Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

I got bit__ed at by a Hypocrite

mavfreak

I stopped to put gas in my 96 f150. Nothing special about this truck its a 4.9L Strait 6 4X4 with a 5speed extended cab. Nothing more nothing less.

Well as I was pumping gas A lady came up to me and started telling me how I am driving the prices of gas up and My gas hog of a truck should be band from the highways and destroyed.

I didn't say a thing cause in some ways its true, but wait what does she climb into upon leaving but a Brand new G-class mercedes Benz.

So I get home and look this SUV up and wow it gets 11/15 mpg

Lady I religiously check my mileage and guess what I average 13/15 MPG.

Have to laugh

mavfreak

O by the way I really never checked mileage on a highway trip yet. I would guess it would be a bit better on the highway but not by much. The mileage I quoted was basic around town mileage.

VinsRJ

What this country needs to learn is to just keep their nose on their own face.

Mavfreak, lets not overlook..... she was also making the statement that your Ford was no match for her superior Benz. I would have retorted with two words and the first wouldn't have been "Love".

:banghead:

nylyon

That's funny. We have a Jeep Cherokee which on a good day will get 17. It's not the big Grand Cherokee, it's the regular old fashioned Cherokee which is actually pretty small. No one would really complain about that being a gas guzzler Then there's my jumbo sized 8,000 lbs, F250 which on a normal day will get 21 mph Highway and 15 city, and I'm sure there are MANY thinking it's a fuel pig! Sure it's no Honda Civic, but a Honda can't pull an 11,000 lbs trailer either

mavfreak

I had a '01 F250 I know it got great gas mileage. My Stepdad just purchased a Dodge with the hemi and it got 24mpg on a trip to Virgina. My uncle purchased a Honda truck and sold it it never did any better than 19mpg. He now has a chevy that gets 25mpg. Sometimes people look at the brand of vehicle and say well its a _____ it must get good mileage.

I really wanted to say something but sometimes a smile and "have a good day" will piss some off more than the argument.

TT

I see it everyday at work amidst the parking lot loaded with Jaguar, Benz, Cadillac, Corvette, and BMW machinery.

It's a shame that money can't buy the one thing most "loaded" people are lacking......

COMMON SENSE! :banghead:

Redbirdman

On a very narrow country road in NJ I slowed to a stop (with my 4 ways flashing)and zig zagged my tandem dump across the road preparing to back into a driveway where I was going to dump a load of 3/4 blu-stone. A middleaged, well dressed woman in a big car had to wait a few seconds as my Mack lumbered backwards across the swail into the driveway.

She jumped out of her car screaming and waving her hands and yelling about me making her late and bla bla bla,,,,,,, I did not hear everything, but what stuck in my mind was her comment: "Why do you idiots have to back in everywhere? Why can't you just pull in like every one else?" :thumbs: then she drove away :banghead:

To this day I can't help but think of a picture of dumptrucks everywhere pulling in to dump a load, then backing out over the 20ton pile............ :ROTF:

but my point is not that she was a woman, or bigmouthed or clueless.....but some people just seem to think they "hold the keys" to everyone's world, just because they may be the boss in their own little world.........ya know?

ed

stevasaurus

Heath...how come that kind of stuff never happens to me? :ROTF: I would have loved that to happen to me on a bad day...if I ever had a bad day. :banghead:

Redbirdman...sounds like you ran into my sister-in-law. :thumbs:

rickv1957

Some people just dont know any better!! :banghead:

chazm

Well after reading these posts ... Its makes you want to tell these a-holes....

HERE'S YOUR FREAKIN SIGN, IDIOT :thumbs:

Chaz :banghead:

Ken B

I would have told her to go pound sand. My Jeep Grand Cherokee gets 21 mpg on the highway and when I put the Shelby into 5th on the highway and let her stretch her legs I can get 26 mpg. The wife's Subaru WRX only gets 23 mpg! Maybe with all the drivin she does its her fault I'm broke! :banghead:

