Kelly

How did you find RS????

whfan74

I remember being on another site and had some members share with me that if I was really in to the Horse's then Red Square is the place to be. I was new to the entire forum scene and treaded lightly at first. With my family history of being involved in the :D I quickly became addicted and can thank all you here for filling up dad's barn with only red machines! :ychain:

Coadster32

I found the site poking around the internet looking for Suburban info. After three question searches, and RS popped up all three times, I was a member. It was that simple. I try to contribute, but alot of times I feel :ychain: :D

6wheeler

Kelly, This is an awesome Idea. I like alot of other members aquired my c-165 and then went looking for parts. The sight popped up and, here I am. So,I would like to say Thanks REDSQUARE and all of the great members here. The info I have gained and knowledge learned on here is priceless. Its fun too ,ribbing some of the guys. And getting it back too. I am glad I am a member.Unfortunately, it has a price. Some may call it addicting, But maybe just maybe. They can't spell COLLECTING :ychain: . Have fun Pat

perry

i was hanging out at the wheel horse barn forum and then it just disapeared one day, so i started searching again for wheel horse tractors on the web and found this. not much going on here back then, pretty much it was karl and sparky talking tractors.

Brrly1

Well I guess I can say that Steve aka (rollerman) lead me to Red Square. We us to talk back and forth on yahoo messenger along with several other people and we were told about it. I hung around for a short time and Steve aka (refracman) joined at the same time or close to it. It has been a learning experience for sure. I have met alot of good people and hope to meet many more. Thanks See ya, Bye, Burly :ychain:

:D

WH854

I found RS from some one on Wheel Horse.org I have been here since July of 2008 Good Forum :D

Chas :ychain:

bitten

Looking around the net for :ychain: info, dont remember what I was looking for at the time but here I am. Sure glad I found it.

TT

I was on the Yahoo groups when Chris put in a post about a new tractor forum.

That's when I saw it for the first time too, but I didn't join right then. I did peek through the window quite often though. :ychain:

• Like 1

Jim_M

I was on the Yahoo groups when Chris put in a post about a new tractor forum.

That's when I saw it for the first time too, but I didn't join right then. I did peek through the window quite often though. :ychain:

Ditto.

puddlejumper

I had just purchased the 856 and was looking for Info started out on another site and actually felt a little unwelcome. while looking ended up here and the response was overwhelming if memory serves TT was the first to respond with a half a dozen other responses immediately behind him. Bottom line never been back to other site or anywhere else. And now I see the same questions I asked over and over and over there so simple now that ive been here awhile and I know I still ask some simple ones to you folks that have been here for awhile but everybody just seems to grin and answer it one more time. And in my opinion thats what makes Redsquare what it is. :ychain: :D

Kelly

Wow I did not think this post would get this kind of response, keep them coming guys.

Sparky
And the original name for the forum?

Don1977

My first induction to wheel horse was in 1960 mowing mt cousins yard. Built my house in 1974 and 75 then a couple years later I got grass in the yard and needed a mower.

bought a C-120 8 speed 1977 model. Been using it and repairing it my self.. and the dirty word for some Modifying it. :ychain: I have replace a lot of part including replacing all the bearings in the transmission with out a manual. Been through the PTO and mower base too many times to remember them all. It sure is nice to be able to get a little information the easy way. That why I joined Red Square, don't remember how I found it but glad I did. Still just have one Wheel Horse my old C-120/180. I enjoy seeing some of you building Wheel Horses from parts. I'm building one from parts, but they are not Wheel Horse parts, everyone around here thinks a 50 dollar junker is worth 5 time that much. If I never get far enough along I will post it in other brands. Just a hint it consist of a few other brands but they are all related.

bowtieguy

Must have been #6 that got me to join??...heck, I've slept since then and memory is long gone!....but I do know that T-MO was on the yahoo site one night and told me that I might like to check out RS.....so I peeked in and WHOAA...I was already a member!

Been "peeking in" ever since :ychain: ...funny what faded red paint will do to ya!

