Sign in to follow this  
6wheeler

Is it snowing?

6wheeler

Hi guys, Well I can't go out to play, We have a full blown blizzard going on here. Already 12+ inches still snowing hard. the forcast is for 15 to 20+ before its over. 30mph sustained wind w/gusts to 50mph. The end of my driveway is 300 feet and I can't see half way down..We are 35 miles south of Mpls.-St.Paul Mn. so we are used to snow. But, not like this.. Me and the missus are bakin cookies :ychain: . Hey operator, TIE down the horses, its comin your way :D Pat

AMC RULES

Humm, and I thought they predicted a milder than normal winter? Play tomorrow, and stay warm today. How'd the cookies turn out? :ychain:

Jim_M

They're calling for 5 to 9 inches with 40 mph winds starting tomorrow morning here in Northeastern Indiana.

Gerry w

need that Irish coffee!!

Jim_M

I just bought a nice bottle of bourbon today so that's not out of the question.

Sparky

No flakes here in Connecticut, except maybe the neighbor :ychain: ! Oh boy am I gonna pay for that remark. :D

Mike..........

stevasaurus

Sorry guys...it is all about Rock-N-Rye...can feel the electricity of this storm coming at us. :D:hide::D:ychain::DB) :D

KC9KAS

Must be Al Gore and his "Global Warming" that is causing all the snow.

Operator

Yup Pat I'm ready! Put door on Bobcat, new side window, Cab on the 520 :ychain:

15" at 4:00 and blowing. It's great!

amcrules00 you in what NY? I liked your grader pictures.

Randy

6wheeler

Well, I just went out to feed the cats and check on the chickens. Its 9:20 and it is done snowing :D .I hope. Anyway, it looks pretty good. I think still 40 plus wind, and that snow ain't light and fluffy. some spots are bare. But, there are drifts damn near as tall as I am. And, I'm 6'. Gonna be fun tomorrow. I will try to get pics tomorrow, But, I am afraid this isn't gonna be anything my horses could handle. It is definately gonna be BOBs job :ychain: . The dog went out with me and slid under the truck... He's usually an outside dog. He don't want to go back out. I don't blame him 1 bit. Drifts around ma's truck are 4 to 5 feet, (he was chasin one of the stupid cats). Anyway, we will see what tomorrow brings. By the way, The cookies turned out GREAT. Believe it or not, I am a very good cook and baker. Having a very good cook help me doesn't hurt either. So, take care and have fun...... Pat

stevasaurus

Pat...crackin' me up...made cookies and fudge with the wife the last 2 days...and a big pot of beef stew..ready to lurk inside and just let it go...can't beat that. Be safe everyone!!! :ychain:

sorekiwi

It hasnt started here yet, (NE Ohio).

But the rain thats happening now is supposeed to turn into snow this afternoon. 5 to 8" before the lake effect kicks in, and 1 to 2 feet after that.

We had a pretty nice day yesterday, which gave me a chance to tidy up the 16" or so we got last week. I know you guys cant wait, but I've had enough of it already!

stevebo

Yes you will Sparky !!!

Operator

Well fellers we got 18" here As of right now 7:30 it is 0 degrees out but no wind.

I'll clean everything up this morning. Bob's job and the Horse :ychain: does the sidewalks and path.

Then it will be cold here for a few days , so I'm road tripping for D attachments again. That way I save on my shop heat.

Randy

T-Mo

We're on the southern edge of this storm - it's snowing now, but not much - maybe an inch, but with wind gusts up to 50 mph, it's blowing all the time. And it's cold and will get colder here. I'm glad we're on the southern edge, I feel for you guys who are north of me. It will be hovering around zero tonight and I know you guys up north zero might be considered warm by this time tomorrow.

Brrly1

Hey Steve, If I show up tomorrow do I get some of the baked goodies. Work has kind of come to a screaching halt. Thinking about a road trip. Don't know as of yet waiting to see what we get. Gonna head out and get something ready. It's snowing here but isn't sticking as of yet. You guys up north are lucky , I remember those days. Have fun! See Ya, Bye, Burly :D

:ychain:

C-Series14

Snowing here in SW Ohio. Don't even have the blade on yet. Weather has been decent so put it off. I really don't worry about plowing until we get enuf! :ychain:

CTPATRIOT

I can't wait to do some plowing,my JD 140H3 is ready to rock! :ychain:

HorseFixer

It hasnt started here yet, (NE Ohio).

But the rain thats happening now is supposeed to turn into snow this afternoon. 5 to 8" before the lake effect kicks in, and 1 to 2 feet after that.

We had a pretty nice day yesterday, which gave me a chance to tidy up the 16" or so we got last week. I know you guys cant wait, but I've had enough of it already!

Mike yer getting what we got yesterday! :ychain: Just spitting snow today! <_<

Tee

we had a dusting of snow bout an inch in missouri around springfield its the dern windchiil horrible winds. they will subside tmmrrw and be normal cold like 28 ish. ugh

C-Series14

Broke down and put the 48" blade on the ole 1979 C-161...what a year round work horse. I of course like many, don't do the little things when it's warm, I wait till it is the middle of winter! Gonna work on the rods that run from the blade angle unlock handle down to the triangle and from the triangle forward to the locking pin...mine are pieces of metal wire with bends on the ends to hold them on! :D

Gonna get some threaded rods with clevis ends...a little more aircraft mechanic looking! :ychain:

HorseFixer

Well what a difference a few hrs make I just got in from outside and Blowed 4"-5" Looks like I got another 1" in 20 minutes and its still comming down! :ychain:

Operator

Your turn now huh!

Randy

Gerry w

No snow here at all, rained all day, temps in the 40's. Looks like more of the same tomorrow. Mother nature scared of the Vermonster?? :ychain:

HorseFixer

No snow here at all, rained all day, temps in the 40's. Looks like more of the same tomorrow. Mother nature scared of the Vermonster?? :D

:ychain: Gerry now thats funny! :D