Kelly

How did you find RS????

KC9KAS

Like so many others, I was surfing the web for :ychain: information.

I found RS and was a visitor just content to read what others had to say, but I have always had a problem keeping my mouth shut, so I joined!

I have mentioned RS to many others over the last 1 1/2 years, and some knew about RS and was already a member, and others never heard of it, but hopefully they joined.

Jim_M

I was cruising down the "Information Super Highway", I saw a sign that said "Clean Restrooms" so I pulled in.

W9JAB

I was surfing the web looking to join the Russian Communist Party and saw RED SQUARE when I clicked on it I found it was about Wheel Horse tractors, I said to myself hay I got one of them so I joined up.

Communisttractor.png

horsefeathers

W9JAB, You kill me brother! :ychain:

I googled Red Square and found the same thing!

I hope were all on the same page here!

Horses! hammer 'n sickles?

:D HORSEFEATHERS!

IthacaJeff

The RS site was mentioned in some of the posts on one of the WH Yahoo discussion boards I was a member of. Checked it out, and that was it.

Jeff in Enfield, NY

Vinylguy

I reproduced hood decals for a local customers c-101

back in 1999 and never gave it another thought

until 2006 when we sold our business and moved

our graphics to the garage. I started selling novelty

signs on the internet and happened along the c-101

file in my archived graphics.

Thought maybe someone out there could use a set.

Must have gotten at least 200 emails in the first 2 weeks

with requests for wheel horse decals and, (the rest is history)

Got a call from TT , though I do not remember what about,

but that

Aussie

I have wanted a garden tractor for some time but they are relatively rare in Australia compared to disposable lawn tractors. I didn't know much about what is out there and there didn't appear to be much local interest. I found the site through Google when looking for Wheel Horse information and spent hours reading and learning. Being on the other side of the world I think it would be impossible to pursue this as a hobby without the information and support that is so willingly provided by so many members. I have gone from none to three tractors in the past six months and am really enjoying my first restoration attempt. Thank you all

rickv1957

found RS through the yahoo groups,Rick

Kelly

Keep them coming guys, i bet this is the longest thread I have ever started.

sorekiwi

Wow, I don't even remember how I found this place.

I was a member of some of the Yahoo groups, and although there was a lot of information there, I hated (and still do) the format and the hassle of trying to find pictures.

Redsquare was small then (I'm member #39) but I was blown away by the creativity portrayed in those early posts. The size of RS these days prevents me from reading (or even seeing) every post, but in those days I read just about every post, knew what tractors everybody had, and knew what everybody was up to or building.

Some of the awesome threads that spring to mind are Gator's 3 point Bronco, .5 Racers awesome box blade, any of Nicks creations, any of Eldons paint jobs. There has been so many...

Not long after I joined some guy from PA started posting pictures of an awesome tricycle conversion and a WH tattoo.

Its certainly grown since then, and gone through some growing pains as well. But there is a ton of information here, that makes it probably the biggest resource for a Wheel Horse tractor owner to have.

can whlvr

i found this site on the internet looking for any info on wheelhorses i could find,i lurked for a long time too and then joined and never looked back.

wheel horse 312

my uncle d180man :ychain::D :D

marvairplanes

Thought maybe someone out there could use a set.

Must have gotten at least 200 emails in the first 2 weeks

with requests for wheel horse decals and, (the rest is history)

Got a call from TT , though I do not remember what about,

but that

CasualObserver

Found this neat old topic and thought I'd drag it back up for some new views.... Please pardon some of the posts that seem choppy or don't make sense.... they were damaged in our RS independence move.

What brought you to :rs:?

• Like 2

Stigian

It was a chap by the name of Jim, otherwise know as Mith who put me onto RedSquare. I was a member of another forum (no idea which one, I know it wasn't a WH forum) and so was Jim.  One day he messaged me saying there was a great Wheel Horse forum that I should have a look at..

Soon after I became member no 110 and you have been stuck with me ever since :D

• Like 2

nylyon

I remember this one!  Glad to see it back.   I know that it's easier to find RS now because it's all over google and yahoo which made this very interesting back then.  But the question is still, how did you find RS?

• Like 1

roscoemi

A buddy gave me a sorry looking C-121 with a mower, blower and a cab that hadn't run in 7 years. I googled WH to find parts and info and found RED Square, lurked a bit and joined. I replaced the condenser which made it run, and a spray bomb resto made my son want it. So he got his own Ranger and could leave mine alone! :greetings-clappingyellow:

• Like 1

Terry M

I was on Ebay looking for parts for my 606 when I sent a message to Glen Pettit (I think he was called "Glenjeri" at that time) asking about where to find more info on wheel horse.  He told me about the Red Square wheel horse forum and I joined a little while later.  Thanks Glen!!!

• Like 2

Coadster32

Nice topic to resurrect. :handgestures-thumbupright: Prob. have 8000+ new members since then. :omg: 

• Like 1

kaiser

when i decided i wanted a wheel horse i knew there had to be a forum so i just searched.

i found you crazy people and knew this was the brand and place for me!

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

when i got my horse home it wasn't running and when we got it running it didn't run properly, so on the net i went. like the saying goes search and you will find, happens that i found you guys and now i can't go back :)

• Like 1

Rboski

I joined on Saturday, Sept 25, 2010 while looking for a suburban project to purchase. The following weekend I had a suburban and had already met and been to two members homes in 2 different states. I've visited pretty much daily since then and really appreciate all the folks who contribute and maintain this community for us all.

• Like 1

cleat

I found this site via google search.

Joined and now check back quite often.

Cleat

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-goodpost:  While enjoying a tractor show I spotted a group of :wh: owned by a fellow who introduced himself as "Wild Bill". While talking with Bill he asked if I was a member here, I told him no, I didn't enjoy internet forums. He assured me this was the best, :woohoo:  he was right!

:text-thankyouyellow: Thanks Bill. And thanks to all of you who have shared your intrest with us.

• Like 1

Kai Thomsen

I was on the forum at Perr.com for quite some time, and met a lot of nice and friendly people there, and when someone asked questions about an old Wheelh horse.. and one of the members on the forum mentioned Red Square forum and my uncle had just given his old wheelhorse to me..i just had to see what it was all about.  I love this forum, and reads almost every new topic here and comes by several times each day.