Duff

Like many others, I had just acquired (actually been given!) my first Wheel Horse, a 312-8. Although it was in pretty good shape, it need some work after sitting in a basement for six years. I googled "Wheel Horse" and Red Square came up. Got on it, read for a few days then took the plunge by joining - best move I've ever made! The likes of Karl, TT, Eldon, and many, many others got me hooked with their patience and willingness to answer my questions, offer time saving hints, parts suppliers, and on and on. I was among the early members, and I have been grateful for every day since! :D

Duff :ychain: :D

Daddy Don

My son Steve got me on it.

Bill

back about three yrs ago I saw it on the yahoo forum back then I was number 22 and there wasn't to much going on here WOW what a change in 3 short yrs

wheelhorse656

i was on ebay one day and saw a listing for diffrent steering wheel center inserts and scrolled down and saw where it said proud member of redsquare wheelhorse forum. so i typed it in on the search and found red square and have been a member ever since! :ychain:

marvairplanes

Joined 4 years ago today !

Member # 16

Watched lots of changes...some good.

Marv

NW Oh

dclarke

I found Red Square while searching for information on a 701 i drug home to keep it from going to the scrap iron pile. at the time i didn't know what i was going to do with it. if it wasn't for this site that 701 would most likely have ended up scrap iron and i wouldn't have a garage half full of wheel horses. i really enjoy hanging out here.

dobeleo

My brother bought an 86 312-A new. He screwed something up on it and had it parked behind his house for years. I trailored it home where it sat some more behind my house. Last winter, my son and I were talking, I think alcohol was involved, I said lets tear it apart and put it in the basement, I have a walk-out basement. After that, I started searching for information on the tractor.

I have been amazed with the info I received on this site and with what I learned working on my tractor, tried to contribute.

I should have the old girl back together soon, the wife doesnt understand why I want to get another one!

Dan

horsefeathers

Wow I did not think this post would get this kind of response, keep them coming guys.

Life is like a box of choclate you never know what you'll get!

Got my first :D at an automotive swap meet Canfield Oh.

854 (now "Krimnal") didn't know anything about B) just knew I lked it!

Neighbor stopped while unloading it, Said I got the same 854! You want it? YES!

2 months later he stopped! You want this? '60 suburban all original...YES!

He said it was a RJ, I wanted to know so... I googled Wheelhorse and found Redsquare! :ychain:

Thanks guys!!! now I have 12? 14? I don't know! This place is lookin' like Kelly's!

Tractors everywhere! No more room! (but I'am still shopping!) :D

I know my custom stuff is weird... but RS welcomed me in! :hide:

Soo... ya' get what ya' pay for! (This is free right?) I want more! :D

Great thread Kelly!!! Member 2863! And growing everyday!!!

:D HORSEFEATHERS!

jusjeepn

Dad, working in a W/H dealership, had always had W/H's and I have used them for years. About 2 years before Dad past away, I blew the head gasket on his Electro 12 mowing the yard and we decided to tear it down and rebuild it altogether. Well Dad got sicker and the Electro got shoved to the rear of the shop. I bought him a new Craftsman GT5000 that Mom could operate as well. After they both passed in Dec 2005, I decided to finish the Electro as a tribute to Dad. Well after sitting in the corner of the shop for 2 years, some parts were missing. Looking for parts on the internet produced this web sight. It did not have a name at that time but a few guys where discussing Wheel Horse tractors. Not being one to join forums, I bookmarked the sight and checked in from time to time. I watched and read more off than on for about 2 years before I decided to join in April of 2008. I still didn't post anything until August of 2008. Now I read and post just about every day!

• Like 1

AMC RULES

I typed "Wheel Horse forum" into the Yahoo web search window, and picked the best result that popped up. No brainer there. :ychain:

mavfreak

last year my grandfather was gravely ill. My grandma was cleaning out all is stuff and knew I scraped for extra money. Well in the shed was this old wheel horse. She said get rid of it. Well long story short I brought it home and just couldn't scrap it.

I put an old car battery on it and it fired right up.

I wanted info on it and started surfin around and found this place.

Been here ever since.

I want to think my grandfather got me started on redsquare. My grandma said that her dad, my greatgrand father gave my grandfather that tractor and pap had many other tractors since then but never gave up on that old wheel horse.