Sign in to follow this  
HorseFixer

I had a fight with Rocky Balboa!

HorseFixer

Went to the Dr. This week cause I had some Bronchitis, Doc gave me some Amoxicillin and I was on the Mends but still had a pretty bad cough. <_<

I had taken the 21st to after New Years off for the holidays and this last Thursday had to take MJ to a Dr's appointment that got moved up to the morning from the afternoon! Went out and started the Car & brushed it off, got about an 1" that had fallen. Went to get my other set of glasses out of the Jeep and Ker-pow that 1" of snow was also covering a sheet Of black ice in the driveway, I went a$$ end over apple cart and fell on my left side with my arm jammed up in the ribcage from the fall :D needless to say knocked the wind outta me real good. :D anyways after scraping myself up off the driveway, Took MJ to the Dr and Ole Doc could see me squirming trying to get comfortable and he talked me into going next door and get X rayed. What they found was a fractured Rib. Oh and the cough and Broncitis.... WoW what a time to get a fractured Rib! B) Has anyone ever had a broken or fractured Rib? :hide: I now know how Apollo Creed felt after Going a Round With Rocky! :ychain: Hurts like a Mother.... Pour me another round of Capt'n Morgan! :D

wheelhorse656

well thats sure a case of bad luck! :ychain: i hope you get to feeling better soon! :D

rickv1957

Get better soon there Bob!!!!! :ychain:

d180man

Hi 1 time got the air knocked out of me ! and i though it was all over !! :D it is not fun! but no fractured Ribs ! but hope you feel better !! :ychain: :D

Butch

I've had baby back ribs. Does that count? :ychain:

Rollerman

Broke two of them Duke when I got smacked by a backhoe bucket.

Doc taped me up & back to work I went.

You'll be okay....try not to laugh.....really it hurts.

Indy w h

Ouch!!!! Hope your feeling better soon !!!!

Indy

JimD

Gotta be careful Duke, the old bones don't heal as fast as they used to. Hope MJ is ok too.

dgoyette

Ouch that is bad timing with the cough from the bronchitis. I have not fractured one but did tear the muscles that hold them together and that took quite a long time to heal.

You get a very good appreciation for how much you use those muscles in the rib area when you injure them. They are involved in so much in the body's ability to move.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

rmaynard

Well this is a classic case of "closing the barn door after the horse gets out", but I will refer you to a thread that appeared on 12/11 of this year.

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/index.php?...c=23544&hl=trax

Another member had a similar situation.

Hope you mend quickly. It's tough to chuck snow with broken ribs.

Bob

jimbotelho

duke feel betterits not fun I know how you feel :ychain: :D

dclarke

I slipped on a pickup tail gate and ended up with cracked ribs a few years ago. No fun at all. Hope you have a speedy recovery Duke.

Sparky

Well that sucks Duke. Take it easy and get better soon.

Mike......

Gerry w

Sorry to hear of your spill and resulting pain. Be careful and I hope both of you are better soon.

MaineDad

Duke,

I have broken my ribs 3 different times during my football days. Hurts like hell just to breath let alone cough. Rest and be carefull.

massey

I broke 5 ribs once, had to sleep sitting up on the sofa for about a month. Two times during my recovery I has the urge to sneeze, but once the chest started to expand the pain was so intense I that never did sneeze. I can't imagine coughing is any better. Hang in there, hope your recovery is quick.

Kelly

Broke a rib or two when a chain came loose on the frame machine at work and hit me in the chest, sent me across the room into a wall then to the floor I dropped, I had a few ton of pressure on the chain when the frame on the car tore apart, the joys of being a bodyman, and yes I picked myself up and went back to work didn't know they were broke for a few days, when I couldn't breath very good and went to the DR.

And Rocky would have done more than crack your rib.

Ken B

Hope you get better soon Duke.

stevasaurus

Duke...never fear....Dr Stevasaurus is here. You are going to die Duke...but not for quite some time. :D

Seriously...did that coughing last year...thought I wasn't going to make it. Had to sleep sitting up, couldn't get up out of a chair...really painful.

The doctor in the emergency room told me about the "2 towel" method. Fold 2 towels into kind of a pillow...fold a few times. Place under your arm, by your elbow, with your arm positioned like it was in a sling. With your other hand...grab your wrist and pull against the hurt ribs when you cough. Hope you understand how I said all that. It really makes the pain somewhat bearable. Think I walked around with those towels for over a month. They went everywhere with me. :D

Good luck buddy...give me a call if you want. :ychain:

dcrage

I think Steve's suggestion would be really helpful -- I had a similiar experience 13 years ago when I had two artificial heart valves put in -- (Didn't have broken ribs, just had a sternum cut in two) -- Anyway the first day I was back on the cardiac floor (after my 2 or 3 days in the cardiac recovery area) an aide came in and gave me a heart shaped pillow to hold across my chest for times when coughing, sneezing, laughing, whatever -- I think everybody who had open heart surgery in that hospital got them -- At the time your immediate thought is "What good is this going to be?" -- Within a day or two I had become a complete believer and didn't let go of that damn pillow for the next month or so -- So again try Steve towel suggestion or something similar -- I bet it will help

Don1977

Sorry to hear that you cracked a rib. Get well soon. We need to see what you have for your next Wheel Horse modification's. Maybe remote control would help now.

dgjks6

Hope it heals quick for ya. Not much treatment for that except wait out the pain. And the bronchitis on top has to really stink.

Get well soon.

DOC in Kentucky

Listen to the doc !!! We are always right! :ychain:

Brrly1

Duke, hope you get well soon. Kick back feet up and watch some football. hopefully it will be a Big Ten year. Take care. See Ya, Bye

Burly :D

:ychain:

can whlvr

i feel for ya duke,i cracked two pulling a large rock with my 308.a knob on the rock caught a root and the tractor came over on top of me,the lift lever impaled my rib cage and fractured two.