Sign in to follow this  
C-Series14

Enclosed trailer help!

C-Series14

Well, after years of pulling open utility trailers from 8' to 16' and getting salt and slush and road crap on my tractors in the winter, I am going to get an enclosed trailer. Will also use it to haul my HD when I go on trips for the military. Anyone here have one, have a favorite or ones to stay away from? 7'x14' probably...with ramp and front door.

kj4kicks

Hi Mike, I have a 6x10 enclosed. It will easily hold a tractor (and alot of other parts with it), or a bike. My problem is that I outgrew it, and need to upgrade. Mine has the barn doors on the back, and no front door. Been looking at a 7x14 as the logical choice for me. You could squeeze 4 naked tractors in there.

The ramp door on the back adds to the price, as does the extra door in front. I'd rather put that money into a better trailer (for me, at least). Using removable ramps is ok for tractors, but the folding door would be better for loading a bike. No matter what, I put a ton of tie-downs all over the place, cuz ya' never know...

So there you have it, my $.04 worth!

C-Series14

I agree on the out growing it. I started with a 5x8, then a 6x12, then a 7x16, and now have a 7x14, all utility trailers. I am looking at a 7x14 Haulmark Kodiak with the ramp and tiedowns plus a front door. :thumbs:

Nick

Mike, I cant add anything about enclosed trailers but I have a local dealer you might try. Ive purchased a trailer, lots of trailer parts and all my new steel there. He is a real nice guy to deal with. http://www.liningertrailers.com/index.htm I prefer dealing with Bill at Liningers but right next door is a larger dealer called midway sales you could look into also. http://www.midway-trailer-sales.com/ They are on rt33 between Wapakoneta and St Marys.

Nick

C-Series14

Thanks Nick....will check them out.

baerpath

I bought my 28ft of ebay It's a Forest River brand. It was 7 months old when I bought it. If you don't need to have a new one I wouldn't throw the money away to have a brand new one.

As far as tie downs we use E trac bolted to the floor the whole lenght of the trailer and they have bike wheel locks the hook into the e trac also.

Duane