Sign in to follow this  
mavfreak

Unemployment

mavfreak

Idnt see the extensions anymore. with a lame duck congress there will just pass the buck to the next session, unless the president forces the issue. IMO.

I know the handy andy thing is a stretch but its something to consider.

horsefeathers

Heath, I have something for you to consider!

If you are waiting for congress to find you a job good luck!

If you want to stay at home and collect extention checks good luck!

If you want to lace up your boots and get back to work! Maybe I can help.

I made you an offer a few months ago to help you get in at Joy Mining!

Asked you to send a resume' I would turn it in for you, You did not!

Asked you if you can drive to Franklin to meet with HR, you did not!

They were hireing Qualified welders at that time, starting at $17.00 an hour!

My pal Gus is a assembly floor welder and lives in Erie,Pa.

He drives 1 hour 15min. one way every day and has for 34 years! No excuses!

So.... Here we go again! Send me your resume' and I'll turn it in for you!

Or, drive to Franklin and meet with HR!

I haven't seen any postings for welders, but things are picking up again!

And don't let anyone tell you welders are a dime a dozen!

Joy Mining is begging for qualified welders!

:thumbs: HORSEFEATHERS!

racinfool40

Hey horsefeathers I don't want to jump in on heath's post!!!but do they have a web site or anything were I could send a resume!!! I'm at wits end looking in my area...I have been a welder since I graduated High school in 1988 certified in structural steel welding thru Hobarts in Troy Ohio and desperate to find work!!!!! Any help would be gratly appreciated MIKE.......

mavfreak

Bud I believe i did send to you. Ok well lets try again. Send me a pm with your e-mail. Frankin really isn't to far for me maybe an hour at most.

I did get on there sight and applied also, never heard anthing back. I also read everything they had on there sounds like a good company to work for. I believe you have stated that before.

I know AK steel here in Butler is hiring, which I applied for. They haven't hired for years so its a long shot but have to try. I have heard from some that work there that it is good paying but hard to work for. But I guess employing the amount that they do they can be like that.

WheelHorse_of_course

Idnt see the extensions anymore. with a lame duck congress there will just pass the buck to the next session, unless the president forces the issue. IMO.

I know the handy andy thing is a stretch but its something to consider.

I agree, I don't expect they will be extended.

For that reason I applied for a job as a doggy daycare attendant last week (dogtopia) - it only pays $10/hour and I know I may be taking a job that should go to a kid. At lest it is a ob I would enjoy.

I got an interview, so we'll see.

This is a perfect example of the sickness of our society. How is it there are people who can afford doggy day care, while there are 17% of the working population that are unemployed or underemployed? I guess the top 2% are the clients of these places. At least the dogs will be down to earth even if their owners are doing great but still demand they need a tax cut.

Shall I apply for a job as a serf? Oh darn, it says "experienced serfs only need apply" (and no, I was NOT kidding in my earlier post about shoe shine jobs requiring experience).

bless us all...

:D :ychain:

Suburban 550

I know where all you guys are comin' from and feel for each and everyone of you because I myself have lot my job of 35 years in an auto body shop that closed its doors. At 54 years old and collecting unemployment for only 5 weeks I took a job with a paint supply company which I hated every minute of it and quit after only 7 days. At this point I had lost my unemployment and had no income what so ever. Fortunately, there happened to be another towing and collision center that heard about our shop closing and was looking for my phone number and wanted me to come and work for him. Well I finally went to see him and it turned out to be one of best jobs and the best boss I ever had. He treats me great with a pay raise after only working there a month. So hold your head up guys, your ship will come in. Hopefully it will end up like it did for me. :ychain:

horsefeathers

Ray, That's the story we'er lookn' for !!!!!!! Good for you Man!!!

Gerntlmen, I know times are tough! But you must come to the table

knowing that you have something to offer! Skils, Knowlage, and desire!

I, like Ray lost a good job but was fortunate to find a great job that I like!

Joy Global .com is the web site. Send a PM and I will help get a resume' in.

They are hireing machinest and matinance personal now.

Welders and Hand burners and grinders will be next!