Sign in to follow this  
stevasaurus

Avelanche

stevasaurus

Since we all seem to be suffering from cabin fever and are bored to death, I offer this little guessing game. This has been hanging on my garage since last Tuesday's storm. I go out and watch it every day wondering how it can still hang in there. :thumbs:

So, venture a guess as to when you think this will let go...the winner will get some of this snow mailed to them if they want. :thumbs: To make an educated guess, keep an eye on the weather in Chicago.

2010_0211temp0001.jpg

AMC RULES

Forcasters are predicting temps in the 50's by next week, so you gotta believe it's days are numbered. :thumbs:

64s

Sunday Feb 13th 3:45pm.

6wheeler

Saturday, Feb.12th at 6:12 pm cst. About the time your wife is getting in the car for the early Valentines dinner you have to take her out for. Because you spent too much time on RS making this challenge :thumbs:

farmer

Will you be watching it ,minute by minute, ready to record its demise?!!

I'll call the doctors! :thumbs:

Sparky

I bet it falls right when your walkin under it Steve :thumbs: . Maybe you should wear a helmut anytime your outside till it falls :thumbs: . And we're gonna need a pic of you wearing that helmut :thumbs: .

Mike........

stevasaurus

I should be able to be accurate within a 2 hour period for it's demise. Sorry, no helmet here, but I have been told I am hard headed. :thumbs:

Actually, it was this game or pictures of the longest icicles...which we may want to do. I have some that are over 5 feet on the south side of the house. :thumbs:

mowerman1193

Well What happen? I have a hard time believing its still there..

Kevin

rmaynard

Maybe someone ought to send out the St. Bernard with a keg of Rock N Rye to see if Steve's buried under it. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Not to be known as one who does not finish a thread...I do have the answer. I was going to post it earlier today, but did not think there was really any interest. So between liking to hear my own voice, and not being one who does not finish a thread here is the answer:

The snow was still there at 10:00PM Sunday night...it was gone in the morning when I looked at 4:30AM. The weird thing is...it started dripping in the afternoon on Sunday and there was no pile of snow on the driveway in the morning. I can only guess that it never did fall, it just melted away. I have no snow to mail the winner. :thumbs: , but the time frame is there. :thumbs:

On a side...I hate this February thaw. It was fun watching that snow hang in there and checking on it all the time. Now that the weather got nice... I feel bad that I did not do anything all day. I did not feel bad not doing anything all day before this. :thumbs::drool::drool: :thumbs:

JimD

Steve, you lucky devil, you're living a charmed life. Sittin there watchin snow melt. How much better can it be? :thumbs: :thumbs:

AMC RULES

Thanks for the update Steve, I was beginning to worry that we'd never find out what really happened to it. Shocking that it just...wait for it...just disappeared. :thumbs:

Operator

Steve I have a problem with your so called snow storm, I just got back from your neck of the woods. Going down thrusday night I had 551 degrees and hardly any snow! Got up in the morniing in Chicago and no snow! Maybe a little in shaded areas Went over to the Naperville area and same thing no snow!

You sure you got all that snow? Or was it Photo Cropped? :thumbs:

I get home at 9 friday night to 18 degrees and snow all around. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

And you did not stop by...you were in Narerville and did not stop by :thumbs: I was batching it and ordered a pizza last Thursday. You are right to question all the snow though...it only snowed at my house. :thumbs: Rock-N-Rye :thumbs:

Operator

Time is the deciding factor. I have your number in my cell so when it works out I'll be calling. Heading out tonight to beat the snow coming, going to Cleveland this time.