Sign in to follow this  
WHC-125

Bought another truck!

WHC-125

Well guys yesterday I got my new truck that I bought delivered. Its an 86 GMC sierra k1500. It came with a 7 1/2 ft Western plow as well. Its got a 305, automatic transmission, and 6 ft bed. It has 105k. I bought it as a project/ fixer upper. Im gonna post pics once it stops raining, lemme know what you guys think.

stevebo

What about the other truck??

Sparky

Good luck with it Chris. So is there a drivers license in your near future?

Mike........

WHC-125

Steve, I still got the other one. And Mike I am going to end up waiting till I am 18 and do it all myself.

Coadster32

Steve, I still got the other one. And Mike I am going to end up waiting till I am 18 and do it all myself.

You might need a job to help pay for the vehicle restoration. :)

Nice to see you hang onto the other truck. It's a nice one. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Well since I sold some quads, I am only down to one and that has a plow on it. So theres really no need for another one. And I got some extra room after selling some stuff even tho I need to sell a few more horses because I dont want them to sit over winter. And thanks Chris :thumbs:

Coadster32

Chris, FYI- I gave your number to a guy at work about your quad for sale. Not sure if he called you, and not sure if you still have one for sale. His name is Kyle.

WHC-125

I dont have anymore quads for sale. Just a dirt bike. Sorry Chris

Ken B

Congrats on the new Pick m up Chris. I'm partial to this yr. Chevy myself.

A few yrs. ago I had this 86 Chevy Blazer. It had a 305 in it as well, to begin with that is. Out came the 305 and 4 spd auto. In went a 1970 LS6 454 with an honest 500 hp. (and I do mean honest) with a turbo 400. Out came the wimpy half ton axles and in went the 1 tons. I used to enjoy surprising people at the stop lights. :thumbs:

If I only still had this rig, ole Stevebo wouldn't have a prayer pullin me on the big hills on the way to the BIG show. The beauty of this rig is it was 100% reliable and I would go anywhere with it. It also rode like a new truck.

Thanks for bringin me back. Now go take some pictures already.

ScannedImage-6.jpg

WHC-125

Ken, thats a nice Blazer! :thumbs: What did you have as far as lift and tires? And heres some pics of new the truck and my first one.

Heres when it was just dropped off

001.jpg

And today

002.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

Lastly, my first truck.

008.jpg

Ken B

Your truck looks like she is rearin to get to work pushin some snow! I spent many hrs behind the wheel of an 87 just like it (injected 350 under hood) pushing snow.

My Blazer had a total of 12 inches in lift. In the picture it has 36 inch tires on it. I also had a set of 44's for it, hense the need for big block power.

ducky

if your looking for parts for your new truck or or other one check out LMC truck they have almost every thing.

Suburban 550

Good Luck with your new set of wheels, Chris. :thumbs:

WHC-125

Thanks guys! And Ken yeah I know but I am going to fix her up a bit before that. And ducky, I have bought from LMC many times thanks anyways

WHC-125

Well I made some progress on the truck and got the bed off and started sanding down the frame. I am thinking about going the route of building my own flatbed for it. Let me know what you guys think

stevebo

No flat bed !! Find a good condition used bed. They are out there. By the time you spend all the $$ to build the flatbed out of I assume wood you can find a good bed. :thumbs:

WHC-125

A member here might be helping me with a flatbed so were gonna see what happens. Steve, you should know me well enough by now that I have connections :thumbs:

Bill

don't forget I do have that Pot sander blaster that need's a new home.... it would look good in your shed :thumbs:

WHC-125

don't forget I do have that Pot sander blaster that need's a new home.... it would look good in your shed :)

:thumbs: I thought it dont work?

Bill

don't forget I do have that Pot sander blaster that need's a new home.... it would look good in your shed :wh:

:thumbs: I thought it dont work?

just needs a lot of of air to work good.... Naaaa I'm not going to say it :)

WHC-125

Bill, your out there :thumbs: And well if it will work with my compressor ill use it.

Bill

it won't work with that little comp. you have so your out of luck there.... but I still think it would look good sitting in your shed :thumbs:

stevasaurus

Looks like you have a few options Chris. :) Are you going to be driving to the big Show next year with one of these trucks?

:thumbs:

WHC-125

Yeah I got a few :thumbs: And I doubt it. I am going to get my liscense when I am 18.

stevasaurus

You need a fake ID... :thumbs: :)