart.

I'm with you on that one. One drop, and the bind busted. :thumbs:

Tim

cool, I have a 1st edition

christmas gift from my dad

Kelly

Yup both mine are falling apart, the first edition the pages are coming out, the second edition, if I don't keep it under something heavy it warps bad, just a note to anyone looking to buy, the second edition is basically the same as the first with a few more pictures, and a CD.

neil

why are the first editions more expensive than the second ? .

I have two signed copies of the second edition and your are right in saying that they warp after a while. mine has started to warp.

does anyone know if there is going to be another edition to follow the first two?

Brrly1

Ok, here is probably a goofy question. Does anybody here know of anybody that rebinds books? Is that even possible? I myself do not know anything about this and thought I would ask. I have both copies and basically haven't even looked at them. Frank in case you want to know, I haven't even checked out the gal on oops forgot the page # but anyways they are in hallway closet drawer with manuals stacked on top. Is rebinding possible and how much would it cost? :thumbs:

:thumbs:

Redbirdman

what happened to the talk about a third edition being presented

My FIRST edition (yippee red and gold) is near perfect except for page 73)....jus kidding..

ed

Dresden Guy

A possibility is to contact the publisher and negotiate a "cost-to-copy" price or even get a commitment for a 3rd edition "Commemorative" printing. Someone with copyright and publishing savvy (an attorney who works with patents and copyrights) might be able to get a very reasonable agreement with the publisher or whoever has the rights to the original book, to make a 3rd edition available to maybe 2000 - 3000 Wheel Horse afficionados. I'll buy one or two copies myself. :thumbs:

It's worth a try...... are there any pro bono minded attorneys who are members of RS????

Someone once said, "Where there's a will, there's a way" :thumbs:

Nick

I had never heard of problems with the first edition but do remember when the printed in China 2nd edition was released its quality did come into question. My 1st edition has been well used and shows no loose pages yet.

sgtsampay

So there is a thrid edition bei9ng made?

Rollerman

I have one 1st addition & a pair of 2nd addition books.

The 1st addition has held up great with no problems & is of better quality IMOP.

Of the two 2nd addition books I have, the one is signed by Cecil & the pages are coming loose just from opening up to see that.

nylyon

My signed second edition is holding up just fine. Haven't listened to the CD yet though.

mavfreak

there is a place near me that bebinds books for churches, Bibles, hymnals, and such. I don't know if they do other books or just religious printings. I'm sure there is places that do rebind books open the yellow pages and look around.

WH854

Books are like any think else you have to treat them with respect!!! You can,t throw them around like a football, they aren't made for that kind of treatment. I have the second addition, I use it for refrence a lot, still together :thumbs:

Chas :thumbs: