Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

blizzard in the east

AMC RULES

Local TV weather is now predicting mid 50's and rain for New Years eve. WTF, that's just crazy talk. :ychain:

nylyon

Since I bought the snow blower for the 416-H I hadn't a chance to use it so I didn't even bother this year. Of course, THIS is the snow where it would have worked out great. Took quite a while for the 414-8 with the 48" plow to clear this stuff, but it's cleared now.

Gerry w

winds still real bad here...has it died down there Karl?? Or are you going to have to clean up in 1/2hr.??

nylyon

I'm going to have to clean up again, but I am glad that I got the bulk of it removed. The sun is starting to make the 3' drifts a little heavy. I had to run out and get some gas, the roads are still a mess here.

dgoyette

I got the bulk of mine done too. Had to do an adjustment on the 416 blower. I had it adjusted to lift high with a spacer on the flag and forgot to check if it was still necessary when I switched to 8 inch rims in front. So the blower was slightly too high even all the way down. I got to use the Ranger and the D-180. I am very impressed with both. The D is just amazing with the 56" blade and the Ranger surprised me with how much it will push. No photos yet.

HorseFixer

Duff, By the look of that Bike looks like you guys got about 14"-16" :ychain:

Stay warm & Safe!

zieg72

Enjoy it guys, we had our licks last couple of weeks, sun today here in NW Indiana...

stevasaurus

thanks for the pictures Mike and Duff...looks like it was quite a storm...man...when trains aren't running... :D:ychain: :D

Duff

Duff, By the look of that Bike looks like you guys got about 14"-16" :D

Stay warm & Safe!

Yeah, and those pictures I posted a couple hours ago? Coming down even harder now! I'm NOT looking forward to what's waiting for me at home tonight - the State usually plows me in solid. :ychain:

Duff :D

Butch

Don't know if it's a missprint but our local paper says we got 26.5" in my town of Dennisville. We were expecting to get the brunt of the storm down here and there is a lot here.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/feature...1cc4c03286.html

I was out driving my truck in circles again today making sure I can get out of our driveway.

HorseFixer

Don't know if it's a missprint but our local paper says we got 26.5" in my town of Dennisville. We were expecting to get the brunt of the storm down here and there is a lot here.

That Suck's! :D Looks like Im gonna get the Witch Doctors out and have um shift that snow over here! :ychain:

nylyon

Still kicking myself, the year I don't put the blower on the 416...... swell...

Butch

That Suck's! :D Looks like Im gonna get the Witch Doctors out and have um shift that snow over here! :ychain:

Hooga booga hoo!!

I know the minute I buy a blower it will quit snowing here! That's the kinda luck I have!

MaineDad

I'm uploading a 10 minute video of the C-120 blowing about 10 inches this morning. Stay tuned...

It's hard to figure out how much snow we have got because of the dang wind! Still snowing pretty hard right now so I'll have round two later tonight... :ychain:

MaineDad

Duff,

Do you work at Dartmouth Medical Center? It looks like it. Been there...

d180man

Hi mike nice photos!! :ychain::D :D

Duff

Duff,

Do you work at Dartmouth Medical Center? It looks like it. Been there...

Micah, I'm just down the road a piece at the College. The buildings in the background of the second picture are actually labs for the Dartmouth Medical School here on the main campus. I work in Public Safety for the College itself. The Medical Center has its own security unit; it's located about a mile and a half out of town.

The campus Health Center next door to my office is a small infirmary for non-serious cases. Everything that's of any consequence goes out to the big medical center. Hope your trip there wasn't for anything too serious!

Duff :ychain:

rickv1957

Have fun with all that snow!!!! :ychain:

NOSpam

Wonder who rode the bikes to work today. :ychain:

:D I was wondering the same thing!?!? :D

Pam

dgoyette

I'm uploading a 10 minute video of the C-120 blowing about 10 inches this morning. Stay tuned...

It's hard to figure out how much snow we have got because of the dang wind! Still snowing pretty hard right now so I'll have round two later tonight... :ychain:

Micah, I am dying to see this... checked U-tube twice!

My only update is I did round two after work. Single stage worked great once I got the height adjusted for the longer spindles with 8" rims.

I also will report my first WH snow casualty this year. Key sheared in the left side hub. That little Ranger pushed a lot of snow before that happened. Will have to find out what size key I need and she should be ready for the next storm.

MaineDad

Video #1

Duff

Nice vid, Micah - that set up is working very well!

Also noted you were getting the same cussed wind we're getting here. :ychain:

Duff :D

Gerry w

Great video Micah!!! :ychain:

We have GOT to get you a cab!! That thing is chucking it but good!! :D

MaineDad

Had to keep the chute pointed low because it would blow right back. The video was shot about 10am this morning during one of the lulls in the storm. Video #2 is processing right now...

MaineDad

Video #2: