Kelly

How did you find RS????

Kelly

I was thinking I've been a member here for a few years, well I signed on Dec. 22, 07 I was the 87th member here, we have grown just a little since then, a fellow member Glen Pettit (the hood ornament guy) was at my house and told me about RS I lurked for a few days then joined, I've learned alot here, I've had fun here, and a few days I wanted to never come back, but I guess that is life, so the question is how did you find RS?? friend, web surfing, from another site??? lets here your story.

HorseFixer

I heard about RS about a 6-8 months before I even logged on I heard about RS from Tydigger here in my home town and Stephen Rollerman. I have learned more here since joining than anywhere else thats for sure. :ychain:

~Duke

Suburban 550

Kelly, I was web surfin' one day and came across Redsquare. I had just bought my Suburban and at that time I was lookin' for parts and info on it. I was the 120th member (not far behind you) and can't believe how it has grown. I have made many great friends on here and have learned alot throughout the years. I know one thing, this place has become my second home and Wheel Horse tractors have become my passion. :ychain:

zieg72

I wasn't too far behind Kelly only about a week. I found this site while I was having a problem with my newly acquired 520H. I googled my problem and this site popped up. I read with fascination and joined that day. I visit here every day at least once and help where I can. I am usually in the learning mode. This is by far the friendliest group and most willing to help of all the forums I belong to. I have met a lot of you in the midwest and traded with several. Thanks so much!!!

btrrg1969

I was on the net after buying my first 312-8 , just digging around for info and lo and behold I found RS. Just like others had said I was impressed with others willing to help (that is teach )and share info. This is the only forum that I keep up with , I have checked out others but RS is the best. :ychain:

Sparky

The guy who started Redsquare, Chris, is a freind of mine. I've known him since he was 14 years old. He sent me an e-mail to say he had started two new forums and would I join up. One was a forum on Power-Kings and the other Wheel Horse. Thats how I became member #2 right behind Chris.

I dont remember all the details but I think starting the forums might have been a high school project.

I think the Power-King forum folded but THE WHEEL HORSE FORUM LIVES ON!!!!

Mike.........

• Like 2

rmaynard

I had snooped around the internet looking for information on Wheel Horse paint colors. A Google search took me here. Then on the morning of November 26, 2009 at 06:30 am, I made my first post, asking about the beaten-to-death subject of paint color.

That's how I found RedSquare, and where it all started for me.

Horse'n Around

I found it by accident, I think it was in 2008 I kind of poked around for a while and then a month or two later I signed up and became a member. Im sure glad I did.

John

Rollerman

Good thread topic Kelly.

I can't even remember the paticulars of what led me to this place.

Been around awhile, learned a whole lot & still do!

I think I would have gave up on this hobby if I hadn't found RS, met new friends & renewed my interest in the "Horses".

• Like 1

dgoyette

I was told about it by Micah (Mainedad) when I bought the C-160 from him. I joined soon after.

JimD

I'm a member over at MTF and hung out in the Wheel Horse section a lot. I kept seeing reference made to Redsquare by members over there and started looking for it, without any luck back then. Finally one of the members linked it in a thread and I clicked it. I was stunned by what I found here, so I bookmarked it and started reading every day. After awhile I joined, and I'm very glad I did. :ychain:

Gene_S

The way I found RedSquare I was at a tractor show and run into John - Brrly1 and he told me about it. Like you said Kelly, like it alot hated it a little but have gained alot of info from being here. Thanks John for leading me to this madness... :ychain:

I'd have to say you must of been bored Kelly seeing how its so cold outside and you posted this. Nothing bad by no meens a very good post!!!

nylyon

I was looking for a snow plow / blower. I was on the Yahoo groups when Chris put in a post about a new tractor forum. It wasn't officially called Red Square at the time. Being member number 5, there weren't too many snow plow threads on Red Square at that time. We didn't have a classified section here so I had to look else where for the plow which I found hooked up to the 414-8.

And the original name for the forum? Not sure it had one, just whtractor.15.forumer I guess, although it had a non-formal name for the first year, it wasn't until year 2 when Red Square became the name, but that's another topic.....

• Like 2

JMW

I was looking for parts for my c125 and found RS by accident.It's one of the better accidents I've had in a while!

T-Mo

I was a JD guy (still am, sort of). But, I had always like the construction and solidness of the older Wheel Horses. A friend of mine who had a lawn mower repair business had this old, dilapidated Wheel Horse C-141 Automatic. I didn't know it was a C-141 as a previous owner had spray painted everything, including the decals. But the id plate was still intact. I traded a JD 112L for it, found the id plate and found that it was a C-141 Automatic. Started doing research on it, went to about every Wheel Horse forum there was and found this one. I am member #31. It's the only Whee Horse forum I visit now.

stevebo

I was selling a C125-8 speed with plow on craigslist when this young kid called me and started to hustle me for a trade. He said he had a nice C175 that he wanted to trade. I asked why and he said the C175 uses too much gas :ychain: Over the phone we made a deal but then he said I needed to drive to him about 30 mins away.. He did not tell me he did not have a license or transportation so I started getting a little made about the deal as I have to load up the C125 on a borrowed rowboat tralier :D

In the end I showed up to his house and out came this kid that went by the name tracktorkid (Chris). All the local collectors know him and he has hustled all of us at least once before.. (just kidding). After we did the deal we got to talking and he mentioned that I should check out this site called RedSquare. I guess Chris is responsible for getting me into this hobby. I grew up mowing grass and plowing with a 310-8 that is still in the family. When I bought my first house in 1997 I found a 310-8 (now Duff has it). I was actually selling my C125 back in 08 because I had one too many tractors at the time - Two (2) of them !! Now how many do I have :D

Great topic !!

sgtsampay

I just bought my first horse, the 211-5 and was looking on the google for some information about it and found this site.

rmaynard
And the original name for the forum?

VinsRJ

I found out about RS via an internet search. I'm glad I stuck around :ychain:

mowerman1193

I do not remember exactly how i found it but I am pretty sure it was a link from the yahoo groups Wheel Horse site. Not sure what one either as there was/ and still is several that I am a member of. I was into Simplicity tractors for several years mostly because of their site was real friendly etc. Never felt real welcome on the yahoo groups and always seemed like a bunch of bickering. I was on those groups way back when yahoo had club format rather than the group. I had a couple groups of my own at one time but they sort of fizzled out..One was Lawn and garden tractor parts and the other was garden tractor implements.

Anyway I come here a few times throughout every day and hardly ever go to the Simplicity or John Deere sites anymore. This is the best place on the net.

Kevin

buckeye

I was on the market for a newer 312-8. Since the only tractors that I owned were 60's and 70's models, i was digging up some info since i knew nothing about the newer tractors with the magnum engines. What better way can you find out some information than to ask a bunch of old farts :ychain: It's a great site, aside from the occasional cat fights :D

porkchop

I found it when I decided to restore a c101. I had wheel horses as a kid and needed one to mow with. Next thing you know I had 5 then ten. I,m glad I made that move because I have met alot of great friends from here. Now my son helps me out in the barn to earn some extra money and I think he is learning some stuff. :ychain: :D

bmuone

I was on craigslist looking for a push mower. Saw a Wheel Horse for sale. Googled Wheel Horse and found Red Square. Read a few post....went and bought the 417A. Now I also have a 211-4 and just bought a C-175 with plow and tiller (all needing work). Need one more for all grand kids to have one each. I have really enjoyed and learned a lot from this site. Thanks to all you Northern friends.

WheelHorse_of_course

I used to hang out on the gardenweb tractor forum and someone (rollerman I think) posted something about red square.

I had no idea it was going to grow so much!

:D :ychain:

stevasaurus

I was looking for information on 4 WHs that my dad had and now were mine. Tried to join a site and Jon Bell, who was on that site, told me I was looking in the wrong place and turned me on to Red Square. I was in the right place at the right time...thanks Jon. :ychain: