Sign in to follow this  
Gene_S

Earthquake WOW

Gene_S

About 7:55am this morning I was getting ready to get cleaned up to go see the doctor and I would have sworn someone just crashed their car into my house. Come to find out it was a 4.2 magnitude earthquake centered about 13 miles southeast of Kokomo Indiana. This was my first time I've ever felt a earthquake and hopefully the last...

Brrly1

Gene, I guess you can say you have lived a sheltered life. I have been thru a few earthquakes in Southern Calif. . Also been thru a few tornadoes. Tornadoes were the scariest. It was fun during the earthquakes though. Standing at a bridgeport mill all of a sudden the mill starts moving as you just started making your initial cut into a block of aluminium, you start thinking did I take to much at one time because the whole machine starts shaking its like yikes what did I do now. Have a Great day Gene Talk to you soon See Ya, Bye Burly :ychain:

:D

T-Mo

Gene,

I lived relatively close to the New Madrid Fault and earthquakes is something that's on the back of your mind. From the information I read, an earthquake at the New Madrid fault has the potential to do damage in several states. The last time it "quaked" it change the course of the Mississippi River and did severe damage to several surrounding states including Missouri. From what I've read, it's a time bomb. So when I hear about an earthquake, even if it's not centered around the New Madrid fault, it scares me.

Tornadoes also scare me as they tend to crop up all around us here. And with the temperatures climbing today and tomorrow, that's enough reason to make me feel uneasy as warm weather in December and January can bring on tornadoes when the next cold front comes along....warm weather here in December, January and February usually brings severe weather when the temps start to go down.

Rollerman

Gene I just seen that on the news.

This morning I was makeing my 1st round on the computer sitting leaned back in the chair about that time & felt a weird shake or vibration.

I assumed it was a train, but there wasn't any running through town at that point so I figured I had the shakes.

Strange that it was this tremor & people further north had reported feeling it too.

rickv1957

I also seen that earthquake on the news!!

HorseFixer

Gene,

I lived relatively close to the New Madrid Fault and earthquakes is something that's on the back of your mind. From the information I read, an earthquake at the New Madrid fault has the potential to do damage in several states.

Terry, I seen a program about that on the history channel and that was pretty scary! :D Yep there would be devastation beyond belief. City's would crumble which causes fire and explosions in thousands of square miles. It would make any disaster this earth has seen look minuscule :ychain:

Gene_S

Terry I literally went to every window in the house and looked for a crashed car. After not seeing anything I was pretty scared of what it could have been. As for the weather these days, we have some of the strangest weather anymore. The strength of the summer storms are so much more then they ever were when I was a kid 35 years ago. Whats next...

buckeye

What's next you ask? Well, we haven't had a blizzard in our area since 1978...... :ychain:

Gene_S

Bryan call me crazy... but I'll take one anytime... :ychain:

buckeye

:D I like the way you think Gene :ychain:

porkchop

:ychain: I'll vote for the blizzard!!!

earlleecliffton

i felt it in nw ohio

Buzz

Are they positive that it wasn't an after shock from when Duke fell the other day? :ychain: I'm going to go hide now in case he falls again :D

I have a funny feeling that I'm going to pay for this somehow, sometime.

jusjeepn

Yep! 4.2, just about 19 miles from my house! No damage! The kids were all asleep and didn't even know it happened. I was at work and my wife calls me and says we just had an earthquake. I felt it but but had no idea it was a quake until she called! Guess I need to take out some more insurance :ychain:

Gerry w

Are they positive that it wasn't an after shock from when Duke fell the other day? :ychain: I'm going to go hide now in case he falls again :D

:D:D :hide:

stevasaurus

Are they positive that it wasn't an after shock from when Duke fell the other day? :ychain: I'm going to go hide now in case he falls again B)

:D:hide::D

:D:D Actually, believe it or not, the solar system is starting to pass through the plane of the Milky Way Galaxy. I am not sure the Myan Calendar reflects the end of time, but the fact is we are passing through that plane. Gravity is a huge force on a galactic scale...you can see what the moon does with the tides...I do not think it is to far reaching to think that passage is going to go unscathed. Titanic plates moving, and even a possible shift in the axis of the earth...oh oh...that happened with the earth quake in Haiti. We have seen volcanoes, tidal waves, earth quakes (one was here last year), weird weather, cats & dogs sleeping together, etc. I would think it will happen for a few years after also...remember...galactic scale. :D It is not over yet...set up a plan and be prepared. B)

JimD
Are they positive that it wasn't an after shock from when Duke fell the other day?

MikesRJ

One too many of them Indiana Hay sticks methinks.

Indy w h

I didn't know I caused a earthquake this morning............

All I did was drop my billfold :D:ychain:

Indy

Gene_S

9:30pm and we just had another earthquake... Think I'll sleep outside tonight...

Operator

SAVE THE HORSES!!!! INS.?

Steve you forgot about earth switching polarity! The magnetic fields.

Randy

mowerman1193

They say that quake was felt here in Michigan about 10 mile south of me. I was lazy that day and still in bed at that time. maybe that is what woke me up though as I did get up shortly after 8..

Gene, your avatar picture looks very nice..

Kevin

wh500special

So when I hear about an earthquake, even if it's not centered around the New Madrid fault, it scares me.

Me too.

Tornadoes also scare me as they tend to crop up all around us here. And with the temperatures climbing today and tomorrow...

Geez Terry, you should be predicting things around here.

9 tornadoes just north of you here in St. Louis today!

Hang in there,

Steve

Gene_S

Gene, your avatar picture looks very nice..

Kevin

Thanks Kevin... You do great work!!! :ychain:

The wife says she would like to have 6 more for next years tree... So I'll be ordering more sometime if thats ok...

mowerman1193

Thanks Gene, just let me know when your ready for more. If your coming to the Michigan show again this year I might have some there along with new designs.

Back to the weather, It's almost like spring time out this morning with temps in the mid 40's when I got up. But I do see the temps falling. Better get out while its nice out.

Kevin