Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Snow f#$@%*g snow

6wheeler

What a wonderful winter we are having. We are truly blessed. I am sorry you guys out in the Northeast are getting it now(not really) :hide:. We across the beautiful state of Minnesota, according to the national weather service have between 50 and 70 inches of snow so far this season. I am fortunate enough to be in the 70 inch part. Of course, with the 30 to 50mph. winds that seem to follow these storms, some places look like there isn't that much. My yard is NOT one of those places. Yesterday and today, we are having a heatwave 28 degrees yesterday and 31 forcasted for today :thumbs::ROTF:. But it will be short lived. Perhaps 1"to 3" inches around rush hour. Very small amount by comparison, but then 25+ mph. winds and back into the freezer next week :hide:. We still have our 2 snowiest months to come yet :banghead:. But wait, I'm not done whining yet. The national weather service predicted yesterday that we will have possibly the worst FLOODING we have seen in 14 years. No way! Are you kidding me? The deer and turkeys have been up in the yard. But unless they start paying for fuel, they are not using the skid loader to dig for food anymore!!! But after all, this is Minnesota. So I guess we should be used to it. And, I wouldn't want to live anywhere else so I guess I should quit whining. Well, I gotta go outside now and get busy on the ark.....Have Fun Pat

stevasaurus

and I thought we in the Chicago area were going to have all the fun this year. :banghead::thumbs: :ROTF:

sgtsampay

I don;t know the total amount of snow we have gotten where in Maine but I bet it darn close to the yearly average. Many, 1-2 storms per week adds up quick. LOL.

dkopp

Be thankful you didn't get something like this.

This was the only structure standing for 30 miles.

2009IceStormDamage001.jpg

Another picture showing two lines completely destroyed. It took till June to get them back up.

2009IceStormDamage006.jpg

This was a sample of the ice that was on the conductor. It weighed 2 pounds and was about 12 inches long. This caused about 10,000 lbs of ice loading on each structure on this particular line.

Icesample001.jpg

I'll take snow ANY day! Some people did without power for 3 weeks. No way to get gas or diesel from local gas stations, store owners lost lots of inventory with groceries, etc.

jusjeepn

Dan, All I see in those pics is $$$$$$.$$ going in my bank account :ROTF::banghead: :thumbs:

sgtsampay

Ok so the news said that we got 55in so far this yeay. Wow. Our average is about 70in. LOL.

stevasaurus

Sometimes we forget what nature can do... :banghead:

HorseFixer

Dan, looks like if I Lived there, I would have to build and Ice Chucker! :banghead: