Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

blizzard in the east

d180man

Very nice photo ! :ychain::D :D

Docwheelhorse

Well last week I posted a pic of the C141 with the 42 single stage and cab, my C125 with 48" blade and my 1968 Trail Blazer 7 along with the remark I was praying for a blizzard. Well Connecticut is now under a complete blizzard warning and its snowing/blowing to beat the band. My equipment (including the 416 with the 10kw genset) was all gassed up and test run this morning. Its all out in the shed jumping up and down like my dog does when he knows hes going for a ride. :hide: I had to take a furlough day tommorow and can't wait to clean this mess up!!!

YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:ychain::D

Tony

stevasaurus

:hide: :DB):D:D and videos...Rock-N-Rye guys...I'd fly out there if all the eastern flights weren't canceled :D:D .

Don...what a great picture to capture what winter is all about. The serenity of that picture is just fabulous...I could sit outside and look at that all day. :ychain:

NOSpam

Beautiful picture Don!

We had snow like that last year from Christmas Eve til April it seemed... hope to see some of it this year.

Pam :ychain:

porkchop

:ychain: Looks like the NFL game in Philly has been cancelled.

HorseFixer

I thought I would add a picture while you wait for your snow.

My old JD with blade is over at the farm. I will just wait for it to melt, don't have to be anywhere until Thursday.

Beautiful picture Don :ychain: We will be warming up and melting now till new years! Dammit beginning to remind me of last year! <_< suppose to be 45 deg by friday! :D

Operator

:ychain: Looks like the NFL game in Philly has been cancelled.

Vikes didn't want to get cold! :D

Randy

Forest Road

Dam timing!!! I took the 314-H and single stage upstate a couple weeks back. Wish I'd waited til New Years! I was just out w/ my 8-26 power shift. The snow was over the top of the housing. The wind was in my face from all directions. But the truck is now in the driveway and beer in hand.

Brrly1

Hey you New England guys, Quick question, did Jason sell his 125-8 spd with the plow? Wasn't it just the other day one of his comments were we are not expecting any snow so I am trying to sell because of that reason. One of many, I think. Not real sure on the model but I do remember a comment like that. You guys seem to have all the Horses plus all of the snow. Good Luck, looking forward to pictures. See Ya, Bye

Burly :D

:ychain:

buckeye

Hey you New England guys, Quick question, did Jason sell his 125-8 spd with the plow? Wasn't it just the other day one of his comments were we are not expecting any snow so I am trying to sell because of that reason. One of many, I think. Not real sure on the model but I do remember a comment like that. You guys seem to have all the Horses plus all of the snow. Good Luck, looking forward to pictures. See Ya, Bye

Burly :D

:D

:ychain: Maybe a lesson learned.

mr.pipes

Just took these in front of my house in Central MA.

firstsnow007.jpg

firstsnow008.jpg

firstsnow002.jpg

And to 420 trying to keep out of the nasty wind. Poor fella, I'm in the process if making a stable for him.

firstsnow009.jpg

Butch

We have around 15" already and it's still coming down. I just make a few swipes around the circle driveway several times with my F-250 to pack it down. On the downside it turns to ice eventually and takes forever to melt.

AMC RULES

Got called into work at 14:00 today, snow started coming down just as I got there. The plow truck and salt became futile around 19:00 hrs. Had to resort to a Case grader and 12 foot blade just to keep the main roads open. Was all I could do to keep up as the hammers of hell were coming down until around 02:00 when we got off. All tolled, I figure about two feet of accumulation at West Point today. First thing tomorrow, I'll bust the Wheel Horse out here at the house. That should be some be fun too. :ychain:

Docwheelhorse

6:02 Monday AM..... Andover CT.... some spots 18" some spots 4" some spots nothin.... blowing like heck. Got up to clear a path for neighbors wife to get to work, started up the Trail Blazer 7 as I wanted to use the walk behind and avoid pulling onto there driveway with the chains I just put on the C141. Weeellllllllll the flippin Tecumseh carb kept running out of fuel and I made it about 25' and 8 minutes.... AND THE CARB WAS FULLY REBUILT LAST MONTH :ychain: So I started up the 141 and GENTLY :D cleared the first bay of there three bay garage. No Spinning, No Scratching, No Nothing... just precision gentle snow blowing.... :D

I'm going back to bed and will hit it later when the sun comes up

Tony

Duff

A little before 9AM EST, and can just barely see across the street. Looks like about 12" or better on the ground, but the wind is blowing a howling gale so it's impossible to tell what the "real" accumulation is. Weather gurus are calling for 3-6" more before it quits, but the wind is supposed to scream most of the day and night. Got to work OK (FWD) but am NOT looking forward to clearing snow tonight in a hurricane! :ychain:

Duff :D

Coadster32

Got my place all cleared out with my redone 854. I had to plow a bit with the hood off to dial in the carb, but was well worth it. My wife wasn't coming out of the house for pics. :D We got over a foot, and it's still snowing! I plowed twice yesterday, and this morning was both of that combinded plus! Kick butt! :ychain:

That tractor whoops butt.

MikesRJ

Snow finally ended about 7am here. Somewhere between 6 and 8 inches is all. Got everything cleared out in about 40 minutes. Note to self: "Install the cab!". The wind was ferocious.

Newly refurbished Snow Thrower worked like a champ!

Snow-2010-01.jpg

Snow-2010-02.jpg

Snow-2010-03.jpg

Snow-2010-04.jpg

Snow-2010-05.jpg

My other "Snow Beast" (Malamute) liked it too! This was his first "snow test" as well.

Dogs-01.jpg

nylyon

We got about 15" here, wind is still blowing hard so I am reluctant to plow.

truckin88

I work for a major commuter railroad in NY and it has suspended and stopped our service. and we are never this down. This is one of the worst I have seen for us. They are saying the snow drifts is what made it so bad.

sgtsampay

I got up this morning and had about 8 or in on the ground. But the wind was real bad and lots of drifts. Also, I still don't have my tractor to use since its down with tranny issues, so I had to sue the back-up toro 1028OXe. Iots a nice blower and did great today but I sure wish I had a cab to be in. I can;t wait to have my tractor up and running!

I may also use my nieghbor's C-120 for fun tonight after work.. Who knows..

DMK855

Mike, Looks like the blower worked out great for you!!

Duff

Here's a shot from my office window taken just a few minutes ago (the clear sidewalk in the foreground is heated; it leads to the front door of our campus Health Center).

Blizardshot.jpg

And a second shot a few minutes later looking out the back. You can see how many people came to work today!

10-12-01.jpg

Duff :ychain:

AMC RULES

Wonder who rode the bikes to work today. :ychain:

Most areas are reporting between 20-30 inches from last nights storm here. This snow is powder, not very wet. Just made for blowing. :D

COMMANDO1

Everyone out east stay safe and have fun. U guys are sooo lucky!

dclarke

Looks like you better get home Duff. :ychain: