Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

blizzard in the east

mavfreak

Ok I was watching the weather and there showing the storm heading up the cost.

I know we have many members up there, be careful stay warm and by gosh show some pictures!

MikesRJ

The "unfortunate" thing is it looks like it'll just barely graze my area. Damn shame too. I wanted to try out the new blower. Maybe divine providence will shift it just a tad to the west.

MaineDad

Both the C-120 and the 753 are gassed and ready. I ran the generator for a while today and filled up the gas cans. Extra firewood was brought in the garage.

We are under a blizzard warning here in Maine from 6pm tonight through Monday at 5pm. With 50 mph winds, I hope it's not wet snow. I'll update later...

Gerry w

We are under a blizzard warning here in Maine from 6pm tonight through Monday at 5pm. With 50 mph winds, I hope it's not wet snow. I'll update later...

Say What????

Micah, is this just for the coastal areas or what?? Not much on our TV's on this.

Thanks and good luck!

Gerry

dgoyette

12 - 18 inches along the coast is what I am hearing. I'm ready to go too! Might have to leave work a little early tomorrow to tackle it :ychain:

MaineDad

Gerry,

Almost the whole State is under the blizzard warning. 10 to 16 inches tonight with an additional 4 to 8 tomorrow is the current predication.

MaineDad

Darren,

What's your first weapon of choice?

Don1977

I got around 5" or 6" last night and it's headed up the coast is the forecast.

Gerry w

The Vermonster stands ready, if needed. The Raider is ready for clean up if needed.

Guess I'd better fire up the geni!

dgoyette

Darren,

What's your first weapon of choice?

Micah,

Going to rely on the 416-H and single stage. I am very interested to see how the single stage works in deeper snow. As you know this is my first season with a single stage. Have the plow blade ready to go to if we get slush though.

I'll be very interested in your report on how your new set up performs if this storms hits like predicted.

Kelly

I think you will like the single stage, I have used one for a few years now, and love it, just don't go to fast, it will plug, if the snow is deep or wet.

VinsRJ

Armed and ready with my shovel :D

...... and Ariens snowblower :ychain:

Buzz

The "unfortunate" thing is it looks like it'll just barely graze my area. Damn shame too. I wanted to try out the new blower. Maybe divine providence will shift it just a tad to the west.

Throw your equipment on the truck and head east.............. We're expecting between 8"-18" of the white crap. Snow plowing or snow blowing is not my favorite activity. I need a nap.

MikesRJ

Throw your equipment on the truck and head east.............. We're expecting between 8"-18" of the white crap. Snow plowing or snow blowing is not my favorite activity. I need a nap.

Apparently divine providence has spoken. Since my original post the storm has shifted significantly west as far as H'burg. I will be testing the snow blower after all, and the Mrs' says she's got her I-Phone all charged up for the video and pictures.

VinsRJ

No clearing sticks or arms in the shoot my friends :ychain:

WH854

Some people have never seen snow in Alabama since the 1880"s :ychain:

Chas

rickv1957

Keep that snow up your way guys!!! :ychain:

stevasaurus

Micah...this is what a NOREASTER is all about...I am so envious I can't stand it. :D I spent over 3 years stationed in Winter Harbor, Me. in the early 70's and I think we only had 1. :ychain::D Enjoy you guys, this could be special. :D :hide:

DMK855

Some people have never seen snow in Alabama since the 1880"s :ychain:

Chas

LOL!! First white Christmas in Atlanta in 104 years and we chose to come north to play in the Pa. snow!!

MaineDad

Micah...this is what a NOREASTER is all about...I am so envious I can't stand it. B) I spent over 3 years stationed in Winter Harbor, Me. in the early 70's and I think we only had 1. :ychain::D Enjoy you guys, this could be special. :D:hide:

I'll try to get some video too. The snow has started :D

Don1977

I thought I would add a picture while you wait for your snow.

IMGP1836.jpg

My old JD with blade is over at the farm. I will just wait for it to melt, don't have to be anywhere until Thursday.

Bill

:ychain: :D Dam snow!!!!!!!

Operator

Beautiful picture Don!

Have fun, stay safe!

Randy

wallfish

This is going to suck since my 2 stage blower tractor is down with carb issues. I've been waiting since spring to put this beast to work. It looks like I'm in the little circle on the map that's going to get 20 inches +. I shouldn't have sold the single stage and 312.

nylyon

Expecting 15 - 18" here with Blizzard warning until 6pm tomorrow