Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Grounhog day

6wheeler

Hey, you guys out in Pa. Thanks for holding that big umbrella over your giant rat. Spring is coming :ROTF::banghead: :thumbs:

rmaynard

Was it a live groundhog or the stuffed one? I heard that the real one died and they were bringing out the stuffed one. :banghead: No wonder he didn't see his shadow!!

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf...in_eastern.html

Anyway, I hope that spring is right around the corner. That means that summer, and the Wheel Horse show is not far behind.

Kelly

Can't prove it by today's weather!!! wind chill -5 and snowing.

Sparky

Anyway, I hope that spring is right around the corner. That means that summer, and the Wheel Horse show is not far behind.

AMEN!!

Mike......

Gerry w

I LIKE ground hogs!! They taste good!! :banghead:

sscotsman

Phils forecast has never really made sense to me:

"The Groundhog Day celebration is rooted in a German superstition that says if a hibernating animal casts a shadow on Feb. 2, the Christian holiday of Candlemas, winter will last another six weeks. If no shadow was seen, legend said spring would come early"

So "Six more weeks of winter" is the "long winter" prediction, and "spring will come early" is the other prediction..but six more weeks IS an early spring! :thumbs:

you cant really get Spring any earlier than Mid-March..having four more weeks of winter (Phils "early spring" prediction, beginning of March) is a virtual impossibility..Maybe in Virginia (or Germany) spring can arrive in early March..but not here, and also not likely in Punxsutawney, PA..I think they need to adjust Phil's predictions for North America! :banghead: If spring arrived six weeks from now that would definately be "an early spring"..8 weeks from now would be "a long winter"..(also called a "normal winter")

Scot

AMC RULES

Early gets my vote. :banghead: