Sign in to follow this  
dclarke

my old push mower

dclarke

anybody know anything about the company that made this? i've had it a few years and was just curious. it runs like a top and is a blast to mow with.DSC00546-1.jpgDSC00545-1.jpgDSC00547-1.jpg

stevasaurus

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/sear...n&ct=clnk&gl=us

check out this Denny...found some info but not too much. Sounds like Lawn Boy ended up buying them. :thumbs:

scroll down almost to the bottom...a 51 Monark Silver King

stevasaurus

Denny...google Monark Silver King Lawn Mower...some info and a few leads to chase.

mavfreak

Whd one almost just like that growing up, I think ours was green. In my minds eye I can remember the lettering on the deck. Only because I had to paint it.

dclarke

Denny...google Monark Silver King Lawn Mower...some info and a few leads to chase.

Thanks Steve.

VinsRJ

I just threw one of those motors away :) and installed the piston as shift knob on my RAT. :thumbs:

stevasaurus

I just threw one of those motors away :) and installed the piston as shift knob on my RAT. :thumbs:

Oh Oh may have been a bad move Vince. Some of these are worth a lot of money. Looks like Evinrude may have made the rotatory engines before Lawn-Boy bought them.

I could not read Denny's model number except for the 18 in the middle (which is the width of cut...18"). Interesting push mower to say the least.

mavfreak

maybe i need to go dig through the junk pile at the farm

Vinylguy

The OMC Outboard Marine corp Had a factory in Galesburg Illinois

That Closed In the mid 70s. I painted Outboard Fuel Tanks for Evinrude and Johnson Along with Lawnboy Mowers till they went on strike in 71.

We also painted the mowers in Cub Cadet Colors for IH :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Terry...were those tanks that you painted tank tops on the engines or separate tanks with the hose and bulb set-up? :thumbs: Had an older Evinrude 5 hp that had separate tank with the dual hose on it. Great motor...was from the 60's. :)