6wheeler

Just Too Damn Funny. It really makes me wonder why this country is screwed up. My 94 F250/7.5L gets all of about 11mpg. Its a little better on the highway, but, I'll tell you what, she'll haul the mail. Thats for sure. My 98 suburban will do 13 to 15 around town, and 20+ on the highway. So, bite me Benz lady. And Ed, I'm with ya man. I drive a 05 KW concrete mixer, its a rear discharge so I have to back everywhere. People complain when I go down their street cuz I'm wrecking their road. I ask them "how the hell do think your house got built"? One nice sunny day, I was backed into a driveway. The contractor was wheeling off 10 yards of mud, so I was behind the truck unloading. This Lady(I will call her that) came over to tell me I make alot of noise and am damaging her road. I didn't respond, so she promptly walked across the street, got in her new Camry(I assume it was new, no plates and a sticker in the back window). And, backed very rapidly out of her driveway. She was so busy on her phone calling someone( I'm sure to complain) that she didn't turn in time. Guess what happened next :ROTF: She backed sraight across the road and right into my truck :thumbs:. That was my very 1st load with that truck, It was brand new :banghead:. No damage to the truck but the tow hook went right through her tail light and caved in the right rear fender. What was really funny, was listening to her complain to the police officer. He had all he could do not to laugh. Maybe someday, The common sense train will come back around. And, alot more people will get on this time... Pat

cletus

not sure how much you guys are paying per litre,but our unleaded petrol is

nylyon

If I converted properly, we're at

cletus
If I converted properly, we're at

jtmoyer

i just get in my big suburban and drive (14mpg down hill) on a good day it will get 12. but it is like a bus having to hall all 6 kids around. i would cost me as much to take 2 cars everywhere i went.

i guess i should have been "green friendly" and had less kids. :banghead:

puddlejumper

REDBIRD :banghead:

We were digging a city waterline across a street one time,barricades and signage everywhere..Had a triaxle backed in loading dirt from the ditch ,moved barricade frm in front f truck so he culd pull ut when loaded and when he did a woman came whipping through as he pulled out we Starting yelling and she slammed on her brakes and SLID to a stop with her bumper hanging over the trench. She said well he just came through there and then wanted to know if we had permission to be doing the work. NO we just needed a place to dig today and this looked like a good spot!Is what dad told her as he swung out of the excavator. The look of Im a dumba$$ was priceless when it came over her face. I will never forget it.

Docwheelhorse

I would be PROUD to drive that 300 Straight six and if given the opportunity to take a new Mercedes G class or that "Old and Comfortable" Ford I would take the Ford ---and thats coming from a diehard Chevy guy!! :banghead:

Tony

P.S.--I own a 1985 Chevy K20 with a 292 (4.8 liter) Straight six and a four on the floor. I get around 12 and I wouldn't trade it for a Mercedes either!!!

mavfreak

tony I think John Wayne said it all!

stevebo

My 03' Z71 Tahoe gets 12-14 mpg and I do a lot of driving. I decided to find a little car to travel. I picked up a 98 Nissan 200SX. I figure my break even in my investment vs what I am saving in gas will be about 8-9 months but well worth it. I just cannot see dumping $70 every 3 days to refill :banghead:

Redbirdman

I love the truck stories..............and they could go on forever! :ROTF:

Not to bash women, (I kinda like them myself) but anytime a woman complains that trucks are ruining the roads, or wasting gas or precious oil, or are spreading chemical polutants in the air you could remind them of these three facts!

An 80 thousand pound 18 wheeler exerts less pounds per square inch on the pavement than a 130 lb woman walking in high heels..........

Over 100 24 thousand gallon tankcars ship "baby oil" every day (A highly refined, sulfer removed version of engine oil)

Over 100 8 thousand gallon tank trailers of Acetone are shipped each day from East Coast tank farms alone for the nail polish industry!

:hide:

And all men do is consume beer and

PRODUCE gas! :thumbs:

ed :banghead:

mavfreak

To me i wasn't about the woman but more of the hypocritical nature of her thinking and mentality. She looked at my old rusty truck and her first thought was "gas hog" and I even thought as I looked at her benz "well its as big as my truck but its a benz must get decent mileage". So we were wrong in our logic. If she was in a prius or something this thread would never had been posted. It even stunned me that the mileage of the benz was that low. But I guess if you can afford a 100k+ vehicle then gas prices probably don't hurt as much as a guy with a $2500 truck. I wouldn't trade my truck in on one of those but maybe a new F250 that gets close to double the mileage as the benz.

HorseFixer

Mav how come come you guys get lucky and get fun confrontations like that :banghead: Jeesh I would have had fun with that! :thumbs: