Sign in to follow this  
mowerman1193

Ebays feedback

mowerman1193

Has anyone noticed that ebay has changed there feedback so you are now no longer able to leave a negative or neutral feedback? I have never had much of any problems buying or selling on there other than there fees are getting out of hand.I usually only list when they send me a special free listings notice..

I always look carefully at the feedback and buy with caution. But how is one supposed to do that now as you cannot read the comments of bad deals..only the good ones, LOL

I have just listed a few things on there tonight and after this I am throwing the towel in on ebay. I have found another site that I will be selling my woodworking on that is much cheaper to do so than ebay and I have already created a store/shop there and will soon be listing my stuff there.

Too bad that ebay got too greedy and started catering to the power sellers etc..And now they seem like they do not care for the customers and sellers buy changing the feedback system..

Kevin

Ken B

Business is probably down on Flea bay with Craigs List cuttin in on there action so they more than likely thought this would boost their profits. I'm very cautious with what I buy and sell on Ebay. With well over 250 transactions I haven't had any troubles thus far. But now that I went and said that........ :)

rmaynard

eBay owns 25% interest in Craigslist, so I don't think that's an issue.

Positive and neutral feedback can be left for buyers.

Positive, neutral and negative can still be left for sellers.

I don't like it, but it's been that way now for over a year.

Bob

Gene_S

It seems like the world revolves on greed anymore Kevin...

I didn't know about eBay and Craigslist but I heard eBay owns PayPal and I use to sell alot of things on eBay for extra cash. I got tired of paying eBay fees and PayPal fees when they owned each other. If I have something I got cheap and I know I can make some money on eBay, I'll do it. All we do is give our money away and they just want more and more.

As for your products tho Kevin... Your one hell of a wood worker!!! We can't wait to hang the WH ornimants on the christmas tree...

rmaynard

Gene,

I don't think it is all greed. eBay became a popular venue for buyers and sellers because it gave those buyers and sellers a world-wide market. eBay may have high fees, but in spite of that, they are the only online auction service that has survived.

When people ask me why I put up with high fees for listing, high commissions for selling, and more fees for PayPal, I ask them if they can tell me a better way to sell my old rusty tractor part to someone in Indiana while I sit comfortably in Maryland.

More than eBay or PayPal fees, I think that shipping costs have made the whole online experience more expensive than it use to be.

FYI, eBay does own PayPal.

Bob

VinsRJ

Gene,

I don't think it is all greed. eBay became a popular venue for buyers and sellers because it gave those buyers and sellers a world-wide market. eBay may have high fees, but in spite of that, they are the only online auction service that has survived.

When people ask me why I put up with high fees for listing, high commissions for selling, and more fees for PayPal, I ask them if they can tell me a better way to sell my old rusty tractor part to someone in Indiana while I sit comfortably in Maryland.

More than eBay or PayPal fees, I think that shipping costs have made the whole online experience more expensive than it use to be.

FYI, eBay does own PayPal.

Bob

I completely agree.......

Shipping costs are the real killer IMO too. That's why unless it fits in a USPS Flat Rate Box I don't get involved for the most part. Everyone knows what the shipping costs will be, no need to ask. :)

mowerman1193

Ebay does have its place for selling..I do agree with that statement. It is great for someone that's just looking to make a couple $$, Thats all your getting after the 15.5% fees. yes thats right 15.5% between Ebay and Paypal. That's not counting listing fees etc. Which that much money is fine if you have an item that would be hard to sell elsewhere, as ebay does have a world wide market.

As for Shipping, Yes sometimes shipping is a rip off on certain items..But also a lot depends on how much the seller knows about shipping..Sometimes the flat rate box's are not that great of a deal while other times they are..One thing about those is they are simple as they will take the guess work out of how much to charge..Sometimes it comes out cheaper than buying a box and shipping it standard ground service. I find that most people do not want to put forth the effort to find out what way would be cheaper..

Gene, I sure enjoy making and selling items to nice people like yourself that really appreciate what goes into the final product. Its people like you that makes woodworking that much more fun to do..Thank you for the nice comments!

Kevin

Butch

Shipping has gone through the roof. Remember 2 pounds, in 2 days, for $2 from the Post Office? Nothing nowhere close to that today. UPS use to be a bargain. Not any more. Then Ebay sellers gouge you with inflated shipping costs on top of the already high shipping costs. I don't even waste my time with those sellers. Then you have those who WILL NOT combine shipping costs. I don't deal with those either. Plus if you're buying something brand new you can most likely buy it cheaper elsewhere.

horsefeathers

I don't sell on wE-Pay! But I Do buy!

And I agree On shipping costs!

I bought 2 trading cards once; seller asked for $4.95 shipping!

They came 8 days latter in a standard envlope with 44 cent stamp!

Seller should be arrested!!!!!!!

:) HORSEFEATHERS!