Sign in to follow this  
Crow Horse

Any fans of Paranormal State or similar shows?

Crow Horse

Just curious, but are there any fans of Paranormal State and similar shows? I'm a big fan/believer.......

Operator

I watch it too. Whenever I get the chance. Yes there are "things" out there both in the hereafter and in space.

Randy

Crow Horse

In my mind's eye, there's more than just the physical, way more......

It becomes something much more than a passing of theoretical interest when one experiences paranormal phenomena...

ducky

i watch that and ghost hunters also. i believer.

W9JAB
ghosthorse1.jpg

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

My wife and I both like to watch those types of shows. I was a big fan of ghost hunters untill it got to be the same week after after week and I lost interest in it. I sorta liked the one where the two brothers ran it and had a mobile lab they brought with them. They often took 2 or more nights on a case and they tried different things.

Although I believe a lot of these shows are "padded" with "evidence" to make them more interesting. The EVP's that are captured so very often by so many are the things that peaks my belief that there are things out and about that we just normally don't sense. This alone is cause for further investigation.

How about destination truth. Seems they hardly ever catch any evidence of anything but you gotta love that Josh Gates, what a job he's got.... lucky buggar!

Crow Horse

We enjoy Ghost Hunters as well. I don't think that most of these type shows have padded evidence. I do believe that they are enhanced in the editing room to create a desired atmosphere or effect. If false evidence ever became public the show's and network's credibility would go flush swirl....

Believe or not, they present a good starting point from which to explore realms beyond our normal perception. If one can approach them with an open mind and without prejudice, you'd be amazed at what can erupt.

I/we have had many paranormal experiences that we just can't explain. Since the passing of my wife's son several years ago, these events have increased in frequency. Some are minor events and there have been several dramatic events that can't be explained in conventional terms. For me, they are not scary as they are within my comfort zone. My learning journey has taken me many places with many teachers and regardless of the "vehicle" they all have one thing in common. There is more than just the physical. How one approaches these realms is just a matter of find the path that resonates true to one's self.

A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.....

Operator

Crow Horse you sound like a very interesting person, i like your thinking.

Randy

MyOtherCarisaWheel Horse

A mind is like a parachute. It only works when it's open.....

An open mind is fine but you may need a filter in there somewhere. I don't think I have a closed mind, I just don't always buy everything some people are trying to sell me.

Crow Horse

Good point. One should always proceed with intelligence. When exploring this arena I always try to prove or disprove something new. If it works and can provide reproducible results, I'll embrace it and add it to my "spiritual arsenal". If it doesn't work or is "iffy" at best, I'll discard it......

Randy, thank you for your kind words but you're way too generous in saying that I'm interesting. Just ask my kids and they'll tell you quite the opposite.... :thumbs:

Ken B

I watch all the paranormal shows. Paranormal State and Ghost Adventures (Ghost Lab is real good as well) are my favorite. I went and met the Ghost Hunters last yr. They are real cool and laid back. I used to really like their show and still watch it but sometimes their evidence is kinda lame, maybe because they don't provoke too hard? Ghost Lab and Ghost Adventures like to piss the ghosts off, it seems to get them good results.

Crow Horse

Personally, I'm not a fan of provoking spirits. I prefer to approach them with a certain reverence. My experience has taught me that if you piss them off enough, they can come back at you really hard. Not a good thing. It could be asking for big trouble....

That's pretty neat that you met the Ghost Hunters. I'd like to sit and chat with them. I'm sure I could learn a lot.....

My steadfast belief of these other worlds has been a long journey, spanning more than 20 years. Coming from Native American philosophies, embracing the Spirit World isn't a stretch at all. From that starting point, my evolution has taken many directions, some seem so wild and far fetched to most that it rarely becomes a topic of conversation. However, the reality is that they do work and results are reproducible.

When I look back at my list of teachers through the years, it almost reads like a who's who of the non worldly. I consider myself extremely blessed to have crossed paths (or guided) with them....

In a nutshell, I approach the meaning of life with a modest certainty, knowing full well that there isn't a "finish line"........

Ken B

I totally hear where you are coming from. I'm sure the Ghost Hunters don't want to piss any ghosts off and bring any of that bad ju ju home to the wife and kids. Jay and Grant are the best at what they do. On an episode of the Ghost Adventures they admitted to pissing off some bad spirits at Bob Mackey's. The spirits followed them home and made their lives miserable. I personally wouldn't provoke either but I suppose it might make things more interesting for a T.V viewer.